ACC Off-Season | Page 3 | The Boneyard

ACC Off-Season

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I'm very much looking forward to seeing her back on the court again - but we really need to STOP using that "generational talent" phrase. It just doesn't apply in nearly all cases. Absolutely great players yes but that's says enough.
Agreed. When 3 or 4 players have been declared generational over a several year period, it really loses its meaning.

Reaction Score
Agreed. When 3 or 4 players have been declared generational over a several year period, it really loses its meaning.
JuJu, Hannah and MiLaysia have all been called “generational “ this year. Three generations in one year!

I would scrap the Word and only apply it to players who have been in the W for 5 years or more.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
JuJu, Hannah and MiLaysia have all been called “generational “ this year. Three generations in one year!

I would scrap the Word and only apply it to players who have been in the W for 5 years or more.
There you go, 3 in one class. Plus Paige and Caitlin a few years ahead of them. And Azzi sandwiched in between (although she might've lost that moniker since leaving high school).

Reaction Score
There you go, 3 in one class. Plus Paige and Caitlin a few years ahead of them. And Azzi sandwiched in between (although she might've lost that moniker since leaving high school).
Boston was a “generational Big.” How old is Griner?

Reaction Score

I've seen a lot of this type of questioning about what "generational" means. I wonder if what is happening is about there being a lot more players arriving in college with the skills of past players who actually were unique in their abilities. The bar has been raised and we haven't adjusted yet. Maybe it explains the increase in popularity of wcbb.

Reaction Score
How can this be the ACC off-season thread?? The Lacrosse season has yet to conclude, with the NCAAT championship game scheduled for tomorrow....... :oops:

Reaction Score

They can't be generational players for their respective programs?

Reaction Score
@triaddukefan your Devils hosed in softball seeding and now in baseball seeding. How they weren’t a host over ECU is head scratching. Also figured they’d be heading to Greenville if not hosting, instead all the way out to Norman while Wake gets ECU.

Ray Tanner earns a return to his homeland and the friendly confines of Doak Field.

Former Pack player Tommy White comes to Chapel Hill, he’ll be a Pack favorite again for 1 weekend only before returning to Benedict Arnold status.

ACC well represented as is the state of NC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom