2024 Recruiting: - Ahmad Nowell committed to UConn! | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Ahmad Nowell committed to UConn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

The very first clip in this video stands out, creates a little bit of space and gets the shot up fast. Gets good rotation on the ball too. I don't know how this kid isn't a 5* recruit. I understand this is a highlight video, but damn. He looks like he could be ready to head to Storrs right now

If he were taller, 5 star for sure. Huge pick up

Reaction Score
One has to think that if you’re a big like Ngongba or a wing like Betsey, having Nowell committed as a lead distributor makes Storrs a very attractive destination. Add in Abraham and the beginning pieces are on board to keep the winning train rolling. The staff is putting on a master class.
Who He's Going To Recruit To Join Him: "I’m not sure if I will be recruiting, but I do know they are recruiting the big guy from Team Takeover, Pat Ngongba. I know his cousin is coming and that would really be great. He definitely knows he’ll get the ball from me how he'd want."

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I like the fact that guys well under 6'4" don't leave early for the pros. Sasser from Houston was quite a player and seems like similar size (and shot like that video shows Ahmad shooting that 3) and Marcus stayed his senior year and tried to lead them to title after getting hurt his junior year.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
If he was 6'2, he'd be a top-10 recruit. Probably ranked higher than Castle was, honestly. He just has limited NBA potential because of the height. In terms of pure production and impact on a college team, Nowell is 100% a five-star. It's why I believe he is the most important recruit in the class, no matter who else commits.
I call it when I see it. Im sold on him as soon as I saw the video. He is just different yet so familiar with what we had in our history of 5 natties!

Reaction Score
After watching his video…he reminds me of Kemba… just knows how to play the game better then everyone else…beautiful step back…and cross over

Reaction Score
Kind of reminds me of Kansas State's Markquis Nowell on the offensive side in terms of dribble skills and speed, nice release on the 3-ball, and his dribble drive/dish to big men. Not sure about the defensive side of the ball.

Reaction Score
Does that include Bazz's long range shooting?
Time will tell, shot 40 plus percent last year. I knew shabazz was money as a freshman. You could see he was fearless as a freshman. I see similar attributes here. Time will tell but i am very confident he will be outstanding. I agree he is the key recruit this year.

Reaction Score
Nowell will be shooting a ton of threes to prep for coming to UConn. I'm super excited to have him. The ultimate unselfish team player who also has a nose for the basket when needed. I like physically strong guards who can take contact and still finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom