Akinjo Commits!!!!!! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Akinjo Commits!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Akinjo is still 16. Won't be 17 until November. Most his age would reclassify to 2019 to mature more. Hard for me to get excited about this tidbit of information as the last player we had in this situation was Enoch. However, it seems that Akinjo has the right drive and attitude.
Jeez, guess I should amend my post above – I was off by a year. Thought he was 16/17 when I saw him last year, but apparently he was 15/16.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Nice to get him but let's not go overboard for a top 100 player.

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Geez, I'm sorry. Absolutely wonderful to get this kid. Shows the staff is doing an unbelievable job in recruiting!!!!! I guess expectations are not what they used to be.

Dude give it up this kid's a big time point guard recruit regardless of rankings and top 100 is nothing to sneeze at anyway. Bazz wasn't highly ranked and he is one of the best UConn point guards ever. This kid is of the same mold.

Reaction Score
When did fans not get excited about the commitment of a top 100 recruit with high upside?
Antric Klaiber was in the 80's. Richie Ashmeade was in the 60's. All I am saying is be realistic. I hope the kid is another Shabazz. Seems like he has great attitude and works hard and is a leader. All good attributes. No reason to give me the finger and play gun. And yes I would love to get a recruit in the top 25. Once upon a time it was not unusual for that to happen.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Antric Klaiber was in the 80's. Richie Ashmeade was in the 60's. All I am saying is be realistic. I hope the kid is another Shabazz. Seems like he has great attitude and works hard and is a leader. All good attributes. No reason to give me the finger and play gun. And yes I would love to get a recruit in the top 25. Once upon a time it was not unusual for that to happen.

You appear to be making the argument that HS rankings are not indicative of future performance. Perhaps you should heed your own advice.

This kid has a lot of strengths, plus he was the Peach Jam MVP. Not so inconsequential.

Reaction Score
Dude give it up this kid's a big time point guard recruit regardless of rankings and top 100 is nothing to sneeze at anyway. Bazz wasn't highly ranked and he is one of the best UConn point guards ever. This kid is of the same mold.
Oh

Reaction Score
From the video he seems to have a better handle than any guard on our team right now except maybe Gilbert.

Reaction Score
From the video he seems to have a better handle than any guard on our team right now except maybe Gilbert.

Gilberts handle is on another level than akinjos. Its literally what made him an all star in his class.

Akinjo lacks a right hand in every video ive seen. Very shifty but goes no where with it. Our coaches will teach him to be a more purposeful dribbler. But his 3 pt shooting is a great asset to build from

Reaction Score
From ESPN's Paul Biancardi:

Who he reminds us of: With his confidence and competitiveness, he has an approach and mindset of Kentucky freshman point guard Quade Green. Green's a better outside shooter and distributor at the same stage but they both share the will to win that separates them from many. On the defensive side, he can be much like former Kansas guard Frank Mason.

I like it

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Great to see an early commitment of a UConn style PG early on. Nice that he's young and probably has lots of room to improve. At his age, he could even add a couple of inches.

On the plus side, I'm assuming the staff prioritized defense here, and I approve. We need to get back to that. This is a prototypical Jim Calhoun guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom