Akok Akok update | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Akok Akok update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think it’s big for us he was sitting behind the bench last night.

I’d like to believe that but then I think back to how many times Hamidou was spotted behind the bench, or hanging out on campus, and everyone knows how that went down.

Reaction Score
Doesn't make a lot of sense he hasn't committed already & now he's throwing out he could wait until the spring.

Either he's just being coy (since many here say it's a done deal) or maybe he has indications of another offer.

If he's a "done deal" what does he (or UConn) gain by dragging it out any longer?
Outside of making us happy there's no reason for him to rush a commitment anywhere. Kids just like to feel wanted

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Maybe the banner students unfurled could have been a massive LOI with Akok’s name on top.

Reaction Score
Doesn't make a lot of sense he hasn't committed already & now he's throwing out he could wait until the spring.

Either he's just being coy (since many here say it's a done deal) or maybe he has indications of another offer.

If he's a "done deal" what does he (or UConn) gain by dragging it out any longer?
Maybe he’s just trolling us BYers.

pj

Reaction Score
Akok choosing between us and Pitt is a little like Cam Reddish choosing between KO and Duke. It may be a final two, but it's hard to believe it's a close decision.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Maybe he’s just trolling us BYers.
I just think he understands how important the decision is and wants to be sure. That's fine. Hopefully he'll sign during the early signing period.

Reaction Score
wish there would have been a video on the big screen last night of all the highlight plays we have had against Pitt, like kemba's shot and taliek's shot & then akok could have seen it

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Akok choosing between us and Pitt is a little like Cam Reddish choosing between KO and Duke. It may be a final two, but it's hard to believe it's a close decision.
Kansas Overland College?

Reaction Score
Makes me nervous also. I just hope his presence at the game last night is a positive sign

Reaction Score
What we know:
1. Akok likes to attend UConn games.
2. The only way it will be feasible for him to attend UConn games next year is if he commits to us.

But it would be feasible for him to attend UConn game(s) next year if he commits to one of our opponents...

Doomed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
I think that last but about making a run for a National Championship speaks volumes about the respect he has for Hurley and the UConn brand. Hope we can gain the commitment in the early signing period. Puts a lot of pressure on Hurley & Co. if we walk away this fall with just Bouknight and Gaffney with such need in the front court.
I think those 2 are fine commits. But just those 2 is a duh and not a damn dam.

Reaction Score
No, there will be good news. Not commenting beyond that, entering sensitive stage. Chief will always do what’s best for the program rather than get quick accolades that sabotage recruiting efforts.

When the good new comes and your damn breaks in its entirety, I would like to purchase a couple of CHIEFS bricks, from the top row that comes crashing down. Since the university doesn't sell bricks, maybe just maybe CHIEF will at a fair price and of course all proceeds going toward a CHIEF selected charity. I DO HAVE A LOT OF CONFIDENCE IN CHIEF. Of course maybe your damn is not built of bricks. Maybe its concrete block or stone, but I will still purchase.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When the good new comes and your damn breaks in its entirety, I would like to purchase a couple of CHIEFS bricks, from the top row that comes crashing down. Since the university doesn't sell bricks, maybe just maybe CHIEF will at a fair price and of course all proceeds going toward a CHIEF selected charity. I DO HAVE A LOT OF CONFIDENCE IN CHIEF. Of course maybe your damn is not built of bricks. Maybe its concrete block or stone, but I will still purchase.

Actually your could have bought pieces of Memorial Stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom