A'ja to Announce College Decision on April 16th (merged) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

A'ja to Announce College Decision on April 16th (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not that hard line necessarily. But I do think he's right that kids who really want to go to UCONN generally commit early. It doesn't go in our favor otherwise, whether that's in a kid not buying in as much (EDD) or not coming at all.

Yes but it's not the point I made. Not neccessarily means he will yield on occassion. Which is why I don't buy that players don't have a choice if they don't say yes within a quick time. Sure some don't have a choice. He'll just recruit someone else in some cases. I do believe Wilson has that choice however.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
After watching USC again. They dont need Wilson they need shooters and scorers and Bianca Cuevas will be a start but USC needs alot more. They rely to much on their inside game. Ball handlers are another must. BTW Tenn is on the outside looking in on Wilson.

Reaction Score
The Gamecocks and the Huskies play each of the next 2 years in a home and home series, so I guess we'll find out on the court.

I don't mean to be mean to you. You had a fine season. And have a lot to look forward to. A wonderful coach and you will probably get Wilson. But now for some harsh reality. Your team and conference are overrated. Granted you'll be tougher each year but you need a supreme player in order to compete with UCONN and ND in the future (which I believe you can either next year or year after IF you get Wilson) . And I believe UNC will progressively get exponentially stronger too. Each team has their superstars - future all-wnba superstars. Without Wilson, your team doesn't. At least Wilson would give you that potential. Unless you get her - you have no shot to beat us in the tourney if we get her.

Thus it makes your reply to me very odd. We both agree Wilson will go to USC. So what is it that you and I have been discussing "will we find out?" I said we'd take you down with your team having no real shot for a title if we got Wilson. Yet as stated we both agree Wilson is going to USC - so what was the point of your reply to me?

Congrats again - you have a lot to be proud of- your team will be extremely terrific in near future if you get Wilson.

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
There are a lot of theories out there. I think A'ja is either going to USC or UCONN. In the end, I think she will play for Dawn Staley at USC because she, and the other recruits coming in next season, can advance the Gamecocks from SEC Champions to National Champions. Additionally, she attended almost every USC home game this season. Why attend so many games if she wasn't planning on playing at USC? Even if A'ja goes elsewhere, Dawn Staley is still going to have a team fully capable of winning national championships in the near future. It's unlikely this season, but with the top 9 players coming back next season plus a top 5 class, 2014-15 will be a special season in Columbia.

As for the theory that A'ja is waiting to announce because she didn't want people in South Carolina attacking her choice? It's a valid theory because I've seen it happen before; mostly in football and men's basketball, though. My opinion on why she waited is that she wanted to make a big splash with her announcement after the rest of the top players have already announced.
Care to re-evaluate that after today? UNC beat you guys with a team of mostly freshmen and 1 sophomore starter. As much as i'd love to see SC permanently knock Tennessee out of the SEC rafters, I'm not sure that you guys have any pieces to win a NC. You are very far behind teams like ND and UCONN, in spite of the decent talent that Dawn has put together. I know that sounds like smack talk and I don't mean it to. Whether or not you get Wilson, you won't be as talented as UCONN or ND. Or Tennessee for that matter (on paper anyway)...

Let's be honest. UCONN already has KML, and then Stewie and Jefferson not to mention Tuck. Those first 3 will the best at their respective positions next year, and they are all on one team. the best 1,3, and 4 in the nation. Stokes will be a top 5 post player, especially defensively, and that leaves the starting 2G for UCONN. I believe it will be Nurse.

UCONN is very much involved with 5 of the top 10 kids in 2015. And 2 of them happen to be 1-2 in the class (Samuelson and Durr). UCONN is also very involved with the #1 player in 2016.

Reaction Score
TONY: I think I got it: a puppy!!!??? Happy Birthday, Tony.

