Akok Akok update | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Akok Akok update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My favorite part is the reactions and facial expressions of one of the Pitt fans behind the bench. IIRC, Khalid said he reacted that way at the end because he had been racially taunted the entire game. One of the guys visible when he stands on the table is just completely shocked. He looks like someone who might have been taunting all game and now had to eat crow and he just doesn't know how to react or what to do with his hands. At one point he wipes his mouth out of pure shock. Its awesome.
I remember that. Apparently they were chanting anti-Muslim slurs the whole time. Which is why El-Amin was particularly on fire that game and then jumped on the table and beat on his chest. I loved it. If I remember he said something along the lines of “How you like me now?”
What was so great about El-Amin is how he seemed to like playing in hostile or underdog situations... “we shocked the world!”

Reaction Score
I remember that. Apparently they were chanting anti-Muslim slurs the whole time. Which is why El-Amin was particularly on fire that game and then jumped on the table and beat on his chest. I loved it. If I remember he said something along the lines of “How you like me now?”
What was so great about El-Amin is how he seemed to like playing in hostile or underdog situations... “we shocked the world!”
Slight tangent here but was playing a pickup game at the rec center a couple weeks ago. The game always has some playful trash talk and one of the pretty good guards is a huskier fella. One of the rec center employees that is always around and has known this guy for ever, just kept yelling variations of "look at this fat, Khalid el-amin lookin dude" every time he missed a shot or turned the ball over. The jokes for KEA never stop.

Reaction Score
I mean while I’m a little nervous he hasn’t committed yet given what I had heard, it’s also kinda important to remember that no one else is feeling great about landing him either.

Guys on the Cuse board think they’re out. Pitt board thinks they’re out. We’re the only ones getting remotely positive news about him so until that changes, I’ll stay pretty optimistic.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
He’s just waiting to make the announcement at his school on Wednesday isn’t he?

This makes the most sense to me.

I wouldn't spend too much time worrying here (coming from someone that has zero inside info).

Reaction Score
Are we hoping that Thursday is the day with the signing period? Is that how that works?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I already see him as a commit at this point. I couldn't care less when he announces it
1542130340185.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99