ACC Off-Season | Page 5 | The Boneyard

ACC Off-Season

Reaction Score
I am excited to see how these new teams compete in their new conferences, especially Stanford with new leadership. Some exciting basketball is just around the corner!

Reaction Score

Incoming Swede Tilda Trygger putting up numbers! I’m curious to see how game ready she is as a freshman. Certainly an intriguing talent who could really elevate the Pack’s ceiling.

(Idk how to properly link a tweet so it shows up here rather than it just saying X.com :/ )
Change the "x" to "Twitter" when pasting the link. One of the board moderators outlined how to do so in a pinned thread.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Incoming Swede Tilda Trygger putting up numbers! I’m curious to see how game ready she is as a freshman. Certainly an intriguing talent who could really elevate the Pack’s ceiling.

(Idk how to properly link a tweet so it shows up here rather than it just saying X.com :/ )

Just replace x with Twitter

Cant wait to see #35 for Duke dunking on her

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
20220722_121626.jpg

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I haven’t seen mention in this thread: This morning in tha WaPo there was an article about two lawsuits against the ACC, filed by Clemson and Florida State over TV rights or the distribution of them or something.

Sounded to me like they’re just looking for a legal way to jump to one of the super conferences. Any comments from the ACC-following members?

TIA

Reaction Score
I haven’t seen mention in this thread: This morning in tha WaPo there was an article about two lawsuits against the ACC, filed by Clemson and Florida State over TV rights or the distribution of them or something.

Sounded to me like they’re just looking for a legal way to jump to one of the super conferences. Any comments from the ACC-following members?

TIA
My gut and local rumors ar that FSU really wants out of the Tobacco Road conference. Clem’s Son mostly wants a bigger share of the pie based on what they bring to the conference in football TV revenue and bowl money.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

TIA

F$U can kick rocks. They willingly signed the Grant of Rights, and now they are trying to lawyer up to get out of it. Where are they gonna go? The SEC doesn't need them. Last time I checked, the Big 10 wants AAU institutions not second rate institutions like F$U. I wish the commissioner would inform them they are free to leave under one condition... and start singing that Rhihanna song afterwards :rolleyes::eek::D (if you aren't familiar just google Rhihanna and Money)

I'm mixed on Clemson.... the same things apply to them, but as an original member... I'd prefer them to stay.

Reaction Score
More or less agree with triad about FSU and Clemson. It sucks but here we are. The ACC is in a bad deal and are getting left behind money wise by the SEC and big 10. Not sure they are being left behind on the field of play. At least not yet.

FSU and Clemson are looking around and seeing Vanderbilt and Rutgers rolling in the money while they are stuck (in a deal they signed off on!). I get it. But idk what the answer is.

It all sucks as a guy that grew up living and breathing the ACC in the late 80s, 90s and beyond but the glory days was 9 teams. Everyone played each other twice. Rivalries were natural. Everything was balanced. It was fantastic from a fans POV. Now it’s a total cluster with schools all over the map. The conference lost its culture as all of college athletics chase dollars. The culture and character of regional conferences is what made college sports interesting, hence making money. Bigger ain’t always better. We are just playing out the string now until the first straw breaks and then it’s Katie bar the door.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
One of the most complete players in the country. Scores, passes, rebounds, defends. Really excited for her comeback. ND is totally stacked with All-American candidates at the guard positions with Miles/Hidalgo/Citron.

Reaction Score
One of the most complete players in the country. Scores, passes, rebounds, defends. Really excited for her comeback. ND is totally stacked with All-American candidates at the guard positions with Miles/Hidalgo/Citron.
Koval is really good. Is she good enough to fill their post needs at an elite level? I have no doubt she eventually will be. The only question is when.

Reaction Score
Koval is really good. Is she good enough to fill their post needs at an elite level? I have no doubt she eventually will be. The only question is when.
I think their only real question mark is at the 5 position. Westbeld and Karlan are both 4s which leaves King and Koval. King has a really nice game as an undersized center but realistically ND is going to need someone who can bang with the Lauren Betts and Audi Crooks of the world. That has to be Koval. I do think she’ll be an impact player from day one but if she can be even more than that they’ll be a top three team all year IMO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpio1

Top Bottom