Hey, SAM: thanks for the "Like" you put on the original of this post. I had thought at the time I wrote it that it was pretty funny. I'll just say that you have exquisite taste when it comes to humor. :):rolleyes:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Our Equestrian team has been ranked number 1 and has multiple national championships, too, but I don't think we have to worry about an outpouring of arrogance in that sport. ;)
Yea, Equestrian "athletes" are arrogant enough as it is.:eek: :cool:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
It won't happen, but it would be hilarious if when she announced.... she picked a off the radar school... If she was standing on the podium, and revealed a Washington State hat. Or saying.." after much deliberation, I'll be taking my talents to Laramie". :D

T

TroyHouse66

CLE8...
<<Since UConn won their very first Championship, there have been MORE Championships won by other teams than there has been by UConn.>>
Yes, a shocking statistic.
It must, now, be made perfectly clear to Geno what the WOTBY* is on this shame-filled revelation.
*Will-Of-The-BoneYard

All future BY polls on the next year's National Championship team shall take the following format:
UConn ( ) Other ( ) [Pick one]
That should give him a clearer goal at the beginning of each forthcoming campaign.

The current score in what we will call "The Modern Era" (NCAA WBB post-1995) is now:
UConn 8 Other 11
This makes Geno's short range objective and potential winning streak goal quite clear for (at least) the next three years.
To date, the over-all NCAA WBB score is a bit dismal.
UConn 8 Other 24
If he can just get his head on straight and put some effort into the next sixteen seasons... his legacy in Basketball should be assured & a permanent solid silver trophy enshrined in Springfield, Mass...
the "Geno Auriemma- John Wooden Kinship trophy"... to be known as GAWK.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I don't mean to be mean to you. You had a fine season. And have a lot to look forward to. A wonderful coach and you will probably get Wilson. But now for some harsh reality. Your team and conference are overrated. Granted you'll be tougher each year but you need a supreme player in order to compete with UCONN and ND in the future (which I believe you can either next year or year after IF you get Wilson) . And I believe UNC will progressively get exponentially stronger too. Each team has their superstars - future all-wnba superstars. Without Wilson, your team doesn't. At least Wilson would give you that potential. Unless you get her - you have no shot to beat us in the tourney if we get her.

Thus it makes your reply to me very odd. We both agree Wilson will go to USC. So what is it that you and I have been discussing "will we find out?" I said we'd take you down with your team having no real shot for a title if we got Wilson. Yet as stated we both agree Wilson is going to USC - so what was the point of your reply to me?

Congrats again - you have a lot to be proud of- your team will be extremely terrific in near future if you get Wilson.

Thanks; even without Wilson, we still have Bianca Cuevas and Kaydra Duckett coming in, who are excellent guard and then a top ten player in Jatarie White on the inside. With or without Wilson, I think we'll be a top 5 team next season, but will clearly be better with Wilson. On the other hand, what's with your site and the "Gameroosters" thing?

Reaction Score
Thanks; even without Wilson, we still have Bianca Cuevas and Kaydra Duckett coming in, who are excellent guard and then a top ten player in Jatarie White on the inside. With or without Wilson, I think we'll be a top 5 team next season, but will clearly be better with Wilson. On the other hand, what's with your site and the "Gameroosters" thing?

I agree you'l be very good without Wilson. Just not "great."

Don't understand your question about "gameroosters."

Reaction Score
I assume you mean professional basketball aspirations. Becoming a pro-athlete is a risky proposition. She could blow out her knee her junior year and never be the same. Or, have some other career ending injury in year one of her pro career. She could be a great college player that washes out of the pros after a short career. Who knows, maybe she doesn't live up to the hype at all? The whole point of having that degree as a student-athlete is that you have something to fall back on if you have to get out there like the rest of us and get a job where one's ability for jumping, running, throwing or shooting a ball is not going to help you get hired.

