Akinjo Commits!!!!!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Akinjo Commits!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Welcome aboard Mr. Akinjo!

Here's the ESPN scouting report on him. Sounds like a Husky, doesn't he? Btw, ESPN has him ranked at #75. Rivals only moved into the Top 150 at 113 last month.

ESPN Analyst
Updated 08/23/2017

Strengths:
True point guard who exudes toughness, confidence and leadership. Akinjo is an elite on ball defender and takes pride in shutting point guards down. Akinjo is a strong play maker who can get into the paint with quickness and find shooter for shots or athletes for dunks. Akinjo is also a capable scorer from all three scoring areas. Utilizing his jump shot, mid range and his ability to finish at the rim with floaters and off hand finishes.

Weaknesses:
Doesn't provide you with elite length or athleticism from the point guard position. Akinjo could be a lot more vocal on the floor to control tempo and sets.

Bottom Line:
Akinjo is a competitive point guard who leads by example and doesn't back down from a competitive game. Akinjo will bring toughness, defense and IQ at the point at an elite level. Whoever is recruiting Akinjo, they are getting a true winning point guard.

Reaction Score
I'm really happy with this get. I think he will be an excellent #2 guard.

His FG% from EYBL is disturbing though... under 35%. If he cleans that up and learns a bit of a right hand, he could be a really nice player.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Based on what's been going on the last few months I don't blame anyone for getting very excited for this commitment. He sounds like a winning player. Something we need.
Just don't respond to them. Not worth it

Reaction Score
Feeling confident we can reel in Carey or Nembhard in the near future. Forgot we only have one scholarship left. Hoping that doesn't keep us from getting a commitment from Carrigan.

Reaction Score
Nice to get him but let's not go overboard for a top 100 player.
I think the criticism of the staff over the past several months has been fair in the sense that the recruiting patterns were not good.

The past couple months has seen some of those patterns reversed. It's a small sample size, but a good sign.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
As the Scout read up mentions he is young for his age and is trending north.

Young kid for his class with high bball IQ and a penchant for locking down opposing PG's??? And a proven winner???

Sign me up for that every time.

Sounds familiar...

I've said this before, but the kid's game has a saviness and creative craftiness we haven't seen here since Shabazz. Intangibles and IQ off the charts... always 1 step ahead of the opponent. We need that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom