Akinjo Commits!!!!!! | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Akinjo Commits!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
From ESPN's Paul Biancardi:

Who he reminds us of: With his confidence and competitiveness, he has an approach and mindset of Kentucky freshman point guard Quade Green. Green's a better outside shooter and distributor at the same stage but they both share the will to win that separates them from many. On the defensive side, he can be much like former Kansas guard Frank Mason.

I like it

Sounds like a prototypical JC kid. Love it.

Edit: @HuskyHawk really beat me to the punch there

Reaction Score
May the Peach Jam MOJO be with us. Here is a great excerpt about the last 100+ player that chose The Huskies after a breakout performance at the same event.

Lamb had one Division I scholarship offer from UNC Greensboro heading into summer before his senior year. Stronger, quicker and more confident, he exploded at the prestigious Peach Jam AAU tournament, outplaying ranked players. With each three, the coaches flipped through their notebooks to figure out who the kid was.

"He shot the roof off," said Walter White, Lamb’s AAU coach at the Georgia Stars. "He wanted to let everybody know that he could play at that level."

Lamb left Peach Jam with over 35 offers, eventually accepting one from coach Jim Calhoun at Connecticut.

C

Chief00

Time for Chief to weigh in. This dude is a very efficient player. He makes the game look simple and basic - which a good player is suppose to do. I like his soft touch and coupled with his smarts and work habits, he will develop into a knock down shooter.
My man Carlos Daniels needs to work his magic on this 160 pound dude.

The Blaze momentum continues - we are on a roll again!

Reaction Score
me rn
02f.jpg

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Geez, I'm sorry. Absolutely wonderful to get this kid. Shows the staff is doing an unbelievable job in recruiting!!!!! I guess expectations are not what they used to be.
Oh, I get it. You're a Kentucky fan! ;)

Remember, rankings are not set in stone, and from 20 to 120 any player may shine, and any player may be a dud. And that goes double for 120 to 220.

C

Chief00

Gilberts handle is on another level than akinjos. Its literally what made him an all star in his class.

Akinjo lacks a right hand in every video ive seen. Very shifty but goes no where with it. Our coaches will teach him to be a more purposeful dribbler. But his 3 pt shooting is a great asset to build from

Agree 3 point bomber.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I'm greedy. With Akinjo and Wilson committed, I now want Carey, Carrigan and Nolley, assuming Adams and Larrier are headed for the League.

Reaction Score
I'm greedy. With Akinjo and Wilson committed, I now want Carey, Carrigan and Nolley, assuming Adams and Larrier are headed for the League.

Nolley is headed to Illinois with his buddy. Carrigan is falling for Boeheim's BS. More than anyone you listed, I want Nembhard (visiting this weekend). And I want him bad!

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Sounds familiar...

I've said this before, but the kid's game has a saviness and creative craftiness we haven't seen here since Shabazz. Intangibles and IQ off the charts... always 1 step ahead of the opponent. We need that.

Have you seen him play outside of highlights? Sincere question. And FWIW, Jalen Adams still plays here. He's one of the craftiest and savviest guards in America, which is why he hung 20 on an elite Cincinnati defense in 29 minutes despite being the only remaining player on the roster capable of creating his own shot or really dribbling.

People on this board have an uncanny ability to compare any and every recruit to Shabazz, but - and I'm stating the obvious here - those guys don't come around often and I think it does a bit of a disservice to players like Adams to throw those comparisons around so liberally. He's in the 99th percentile of college basketball players and Gilbert probably won't be far behind.

With a kid like Akinjo, he's just become another entry on a spreadsheet. It's more likely than not that that he'll be on the same plan as Shabazz and Jalen before him in that three years from now, after his sophomore season, he'll be underappreciated.

Reaction Score
Nolley is headed to Illinois with his buddy. Carrigan is falling for Boeheim's BS. More than anyone you listed, I want Nembhard (visiting this weekend). And I want him bad!
with Akinjo low probability that Carey or Nembhart comes here, playing time becomes an issue, especially if Adams doesn't leave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rawdawg35

Top Bottom