The logic: if you can get a scholarship to play bb at Duke, Stanford, ND and Uconn be smart and pick Stanford or at least not Conn over any of the others. You might blow-out your knee in a pick-up game 2-weeks before official practice. Tell your children not to beome neuro-surgeons because they are high risk for suicide and stree-related illnesses (as drinking) compare with other medical specialities (and are forced into retirement much earlier-- like pilots.). If you must play bb then stay away from the guard positions- they are high risk positions for serious injuries. Why even go to college- if it's not a top 10 institutions, you will be unemployed according to the statistics. In fact, we should close many of the state universities because they cannot compete with the Ivy leagues. You are right Stanford does get its former players into interesting jobs. Perhaps its part of the scholarship package they get, the extensive network, etc. That is something for any hs student to think about. Uconn might think about doing the same- though it is much harder for public U to do so. We know that the B10 will only have AAU schools- they do not want their athletes mixing with rif-rafs! I for one will not perpetuate this cycle of elitism, even if the 'real' world is so mapped. Life down the bottom of the hill is hard, but sweet nonetheless.

Reaction Score
More and more kids are staying home to help build their state programs into powerhouses. See (Sims/Griner) Baylor. Diggins(Notre Dame). Of course there are exceptions like Maya. Don't you Connecticut fans remember the Center from Hartford who Geno pulled in 91, and As they say, the rest is history...

This is upsetting
After watching USC again. They dont need Wilson they need shooters and scorers and Bianca Cuevas will be a start but USC needs alot more. They rely to much on their inside game. Ball handlers are another must. BTW Tenn is on the outside looking in on Wilson.

My good lord both USC and Tennessee do... luckily we have 4 players considered good shooters added to our team next year. We need a new offense... A'ja is a player that could get us back to the Final Four but if we don't have an offense we won't win the big one regardless of who is on the court for us.

JS

Reaction Score
This site changes the name of our mascot.
The site has an overly touchy profanity filter programmed by Ms. Prunella Prude.

prude-woman.jpg

It takes the liberty not of deleting things, but of distorting them into ridiculous constructs just to get around the dreaded sexual reference that no one but the prudish programmer would've ever thought of in the first place.

Note that Prunella thinks the word sexual is OK only if it contains extra spaces. Those spaces evidently soften the raw impact of the word on the libido, which might otherwise be stirred to who knows what disgraceful actions by reading it.

Prunella spends a lot of time thinking about these things, just to make sure we won't have to be exposed to them -- except, that is, during the extra time we have to take figuring out what dirty little thing she's thinking about.

So, er . . . roosterhrn, be careful what you write. And if some filthy thought about basketball crosses your mind, don't richard around with it. Especially if it's too breastillating to get by Prunella. Believe me, she knows what's in your lustful little head better than you do.

Last edited:

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
This is upsetting

My good lord both USC and Tennessee do... luckily we have 4 players considered good shooters added to our team next year. We need a new offense... A'ja is a player that could get us back to the Final Four but if we don't have an offense we won't win the big one regardless of who is on the court for us.
First of all you have Harrison and Russell and stuggle. Your fans on your boards want Holly out because they say she cant get them to the FF. Why would you want another top player to see if she could get you there? Why based on all the hate for Holly and criticism of her poor coaching would you want to bestow that on anot
This is upsetting

You dont need Aja to get you to the FF. You have a roster of AAs and you have Harrison and Russell. Your fans critisize Holly and say she cant coach and post how terrible she is etc etc. Why would you want to bestow that on another top player? If shes as terrible as your fans post she is what makes you think another top player can change things. Its not the players, y,ou already have the top players. I dont care what Maria says Aja is not going to Tenn. Its between USC and UConn. I think before your fans talk about getting another great player which imo would be a disservice to that player, how bout winning getting to the FF or at least be a threat to. How Tenn got a one seed when they never were a top 5 team is a mystery to me. Was it a political ploy to sell tickets to the FF in Nashville? Now maybe Im a little harsh on Tenn in the post but I understand why on one hand you think Aja will make you a FF team when you already have the height shooters and AAs and cant get there and you fans blame the coach. If Geno Tara Muffet Jeff and a few other coaches had your roster they would be in the FF. Aja wouldnt be the difference. IMO its a dis service to think of Aja after all the negitive comments about how your coach cant coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom