Akok Akok withdraws from Putnam Science Academy | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Akok Akok withdraws from Putnam Science Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ya, pretty sure there have been a few Duke freshmen over the years who didn't meet academic requirements...

But this is UConn. He better meet the minimum or we will be screwed by the NCAA. We don't have the luxury like Duke or Kentucky or anyone else not named us.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
So if the kid decides to go pro, for whatever reason, chief wants us to believe it's because he didn't get a qualifying score. Good luck verifying that.

Reaction Score
There is no way he plays for this team next semester. He still may enroll, workout with the team and practice next semester but to play is not realistic. That is what Hami did at Kentucky. Then he chose to play on the fall rather than go pro.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
There is no way he plays for this team next semester. He still may enroll, workout with the team and practice next semester but to play is not realistic. That is what Hami did at Kentucky. Then he chose to play on the fall rather than go pro.

While I wouldn't say 'no way', he would not get remotely the lions-share of the minutes. The guys who've been here, who've been grinding from day 1, will get most of the PT. But we are thin and a bit weak at the 4, so if people are hurt/foul trouble, he could get some run.

Also he brings something we do not have, a rim protecting, outside/in four.

C

Chief00

If you are a casual fan and are still confused or angry, please stop reading this thread here - Chief can’t break it down any more simply.

For those who want more nuance, please continue reading:
- Was anyone surprised that the Pomfret coach said he hadn’t talked to the UConn coaches? If the UConn coaches had no clue what was going on - wouldn’t they be calling him in panic? Instead, crickets.
- Just to be clear, don’t assume the information Chief has is from the UConn coaching staff - it’s not.
- The most interesting information is coming from other parties involved in Akok’s recruitment.
- Also, Chief has taken no position regarding the SATs. Other than to generically say it’s very common for kids to take them more than once today.

Reaction Score
I agree 1000%. after all he is not a lebron james

Reaction Score
If you are a casual fan and are still confused or angry, please stop reading this thread here - Chief can’t break it down any more simply.

- Was anyone surprised that the Pomfret coach said he hadn’t talked to the UConn coaches? If the UConn coaches had no clue what was going on - wouldn’t they be calling him in panic? Instead, crickets.
- Just to be clear, don’t assume the information Chief has is from the UConn coaching staff - it’s not.
- The most interesting information is coming from other parties involved in Akok’s recruitment.
- Also, Chief has taken no position regarding the SATs. Other than to generically say it’s very common for kids to take them more than once today.

If we miss on Akok do you think Diamond Stone would come here?

Reaction Score

Absolutely positively no one assumes your ‘info’ comes from the UConn coaching staff

C

Chief00

Absolutely positively no one assumes your ‘info’ comes from the UConn coaching staff

Not in this case - coaches are not suppose to talk about recruits. They follow the rules.

Reaction Score
If he enrolls, chooses not to play the spring, tests the waters re: pro basketball, I don’t think that’s a bad option for us. Worst case is it leaves DH with needing to fill a roster spot in June.

C

Chief00

Chief offering up a new wrinkle to the casual fan that the Pomfret coach has gotten involved.
You don’t need to call someone if you already know the answer regarding what is going on. Hence no calls from UConn coaches to Promfret coach.

Reaction Score
While I wouldn't say 'no way', he would not get remotely the lions-share of the minutes. The guys who've been here, who've been grinding from day 1, will get most of the PT. But we are thin and a bit weak at the 4, so if people are hurt/foul trouble, he could get some run.

Also he brings something we do not have, a rim protecting, outside/in four.
Just thought it needed to be said again, ya know, for emphasis.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
they are also offered in January

Semester begins Jan 22nd. So he'd have to get the results and be enrolled before then. No idea if that's possible with the Jan test.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Just thought it needed to be said again, ya know, for emphasis.

I'm on the worst cafe wifi in the world. I post, and nothing happens. I post again, the thing goes in three times. 3rd world country stuff. Deleted the last two.

But yes, again, in case it was not clear, hurley will not kick somebody out mid year. haha

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I re-read the article and Borges literally just stated what happened and asked Espinosa what happened. Nothing was in poor taste so I'm confused myself. So his AAU program doesn't like that Connecticut has reporters that hold people accountable for their actions?

Sounds like whoever runs the Mass Rivals Twitter account has an unhealthy interest in steering their kids, and doesn't have the maturity to be involved with AAU basketball going forward.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020