Aaron Hernandez being questioned about homicide. | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Aaron Hernandez being questioned about homicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Those must have been some interesting position meetings for the Patriots TEs in the past couple of years with AH and Gronk!:D

Despite their collegiant past I doubt Tebow and AH grabbed dinner together when he arrived in NE

Reaction Score
This is really mind boggling. If you're a pro athlete making millions of dollars you can't find a good reason not to murder someone? Destroyed home security system and his lawyer hands over his cell phone in pieces.

He's finished.

And UConn will never be mentioned in any national stories. Please with that nonsense.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Despite their collegiant past I doubt Tebow and AH grabbed dinner together when he arrived in NE

Didn't AH and Tebow room together when they first got to Gainesville? Talk about two completely different people! Sounds like a season for Real World on MTV! The hard-core, tatooed 'bad boy' from the north rooming with the bible-totting, "clean cut" southern boy.:eek:

Reaction Score
Tebow was born in the Philippines.

Supposedly murder over weed. Bristol has the saddest wannabe culture imaginable.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
This is really mind boggling. If you're a pro athlete making millions of dollars you can't find a good reason not to murder someone? Destroyed home security system and his lawyer hands over his cell phone in pieces.

He's finished.

And UConn will never be mentioned in any national stories. Please with that nonsense.

When you tell a guy 4 times that it is puff puff give, not puff puff puff puff give...what are ya supposed to do?

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
Tebow was born in the Philippines.

Supposedly murder over weed. Bristol has the saddest wannabe culture imaginable.

You have that completely right. I visited home this past weekend for father's day and I stopped at this bar on North Main street because a friend was there with his dad who helped build the place, dear lord the younger people in their were just go no where deadbeats content with working retail jobs to support their weed habits.

Weed is a gigantic problem on Bristol.

Reaction Score
I wonder how much AH is thinking about how much he effed up. I wonder if he actually was the one that killed the guy. This is getting crazy, the news cameras are following him everywhere.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
First thing I thought when I heard about this mess: thank God he didn't come to UConn! We definitely don't need another black eye during CR.

Reaction Score
Amazing how some people can have it all and throw it away foolishly.

Reaction Score
Blame Florida, Urban Meyer, the town of Bristol or whoever. But ultimately you are responsible for your own decisions. They may be shaped by your parents or other peers in your life but this is on him. There is no guarantee that things would be different if he went to UConn.

Reaction Score

He's finished.

1. It's smart if they don't have evidence they can't convict you

2. Since when does our country put away murderers. Beyond a reason of a doubt. All you need is one Prius driving tree hugger in the jury and he walks.

Feel free to put him on your fantasy team the next three years

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
1. It's smart if they don't have evidence they can't convict you

2. Since when does our country put away murderers. Beyond a reason of a doubt. All you need is one Prius driving tree hugger in the jury and he walks.

Feel free to put him on your fantasy team the next three years

As long as you bring those fckers up, has anyone else noticed that every single Prius driver sits in the left lane doing 53mph and REFUSES to move over? If you log a lot of highway miles please tell me you know what I mean. They're worse than the airport limo, Town Car guys.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
No offense to the Bristolites on the Yard but when I was at UConn (05-09) whenever there was an issue or just someone being scumbag at a party, they were invariably from Bristol.

Now, maybe after 4 years it was just a random coincidence that kept happening, but man I highly doubt it.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
No offense to the Bristolites on the Yard but when I was at UConn (05-09) whenever there was an issue or just someone being scumbag at a party, they were invariably from Bristol.

Now, maybe after 4 years it was just a random coincidence that kept happening, but man I highly doubt it.

Man, times have sure changed. I went to UConn from 88-92 and all of the trouble makers and scumbags back then were from Eastern or Sigma Chi.

Reaction Score
I wonder how much AH is thinking about how much he effed up. I wonder if he actually was the one that killed the guy. This is getting crazy, the news cameras are following him everywhere.
He doesn't even seem bothered.

Johnny Football is another sign of what's becoming of elite athletes. They'll be getting manicures soon.

On a side note, is weed going to be legalized now?

Reaction Score
He doesn't even seem bothered.

Johnny Football is another sign of what's becoming of elite athletes. They'll be getting manicures soon.

On a side note, is weed going to be legalized now?

He may not look bothered but deep inside he has to be saying to himself wtf did I get into. I feel badly for his family apparantly he has family members at his house. I don't have any pity toward AH but his family doesnt deserve to have cameras stuck in their face. Those reporters are total pigs, I definitely wouldnt have any self control to not take a swing at one of them

Yes and no on weed being legalized, I know in Mass its a $100 fine in the state of Mass if its an ounce.

Reaction Score
Man, times have sure changed. I went to UConn from 88-92 and all of the trouble makers and scumbags back then were from Eastern or Sigma Chi.

So true. Add Waterbury to that list. I'm a year behind you.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

And from 00-04, it was the Dutch. You knew to steer clear of the loitering groups of Dutch when you saw clogs and soccer balls. Good thing they mostly hung out around the Cattone Field and the hockey rink area.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yes and no on weed being legalized, I know in Mass its a $100 fine in the state of Mass if its an ounce.

If this incident is indeed about the weed, it never would have happened if weed was legal.

Reaction Score

There's a reason I didn't go to a school where a lot of Bristolites would be at. I have goals in life.

Reaction Score
Two brothers.

One went to UConn.

One went to Florida.
Really. He should have gone to UConn. He would have had his brother to guide him through his freshman year and his family would have been nearby. Karma is a funny thing.

Reaction Score
As a lifelong Bristol resident and Bristol Central H.S. grad, this news is certainly disappointing and disheartening. (But then again, we now have ESPN to be ashamed about too, so.... :mad:)

Angered that AH would allow himself to get mixed up with the wrong people to the point where it could/will cost him everything (reputation, promising football career, etc.) His father was well-respected in the community(had a huge turnout for his wake when he passed a few years ago), loved his kids and their potential athletic careers, and has gotta be spinning in his grave about this.

Sickening how hard it is for some athletes to stay out of trouble. So easy to get lured by temptation by being in the limelight.

Sad to say to make light of it, but by comparison DJ keeping that kid's wristband with the opponent's playcalls on it doesn't look so bad anymore.
Dennis Hernandez was a great guy and if he wasn't dead, it would have killed him to see one of his boys turn out like this. This guy has been a trainwreck waiting to happen since he went to Fl and he's finally gone off the tracks. Who cares if he smoked some weed. He may have shot and killed one person, shot and blinded another, and brandished his gun on several other occassions.

Reaction Score
Long time no post, but since I grew up with Aaron (well, DJ really since we're the same age):

In Bristol it's easy to come from a good family and get caught up with the wrong people. You grow up playing sports with them, you become friends with them, and you don't really realize until around middle school that they're not the best stock, but by then for some kids it's too late, they're your friends. And in Bristol there's this mentality, like many other towns, that you impress you friends with drugs and alcohol. It's easy for kids to get dragged down by this stuff.

Also, and this may be hard to believe, but he was ALWAYS in his brother's shadow until about his sophomore/junior year when his football career started to really take off. DJ was near legendary growing up. We had five plays in youth football, DJ go left, DJ go right, DJ go short, DJ go long, DJ up the middle. In the sport of basketball he was near untouchable at his age, and well, he got the adulation for that.

Aaron was an uncoordinated kid growing up and would try to keep up with his brother but never could, and with his father's passing it's just really easy to see how he could be mixed in with the wrong crowd. A father dying and your older brother gets all of the praise, it has to be tough. It's terrible but it happens. I'm thankful that DJ still has his head on straight.
That's Stop. He was named the top tight end in the country in high school by mnay recruiting services. He also was an all league basketball player. Yes, his father died when he was a senior in HS. But if his father heard someon use that as an excuse for Aaron's behavior he'd probably punch you out. And Dennis was a mellow guy.

Reaction Score
Have to wonder if part of the reason the Hernandez family wanted him to go to Florida was to get away from the bad influences he had surrounded himself with in Bristol (as going to UConn he would have stayed local and tight with the 'cancerous' friends). Obviously there was the football decision that drew him to FL, but you have to wonder if this may have played a part as well in the family's decision to push for FL.

Then, he gets drafted by the Patriots and returns to New England. While getting drafted by the Patriots was a God-send career wise for him, you wonder if it was horrible for him off the field as it brought him right back to the people he was trying to be pushed away from by his loved ones. While he may not have been an all-pro level TE if he was drafted by Kansas City or Denver (for instance), he may have not ended up in such a horrible place off the field.

All that being said...this is on him. You can blame the people around him and the influences all we want...but at the end of the day he is a grown man and makes his own decisions in life. If he "comes from a good family and is from good stock", then he should have known better than to get himself to this point in his life.
His family did not want him to go to Florida, but they respected his wishes. That is the only mistake his family made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom