2024 Recruiting: - Ahmad Nowell committed to UConn! | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Ahmad Nowell committed to UConn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The expression "In their grill" was a perfect metaphor that was used that day for that pair when it came to getting defensibly up and in on opposing guards.
I remember one of the guys on the Kentucky board preaching about how he wouldn't have wanted to win that game in the FF if their guards were fighting among themselves.
He was referring Shabazz shoving Boatright to get in the correct spot on the floor. I kind of liked a player who knew what needed to be run and making sure his teammates were all in the right places.............

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Relevant quote from Nowell:

“Everything impressed me about UConn, and specifically, their development with their guards,” Nowell said. “Coach Dan Hurley has a winning mentality like I do. We are on the same page. I was open to all the schools that were interested in me, but two weeks after I visited UConn in May, that convinced me. Winning the national championship played a big part.

“The program is about winning, and I love to win. This is a big load off my shoulders where I can focus on the senior season and one step at a time ahead. I won a state championship every year I was in high school. I won a state championship my freshman year when I was going to high school in Tennessee.

Reaction Score
I remember one of the guys on the Kentucky board preaching about how he wouldn't have wanted to win that game in the FF if their guards were fighting among themselves.
He was referring Shabazz shoving Boatright to get in the correct spot on the floor. I kind of liked a player who knew what needed to be run and making sure his teammates were all in the right places.............
Kentucky fans are something else. Yeah I’d rather lose a National Championship game because one of my guards had to correct the other on where to be during a set play. Delusional lmao

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Also gym rats and tough as nails.

The return of gym rats is what makes me most happy.

It's still burned in my memory of Ollie having to tell players they need to spend more time in the gym. And yes, I realize a coach needs to give players a better game plan for improving than spending more time in the gym. But, as a player, a coach should never need to tell you to spend more time in the gym.

I also like these kids are winners and seem to play a lot of pick up ball. I'm long over a majority of a recruiting class being raw talent which just needs game time to mature.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The return of gym rats is what makes me most happy.

It's still burned in my memory of Ollie having to tell players they need to spend more time in the gym. And yes, I realize a coach needs to give players a better game plan for improving than spending more time in the gym. But, as a player, a coach should never need to tell you to spend more time in the gym.

I also like these kids are winners and seem to play a lot of pick up ball. I'm long over a majority of a recruiting class being raw talent which just needs game time to mature.
It was a lazy response to a kid who's asking what his plan should be over the summer.

CL82

Reaction Score
ESPN write up…
IMG_9659.jpeg

Frankly, I've heard that last team had a good a shot anybody.

Reaction Score
It'll be interesting to see if Hurley has to make any tactical changes with a small PG instead of the larger lineup we had success with last year and will be running back this year.

Reaction Score
It'll be interesting to see if Hurley has to make any tactical changes with a small PG instead of the larger lineup we had success with last year and will be running back this year.

He won't be as switchable on defense as a Newton/Spencer because of his height. But he's also going to be able to fight through screens really well and stop quick, crafty guards better then our current starting back court.

Just an adjustment on defense. Nowell is still really solid on defense when he wants to be.

Reaction Score
Too lazy to check if this has been mentioned already, but Nowell's 3 point shooting stats are very impressive.

Shot 41% from 3 in the EYBL season. 43/106 from deep. And Jeff Goodman had to gall to tweet out that Nowell "wasn't a good shooter" yesterday right after he committed...lol

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Huge get for Hurley and the staff. Filling a critical need with what looks like a really strong player. Even if he's not tall, he seems to be strong and I think that's important for a freshman looking to contribute. Very exciting.

Reaction Score
The expression "In their grill" was a perfect metaphor that was used that day for that pair when it came to getting defensibly up and in on opposing guards.
I still remember Florida more than UK, mainly because of how hyped Scottie Wilbekin was all year, how we beat them in Gampel but they were allegedly a whole other team, they were th #1 seed, and how completely we embarrassed their back court.

369B3218-9E3C-492D-9D91-C99F99BBD6BD.jpeg

Probably one of my favorite all-time UConn pics:
17EA73BD-79F5-49E3-8F4C-7FDEA64525E4.jpeg

CL82

Reaction Score
It’s a joke about Cooley. C’mon now.
Lol, you are absolutely right, Providence College deserves our respect as long as they've got a experience coach like Ed Cooley!

CL82

Reaction Score
Personally I wish the university would make every Gampel game a $2 beer night. Look at the crowd this past season. It’s a great investment.
You can't do it every night, then it loses its novelty (but you definitely could do it for every PC game). I suspect they will use it to drive attendance at otherwise less games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom