2024 Recruiting: - Ahmad Nowell committed to UConn! | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Ahmad Nowell committed to UConn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If they lose Boogie Fland to UNC, what’s the back up plan?
I don't think they really want Fland, even if Fland wants UK on his list. He's not good. Travis Perry is the guy for UK at PG

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Perry might well be a target as well but the media is pointing out the growing number of recruiting battles they’re losing out on. If Ngongba comes here and chooses UConn over UK, it would be great.
I'm just going by their board. There's been very little talk of Fland and lots of talk about Perry. Maybe Calipari still wants Fland, and maybe they get him, but their own fans don't think so

Reaction Score
I'm just going by their board. There's been very little talk of Fland and lots of talk about Perry. Maybe Calipari still wants Fland, and maybe they get him, but their own fans don't think so
I haven’t read enough on their boards to get a feel for their pulse on Fland. But it would seem more reasonable that they wanted him more than Nowell based on them offering Fland in July 2022 and Nowell only this April. It’s already been at least a one year plus courtship. That tells me that there’s a good amount of interest there.

Reaction Score
I haven’t read enough on their boards to get a feel for their pulse on Fland. But it would seem more reasonable that they wanted him more than Nowell based on them offering Fland in July 2022 and Nowell only this April. It’s already been at least a one year plus courtship. That tells me that there’s a good amount of interest there.
I think they probably do, although I wouldn't read too much into the timing of offers. We offered Fland in November 2021 and Nowell in April 2023, and we seem to have just gotten a commitment from the guy we preferred

Reaction Score
I think they probably do, although I wouldn't read too much into the timing of offers. We offered Fland in November 2021 and Nowell in April 2023, and we seem to have just gotten a commitment from the guy we preferred
I’m very happy to get Nowell and get him on the earlier side. I like the player and it’s not worth the risk to lose out on a Fland late and be left with worse options. I think getting a high quality lead guard like Nowell will only help with Ngongba, Betsey, Swartz, Edgecombe types. I’m very pleased with how the 2024 cycle is going.

Reaction Score
I’m very happy to get Nowell and get him on the earlier side. I like the player and it’s not worth the risk to lose out on a Fland late and be left with worse options. I think getting a high quality lead guard like Nowell will only help with Ngongba, Betsey, Swartz, Edgecombe types. I’m very pleased with how the 2024 cycle is going.

Nowell is going to help a team win more than Fland anyways. Frankly, I'd be kind of disappointed if Fland commited to us. I don't like his game. Me me me basketball. He's a better fit for UK or some other school that prioritizes exposure and flash like LSU.

Nowell plays winning basketball--team first. Fits way better in our culture. I guarantee we'll win close games because or his selflessness and leadership by the time he's done in Storrs.

Reaction Score
A local piece-

Reaction Score
Nowell and Solo are gonna be the best defensive backcourt in their conference. Both came in with next level bodies, described as gritty/tough, and have great mentors on that end in the staff. Abraham is gonna feast on all those steals and fast breaks forced by our pressure.
I’m not comparing the duos based on body types, but the last time we had a backcourt that got after the opponent mercilessly, we won it all.

I remember the UK guards were visibly uncomfortable 25’ from the rim in the tournament. They weren’t thinking about running an offense-their sole focus was on not getting their pocket picked. Boatright and Napier’s ball pressure was unrelenting and wore teams down mentally and physically.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I’m not comparing the duos based on body types, but the last time we had a backcourt that got after the opponent mercilessly, we won it all.

I remember the UK guards were visibly uncomfortable 25’ from the rim in the tournament. They weren’t thinking about running an offense-their sole focus was on not getting their pocket picked. Boatright and Napier’s ball pressure was unrelenting and wore teams down mentally and physically.
The expression "In their grill" was a perfect metaphor that was used that day for that pair when it came to getting defensibly up and in on opposing guards.

Reaction Score
I like the narrative, fabricated or not. Say it often enough and it becomes its own truth. UConn got a recruit over Calamari, Uconn got a recruit over Calamari, (say it again and then repeat).
Not just Nowell. According to this article Jalil Bethea didn't include them in his final list in spite of him previously thinking Calipari was like God.........

Reaction Score
Nowell is going to help a team win more than Fland anyways. Frankly, I'd be kind of disappointed if Fland commited to us. I don't like his game. Me me me basketball. He's a better fit for UK or some other school that prioritizes exposure and flash like LSU.

Nowell plays winning basketball--team first. Fits way better in our culture. I guarantee we'll win close games because or his selflessness and leadership by the time he's done in Storrs.
Same. Comp for Fland (floor) seems Justice Williams @ LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits