Akok Akok withdraws from Putnam Science Academy | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Akok Akok withdraws from Putnam Science Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hard not to think it is a bag move by not even having the respect to tell his coach. Project who is acting like a 1 and done. Hard pass

Reaction Score
Why wouldn’t he have taken his SAT by now and wouldnt it be awkward going to college so close to the school/ coach you just up and left

Reaction Score
"Since I have already graduated high school, it makes sense at this point that I study at home for the SAT, which I am taking for the first time on December 1st," Akok said.
This is unbelievable. He should have taken the SATs twice already. If you're trying to qualify for college, why not take it as many times as possible?

Reaction Score
Chief receives lots of feedback and makes adjustments accordingly, if appropriate. Recruiting is sometimes too complex for the typical casual fan, nothing wrong with that, but it’s a factor that we must process.
So Chief will break down Akok in one simple sentence:
Akok is UConn bound, if he achieves minimum scores on SAT for admissions, otherwise he goes pro.
Unless he has family $ he should be "homeless" right now, seems like a red flag to me but I'm a "casual fan"
- Who is feeding, housing & paying his expenses now?
- If he comes to Uconn in January who pays for his spring semester costs since we have no open schollies?

Reaction Score
That is my thought (Well my thought didn’t have the typo that my post does). Feel free to disagree or offer contradictary info to make me think otherwise. Completely disrepectful.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Unless he has family $ he should be "homeless" right now, seems like a red flag to me but I'm a "casual fan"
- Who is feeding, housing & paying his expenses now?
- If he comes to Uconn in January who pays for his spring semester costs since we have no open schollies?
he could have moved home? or stayed with a friend/cousin etc for a little while?

and if his family isn't well off he can qualify for aid

Reaction Score
he could have moved home? or stayed with a friend/cousin etc for a little while?

and if his family isn't well off he can qualify for aid
Anything possible but we're UConn so NCAA will put this under a microscope.....In Hurley we trust I guess.

Reaction Score
I have a lot of questions, but I'm reserving judgement on Akok until he publicly makes a decision and we learn more.

Also, didn't Espinosa just recently dis Akok when speaking to reporters? Perhaps they weren't on very good terms...

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
I have a lot of questions, but I'm reserving judgement on Akok until he publicly makes a decision and we learn more.

Also, didn't Espinosa just recently dis Akok when speaking to reporters? Perhaps they weren't on very good terms...

Unless I’ve missed something, the only “negative” comments I read prior to this were about his skepticism that he was pro ready. I believe he said something to the effect that he is too slender for the pro game right now and might even struggle initially in college due to his build

Reaction Score
That is my thought (Well my thought didn’t have the typo that my post does). Feel free to disagree or offer contradictary info to make me think otherwise. Completely disrepectful.
Your thought was an accusation without literally any evidence besides a gut feeling. That is what’s disrespectful. What did you expect the reaction to your post to be?

Reaction Score
Your thought was an accusation without literally any evidence besides a gut feeling. That is what’s disrespectful. What did you expect the reaction to your post to be?

You are assuming that I made that up. Read the morning news. That is how it played out. If the coach’s own starements to the press constitute my “gut feeling”, then so be it. Ill wait till you google a news article and then....your anticipated humble Apology is gracuously accepted.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You are assuming that I made that up. Read the morning news. That is how it played out. If the coach’s own starements to the press constitute my “gut feeling”, then so be it. Ill wait till you google a news article and then....your anticipated humble Apology is gracuously accepted.

Jay Wright paid Jahvon Quinerly directly out of his savings account.

Reaction Score
Semester begins Jan 22nd. So he'd have to get the results and be enrolled before then. No idea if that's possible with the Jan test.

There is no January test. They replaced it with an August test. As someone said earlier, the next test after December is in March.

Reaction Score
No I know you made it up. Your anticipation has failed you again.

Reaction Score
Hard not to think it is a bag move by not even having the respect to tell his coach. Project who is acting like a 1 and done. Hard pass
This is what you posted. You're either dumber than dirt or a Nova fan trolling our board or both.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Nobody knows why atm. It appeared he was not happy at PSA. I'm reading between the lines and guessing the coach was part of the problem for him personally. No evidence, just guessing based on the coach's comments, Akok's actions, and his own released statement.

Or heck, maybe he was embarrassed about leaving mid yeat and couldn't face his coach.

Could he have handled it better? Sure, but he ain't perfect. C'est la vie.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
@UConnStats if(when?) he commits we can pretty much count ourselves out of the Achiuwa sweepstakes correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom