Akok Akok update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Akok Akok update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe things will clear up when early signing period begins next week. I think it’s big for us he was sitting behind the bench last night.

Reaction Score
If a kid took his final OV weeks ago, what is there left to think about? He has heard all of the pitches he is going to hear. He has had time to ponder them. He has, presumably, been thinking about the pros and cons of all of his final options for at least a year and their last minute pitches for several weeks. What else could a kid in that situation be waiting for? :rolleyes:

Makes me nervous$ :oops:
It’s a life changing decision. Why make it before you absolutely have to? I can only imagine how much information there is to digest.

Reaction Score
Maybe things will clear up when early signing period begins next week. I think it’s big for us he was sitting behind the bench last night.
He goes to school down the street and was there with the majority of his team. Lets not make this out to be more than it is. How many times was Hamidou Diallo at our games?

Reaction Score
He goes to school down the street and was there with the majority of his team. Lets not make this out to be more than it is. How many times was Hamidou Diallo at our games?
It’s a message board it’s what we do. We find a crumb and turn it into a cupcake.

Reaction Score
Putnam to Storrs: 42 minutes

Putnam to Providence: 46 minutes

How many Providence games have he and his team attended lately?
Providence isn't who you need to worry about.

Reaction Score
From Evan Daniels:

Akok has taken all of his official visits and you would think he’ll come up with a college choice in the near future. That said, he hasn’t set a decision date and hasn’t said that he’s for sure signing during the early period. The five schools involved are Georgetown, Pittsburgh, Providence, Syracuse and UConn. The word on the street is the decision may come down to Pittsburgh and UConn.

Reaction Score
It’s a life changing decision. Why make it before you absolutely have to? I can only imagine how much information there is to digest.
Sure but he has had a TON of time to digest it. It isn't like eating tree bark.

Reaction Score
It was Intersting rewatching the game. In the first half he was sitting with his team two rows behind the bench but in the second half he wasn’t sitting with his friends and was directly behind the bench. CRUMBS!!!!

Reaction Score

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere but you can watch Akok play today at 4:30

Reaction Score
If a kid took his final OV weeks ago, what is there left to think about? He has heard all of the pitches he is going to hear. He has had time to ponder them. He has, presumably, been thinking about the pros and cons of all of his final options for at least a year and their last minute pitches for several weeks. What else could a kid in that situation be waiting for? :rolleyes:

Makes me nervous$ :oops:

An offer from a different school?

Reaction Score
The staff is not recruiting another 4 from this class. That in itself is telling.

They are still recruiting Mitchell/Wahab. I think that is more of a timing issue.

I still have Ollie recruiting PTSD of putting all our eggs on a five star kid, and then signing Rakim Lubin.

Signing Akok would go a long way for my emotional well being.

Reaction Score
smh. i can't bear the thought of this dragging on until the spring signing period. if akok doesn't commit this month either can we please just sign mitchell and wahab and be done with it!!! I'd still be ecstatic with them along with Bouknight and Gaffney.

Worst case scenario is waiting for akok and kofi and not getting either, because by then it will be too late for mitchell and wahab and we'll be stuck with tyler olander's cousin.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
smh. i can't bear the thought of this dragging out until the spring signing period. if akok doesn't commit this month either can we please just sign mitchell and wahab and be done with it!!! I'd still be ecstatic with them along with Bouknight and Gaffney.

Worst case scenario is waiting for akok and kofi and not getting either. Then it will be too late for mitchell and wahab and we'll be stuck with tyler olander's cousin.
We are not getting Mitchell and Wahab. It would be one or the other.

Reaction Score
Doesn't make a lot of sense he hasn't committed already & now he's throwing out he could wait until the spring.

Either he's just being coy (since many here say it's a done deal) or maybe he has indications of another offer.

If he's a "done deal" what does he (or UConn) gain by dragging it out any longer?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01