Akok Akok update | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Akok Akok update

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
When the good new comes and your damn breaks in its entirety, I would like to purchase a couple of CHIEFS bricks, from the top row that comes crashing down. Since the university doesn't sell bricks, maybe just maybe CHIEF will at a fair price and of course all proceeds going toward a CHIEF selected charity. I DO HAVE A LOT OF CONFIDENCE IN CHIEF. Of course maybe your damn is not built of bricks. Maybe its concrete block or stone, but I will still purchase.
The dam broke in September. The hunt continued in October. Then we had a surprise suspension. We're in November a week away from the start of early signing period. The time for coded messages is past. Either these guys will put pen to paper or they won't.

Reaction Score
Love the announcers during the break. "Best play of the game?" I think not boys...

God, so much history and great moments with this team.

We were at my cousin's wedding in Long island that afternoon. After the wedding, before going to the reception, we stopped at our hotel and I turned on ESPN just in time to see the highlights. When they got to the final play, they used Joe D's radio call. At that point I knew we had won.

Reaction Score
how many scholarships does Pitt have? Wahab still out there.
Verbal Commits says Pitt has three open scholarships, but that can be inaccurate. In any case, Pitt has no 2019 commits to date.

Reaction Score
To this day I am still afraid when I watch the replay of the Pitt game . I think we are going to lose.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
El Amin's confidence in demanding the ball, then the beautiful decisive drive; this clip is always glorious.
The forgotten great play in that sequence was Freeman grabbing the ball before it went out of bounds. The announcers called him on it but after the game he said he was aware of the situation and thought they had a better chance scoring against a D that didn't have a chance to reset.

Reaction Score
At the risk of being "that guy".... @UCDaveD mentioned a couple times about the first week of November being significant. We're officially in the 2nd full week of November...any updates at all as to a timetable on a decision?

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
Complete speculation... but I bet if he sees us play cuse hard on Thursday we get the commit sometime this weekend. Hurley has probably been pitching the UConn rebuild hard and I bet Akok want's him to see him put his money where his mouth is

Reaction Score
my nightmare scenario is we lose by 20, after which akok signs with pitt and wahab signs with gtown. Sorry i'm such a pessimist, but my uconn mantra for the past few years has been to hope for the best but plan for the worst.

Reaction Score
If a kid took his final OV weeks ago, what is there left to think about? He has heard all of the pitches he is going to hear. He has had time to ponder them. He has, presumably, been thinking about the pros and cons of all of his final options for at least a year and their last minute pitches for several weeks. What else could a kid in that situation be waiting for? :rolleyes:

Makes me nervous$ :oops:
Is Cuse now out of Scholarships? If so, this could be the hold up if he was leaning that way. Waiting until spring would allow the program to see who else is leaving which could potentially open up a spot for him... That's the only reason I could think of him waiting. Tre Mitchell is waiting until the spring as well. I do think we lock up Akok by Wednesday though.

Reaction Score
my nightmare scenario is we lose by 20, after which akok signs with pitt and wahab signs with gtown. Sorry i'm such a pessimist, but my uconn mantra for the past few years has been to hope for the best but plan for the worst.
This is not the past few years, times have changed

Reaction Score
Add Khalid's shot.

My favorite part is the reactions and facial expressions of one of the Pitt fans behind the bench. IIRC, Khalid said he reacted that way at the end because he had been racially taunted the entire game. One of the guys visible when he stands on the table is just completely shocked. He looks like someone who might have been taunting all game and now had to eat crow and he just doesn't know how to react or what to do with his hands. At one point he wipes his mouth out of pure shock. Its awesome.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
The forgotten great play in that sequence was Freeman grabbing the ball before it went out of bounds. The announcers called him on it but after the game he said he was aware of the situation and thought they had a better chance scoring against a D that didn't have a chance to reset.

Because they would’ve gotten it under the basket for an inbounds play.

Obviously 2 different schools of thought there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline