ACC Off-Season | Page 7 | The Boneyard

ACC Off-Season

Reaction Score

Programs like Columbia, South Dakota State and South Florida shouldn't be underestimated. For a team with the amount of youth on this roster, these are disciplined teams that would be a good challenge for them.

I will truly never get over Duke/Maryland being a non-conference game. I don't care how much time has passed, it just feels wrong.

Reaction Score
I will truly never get over Duke/Maryland being a non-conference game. I don't care how much time has passed, it just feels wrong.
twxR6nc.jpg

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You forget she's from Toronto where we have great Italian, Caribbean, Asian and Indian food thanks to multiculturalism to supplement our Canadian staples ;)

Yeah. I forgot she was from Toronto. She is arriving at a good time. Relatively mild temperatures here this week and next.

Serious question about the Canadian cuisine. Is Moose something people eat? What about Canadian Geese? Cause.....

Never mind about those geese.... Aint trying to spend six months in jail and pay a 15,000 fine for a roast geese dinner

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah. I forgot she was from Toronto. She is arriving at a good time. Relatively mild temperatures here this week and next.

Serious question about the Canadian cuisine. Is Moose something people eat? What about Canadian Geese? Cause.....

Never mind about those geese.... Aint trying to spend six months in jail and pay a 15,000 fine for a roast geese dinner
Most states have a (limited) hunting season

here In South Georgia, booming resident populations of Canadian Geese have become a pest. When I float and fish the rivers, most large shoal complexes, where the best fishing is, have large, noisy and messy populations. They might be listed as threatened, but they aren't.

People in Hilton Head say the same thing about Canadian pests.

Reaction Score
Anybody know for certain how far in advance non-conference schedules are decided upon? Is it a year ahead? Two years? Or done during the off-season just before ?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

here In South Georgia, booming resident populations of Canadian Geese have become a pest. When I float and fish the rivers, most large shoal complexes, where the best fishing is, have large, noisy and messy populations. They might be listed as threatened, but they aren't.

They are disrespectful. Walking in the middle of the road aa traffic backs up, they wont respond when you honk your horn to get them to move. I spotted a gang of them hanging out a few blocks over. If they start to head over to my street.... Well..

81aGl1TQ4YL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Reaction Score
They are disrespectful. Walking in the middle of the road aa traffic backs up, they wont respond when you honk your horn to get them to move. I spotted a gang of them hanging out a few blocks over. If they start to head over to my street.... Well..

View attachment 102961
Yup those Canucks are something

Reaction Score

I've heard the same in other states from friends. The term threatened is rather comical to me. The word threatening is. better description. You don't mess with cobra chickens as we call them.

There used to be a family that would nest behind the parking lot at one place I used to work. The game was whether you could get out of your car without being attacked. Had one co-worker stuck in her truck for 30 minutes one time. :D

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I've heard the same in other states from friends. The term threatened is rather comical to me. The word threatening is. better description. You don't mess with cobra chickens as we call them.

There used to be a family that would nest behind the parking lot at one place I used to work. The game was whether you could get out of your car without being attacked. Had one co-worker stuck in her truck for 30 minutes one time. :D

Evidently those geese read the Boneyard. I went to the bank a few hours ago and a small herd of them were roaming around the parking lot. Thankfully they weren't blocking the atm machine.

Reaction Score
Anybody know for certain how far in advance non-conference schedules are decided upon? Is it a year ahead? Two years? Or done during the off-season just before ?
All of the above. Some schools commit to home and home series up to as many as 4-6yrs out. Then some only do one round of home and home. Specific dates for each game are almost always worked out in the off-season though.

Reaction Score
“ Elite” means: (a) track record of success (b) proven coach at highest levels, and (c) a boatload of talent.

LSU: (a) recent success at NCG (b) Kim is
Proven at highest levels (c) four very high grade players. Elite and dangerous.

Texas: has been to elite 8 a couple times in last few years. Vic has been to the championship game twice at Msst. Very Good talent. Okay, elite minus.

Notre Dame: history of success under Muffet but has not gotten to an elite level since - though within striking distance with a talented group of players. Not quite there +

Southern Cal: been forever since they were in the final 4 but last year was pretty dang good. Coached turned this dead program around FAST.Lots of young talent could break through at any time. I expect them to be at or near the aactual elite level soon. Elite minus.

UCLA has been a OC challenger for the first half of this decade but fails at the NCAA level. One elite 8 decades ago. Lots of talent this year but coaching questions are there. Not there.

Louisville and NCState are not there but both have very good coaches . Maryland and Brenda are no longer elite. I’m
I’m not sure I would classify NC State as elite, but then again as a long time State fan, it could be my own inherit bias I have against my school!

But, according to the requirements here I’m going to say State is every bit as elite as Texas. A final four. Multiple elite 8s. 3 conference titles in 5 years. 2 returning 1st team all conference players. 3 McDonald AAs. 3 top 10 players in their classes. Lots of proven talent and unproven but highly thought of recruiting classes stacked back to back.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
For those of you who have watched the ACC Network the last three years, Kelsey Riggs has been a constant presence in women's basketball, including the "Nothing But Net" shows. Looks like those days are past in that she just got bumped "upstairs" to ESPN's SportsCenter (she's guest-hosted there). So I wonder who will be taking her slot? I've found she was a good presence overall. While I'll miss her work, Kudos and best of luck to her. Well-deserved.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
For those of you who have watched the ACC Network the last three years, Kelsey Riggs has been a constant presence in women's basketball, including the "Nothing But Net" shows. Looks like those days are past in that she just got bumped "upstairs" to ESPN's SportsCenter (she's guest-hosted there). So I wonder who will be taking her slot? I've found she was a good presence overall and wonder who will take her place.

I logged in to post the bad news, but you beat me to it. Going to miss her on the ACCN. :(

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
UConn Offseason Has ACC Bent in Early December

While UConn will start December hosting Holy Cross on Tuesday, Dec. 3, it will then travel to New York to play Louisville in the inaugural Women's Champions Classic at Barclays Center in Brooklyn on Dec. 7.

The Huskies will remain on the road and play longtime rival Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana on Thursday, Dec. 12.

Kudos to Geno for playing two of their tough ACC rivals so closely together...and at neutral and away courts. While the Brooklyn game will have a large share of Husky fans, I can guarantee that won't be case on Dec. 12th in South Bend. ;)
(which is to be expected -- the reversal of what happens of when ND visits the Nutmeg state)

Should be good games for a variety of reasons and look forward to them.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpio1

Top Bottom