ACC Off-Season | Page 10 | The Boneyard

ACC Off-Season

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

State lands the #1 player in NC and first commit of 2025. Shooting Guard Adelaide Jernigan.

She goes to school about 20 minutes away from me. This is the first time Ive ever heard of her. I do know that school is a basketball powerhouse.... Its the most consistently good program in NC.

Reaction Score
She goes to school about 20 minutes away from me. This is the first time Ive ever heard of her. I do know that school is a basketball powerhouse.... Its the most consistently good program in NC.
Small 1-A school but have been a powerhouse! 11 State championships in the last 18 years, the Lady Villains, such a cool nickname.

Jernigan ranks 2nd in school history in points in a season with 584, 2nd in 3 pointers made in a season with 79. We'll see how her game translates to the ACC, but hopefully she can be a floor spacer, a good defender and a dead eye shooter for the Pack in years to come.

Reaction Score

I'm going to do a deep dive when I get home from work. But I saw on Twitter that Coach Ivey kinda hype up the miles Hidalgo backcourt. I'm not gonna lie I'm pretty worried about them as a UConn fan lol. Also hoping to hear about how toby fournier is doing.

WBBTakeover

Thank you, Natalie!
Reaction Score
Some will roll their eyes when I say this, but the ACC team that I've been most impressed by in the offseason is Virginia Tech. Megan Thee Duffy was able to secure three really good assistants (all three starred in the ACC as players while two of them have ACC head coaching experience) and convinced "the leftovers" to not only stick around but help shape the culture of the program. Then, she was able to cobble together a decent recruiting class at the last minute. What could have been a disaster looks more like a competent bubble-esque squad. If they finish Top 6, then she should be ACC COY in a landslide.

Reaction Score
Apparently NC State transfer Caitlyn Weimar is injured and set to miss substantial time. Really hurts the Pack. Going into the offseason Center was the biggest question mark - the Pack returns sophomore Mallory Collier who played limited minutes last season as a freshman, Liz Williamson a redshirt senior who played slightly more but is strictly a defensive minded depth piece, and they bring in a freshman out of Illinois named Lorena Awou. Weimar was the plug and play starting senior who is the Patriot League MVP and absolutely filled the biggest hole on the team.

Big loss for the Pack. Fascinated to see how they construct the rotations without her.

Reaction Score
Some will roll their eyes when I say this, but the ACC team that I've been most impressed by in the offseason is Virginia Tech. Megan Thee Duffy was able to secure three really good assistants (all three starred in the ACC as players while two of them have ACC head coaching experience) and convinced "the leftovers" to not only stick around but help shape the culture of the program. Then, she was able to cobble together a decent recruiting class at the last minute. What could have been a disaster looks more like a competent bubble-esque squad. If they finish Top 6, then she should be ACC COY in a landslide.
Coach Duffy is a 2006 Notre Dame graduate so when she's not playing her alma mater you'll see a lot of ND fans root for her and her team. She's done very well at each coaching stop and I'm sure she'll continue.

With 6 of her roster of 11 returning, Carys Baker, Matilda Ekh, Samyha Suffren, Carleigh Wenzel, Rose Micheaux, four freshmen, and a junior from Utah, Lani White, she will have her work cut out for her replacing the points from graduates and transfers. I've always thought player development was her strength this roster gives her the chance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom