A'ja to Announce College Decision on April 16th (merged) | The Boneyard

A'ja to Announce College Decision on April 16th (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
in honor of her Grandfather.

Saw it on a retweet of an A'ja Tweet. I don't follow A'ja.

Reaction Score
Just in time for the parade in Hartford for their 9th NC........I am sure she is glad its almost over...Too much pressure on young student athletes...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
in honor of her Grandfather.

Saw it on a retweet of an A'ja Tweet. I don't follow A'ja.
Well my guess was wrong. Thought she might do it at the McD's game.

I suppose that's a pretty good reason.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
That's a very nice touch on A'ja's part. Here's hoping she chooses UConn and decides to "be all she can be" and to become a part of living history.

Reaction Score
If she picks us, we'll say she has tremendous character and toughness in choosing to challenge herself under Geno's tutelage and striving for perfection.

If she picks someone else, we'll say she is taking the easy way out with (SC/UNC/Tennessee) and would have wilted under the pressure anyway.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
If she picks us, we'll say she has tremendous character and toughness in choosing to challenge herself under Geno's tutelage and striving for perfection.

If she picks someone else, we'll say she is taking the easy way out with (SC/UNC/Tennessee) and would have wilted under the pressure anyway.

No, you apparently will say that. Speak for yourself, Bubba.

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score

Home and family plus all your friends can be a very strong magnet.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Thread title should say that she will announce her decision on April 16. She will make her decision earlier. Like maybe April 15, to honor all us taxpayers.:D

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Thread title should say that she will announce her decision on April 16. She will make her decision earlier. Like maybe April 15, to honor all us taxpayers.:D
Ha ha. that was my very first reaction when I read the thread title. :)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
How many kids have waited this long and selected UCONN? Generally, the kids who want to go here are on board early (according to Geno).

Reaction Score
How many kids have waited this long and selected UCONN? Generally, the kids who want to go here are on board early (according to Geno).

Yes, this is kind of how I feel. If she was coming to UConn she would have been in the fold
by now. If she proves me wrong, I will be very (really really) happy.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I like that she is connecting it to family. Sounds like a great kid.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Maybe it would be too taxing for her to make her decision on that date. Maybe she is going to just wait until she wakes up and look for a sign on the 16th.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
All four schools will be good choices, so she can't go wrong. Of course, I hope she decides to stay home.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
She had very good visits at all four places.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think it's nice of A'ja to honor her grandfather. She'll make a decision based on what's important to her. Though we're biased, most of us honestly believe that she will improve the most and get the most exposure by playing at UConn. As rare of a talent as she is, I think that WBB benefits most if she plays for Geno. That, of course, does not lead to parity, but it does help A'ja and the women's game.

Reaction Score
Well if she stays home then we know that neither basketball nor academics are her top priorities. If one is trying to maximize their game and potential, UConn is the place to go to play with the best, learn from the best, and become the best, plus the added bonus that you will likely get to cut down the nets at least once during your collegiate career. If academics were her top priority she would be using her basketball skills to get her education at top schools that also have very competitive WCBB programs like Duke, ND, or Stanford. Staying at home means that hanging out with her high school friends a little longer is a more important factor in the decision.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Well if she stays home then we know that neither basketball nor academics are her top priorities. If one is trying to maximize their game and potential, UConn is the place to go to play with the best, learn from the best, and become the best, plus the added bonus that you will likely get to cut down the nets at least once during your collegiate career. If academics were her top priority she would be using her basketball skills to get her education at top schools that also have very competitive WCBB programs like Duke, ND, or Stanford. Staying at home means that hanging out with her high school friends a little longer is a more important factor in the decision.
You have it all figured out, don't you.

Why would staying home mean her education is not a priority? None of the remaining schools are Duke or Stanford.

Did Sue Bird not have academics as a priority?

You are not in this young ladies head. Stop posting like you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom