Akok Akok update | The Boneyard

Akok Akok update

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - Down to list of five, Akok's decision ahead looms large
“I really don’t know yet. I am just thinking things through and whenever it comes to me, that is what it is going to be,” he said. “I need to talk to my family about it all, but I don’t know if I want to sign early or not. Whenever it comes to me, I will know.”
BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - Down to list of five, Akok's decision ahead looms large
Not surprising. Who has the cartons of eggs??

Reaction Score
Sounds like he’s speaking highly of Pitt. Didn’t seem to say anything great about UConn. Kind of nervous

Reaction Score
Sounds like he’s speaking highly of Pitt. Didn’t seem to say anything great about UConn. Kind of nervous
Uconn was only school whose blurb contained language about making a run at a national title. Did not say a lot of words but that reads to me that he sees what UConn is becoming.

Reaction Score
I think that last but about making a run for a National Championship speaks volumes about the respect he has for Hurley and the UConn brand. Hope we can gain the commitment in the early signing period. Puts a lot of pressure on Hurley & Co. if we walk away this fall with just Bouknight and Gaffney with such need in the front court.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see a Matrim winky face to make me feel better.
Taking nothing away from folks who get inside information, but an indication at this point is meaningless. I don't doubt that there was some indication last month that Akok made a nod to UConn, but something spooked him or else he would have committed already. At this point, I don't think anybody knows what this kid is thinking/deciding. Looks like he has 5 great offers and would be happy at any of the places on the list. Winky face or not, we have about a 1 in 5 chance of landing him.

Reaction Score
Didn’t Evans have an article similar to this about Jalen Gaffney and then the next day he committed? Or am I misremembering.

Reaction Score
Taking nothing away from folks who get inside information, but an indication at this point is meaningless. I don't doubt that there was some indication last month that Akok made a nod to UConn, but something spooked him or else he would have committed already. At this point, I don't think anybody knows what this kid is thinking/deciding. Looks like he has 5 great offers and would be happy at any of the places on the list. Winky face or not, we have about a 1 in 5 chance of landing him.

tenor.gif

Reaction Score
If there was a clear favorite for Akok and Kofi I would think there would be more crystal ball picks to jump on the bandwagon. The absence of CB picks is the real insight, ie undecided. The cluster of picks for Kofi before his visit suggests now, that the insight may have been coming from the essentially the same sources as our insiders, rather than from the camps of the kids themselves. They have seemed more true to their public statements than our guesses.

Reaction Score
People got mad when some of us were saying a recruit was in the fold and now people want confirmation again.
It's just that we haven't got a top 50 big man in a long time. It would be a huge get for the program and not something KO could do in his time here unless you want to count Juwan Durham who was 52 on ESPN and higher before his second ACL injury.

pj

Reaction Score
If there was a clear favorite for Akok and Kofi I would think there would be more crystal ball picks to jump on the bandwagon. The absence of CB picks is the real insight, ie undecided. The cluster of picks for Kofi before his visit suggests now, that the insight may have been coming from the essentially the same sources as our insiders, rather than from the camps of the kids themselves. They have seemed more true to their public statements than our guesses.

I liked this even though I don't think it's correct. We shall see. The kids are running through their process and, as you'd expect for elite players, they have attractive options. They also have the luxury of delaying and seeing the season, our scholarship offers won't go away. Nevertheless, I think they may be close to committing. Akok has taken all his visits so it's just a matter of talking things through, getting comfortable, and then organizing the announcement (elite players like building their brands and social media followings as that can be a major part of their career income). Kofi has only taken one of his visits which tells us who the leader is. He may not need more visits.

Reaction Score
If a kid took his final OV weeks ago, what is there left to think about? He has heard all of the pitches he is going to hear. He has had time to ponder them. He has, presumably, been thinking about the pros and cons of all of his final options for at least a year and their last minute pitches for several weeks. What else could a kid in that situation be waiting for? :rolleyes:

Makes me nervous$ :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69