Aaron Hernandez being questioned about homicide. | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Aaron Hernandez being questioned about homicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Man, times have sure changed. I went to UConn from 88-92 and all of the trouble makers and scumbags back then were from Eastern or Sigma Chi.
When I went they were usually guys on the football team.That said I knew a lot of great guys on the football team. However, it seemed when there were fisticuffs going on, often one of the participants was a football player.

Reaction Score
When I went they were usually guys on the football team.That said I knew a lot of great guys on the football team. However, it seemed when there were fisticuffs going on, often one of the participants was a football player.

By any chance were you there in the early 90's? Because that was pretty much the case back then.

Reaction Score
If this incident is indeed about the weed, it never would have happened if weed was legal.

Weed's always been easily available. What's more available now are guns (and maybe some roids to get you in the mood). And Aaron has the added benefit of Stand Your Ground to fall back on thanks to the non-Prius owners. I suppose if everybody in that car had a gun this never would have happened.

Reaction Score
Tebow was born in the Philippines.

Supposedly murder over weed. Bristol has the saddest wannabe culture imaginable.

Oh come off it. You're so full of its coming out of your ears. "Supposedly ..over weed." "UConn is going to look bad because of this. Where are you getting this BS?

Reaction Score
That's bull . He was named the top tight end in the country in high school by mnay recruiting services. He also was an all league basketball player. Yes, his father died when he was a senior in HS. But if his father heard someon use that as an excuse for Aaron's behavior he'd probably punch you out. And Dennis was a mellow guy.

Obviously he was a great athlete in high school, but when he was younger he was in the shadow of DJ. That can have an effect on a kid.

I'm not saying it as an excuse for him, but these things don't happen in a vacuum. Something got him into those crowds that didn't happen to his brother.

Reaction Score
Yeah, you know what, all those punks at the Upper Deck deserved it.

LOL!!!

Yes, some of the time. The poor kid who came back to our floor puking in the bathroom who nearly got killed by one of the thugs on the football team, not so much. I won't name names here, but what a piece of this kid was. Wonder if you knew him Carl.....

Reaction Score
Obviously he was a great athlete in high school, but when he was younger he was in the shadow of DJ. That can have an effect on a kid.

I'm not saying it as an excuse for him, but these things don't happen in a vacuum. Something got him into those crowds that didn't happen to his brother.
He chose to get involved with those crowds and the chickens are coming home to roost. It's too bad, the kid was obviously talented, but was not a person of integrity.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This is really mind boggling. If you're a pro athlete making millions of dollars you can't find a good reason not to murder someone? Destroyed home security system and his lawyer hands over his cell phone in pieces.

He's finished.

And UConn will never be mentioned in any national stories. Please with that nonsense.

From Sports lllustrated:

Hernandez was the youngest player in the NFL, 20, at the start of his rookie season. He's still just 23.

Hernandez's older brother, D.J., has been well respected in his career as a college assistant coach at Brown, the University of Miami, and now the University of Iowa. Hernandez was a two-time captain as quarterback and receiver at the University of Connecticut.

Both brothers had to endure the loss of their father, Dennis, in 2006 at the age of 49 due to complications from hernia surgery. D.J. was 19, Aaron 16 at the time. The death of Hernandez's father was one of the reasons why Hernandez decommitted from UConn and chose to play for coach Urban Meyer and the Gators.

This article, from the Daily Beast/Newsweek mixes up DJ and Aaron:

The current investigation is not the first time that Hernandez, a former quarterback and receiver at the University of Connecticut, has stood accused. On June 13, Alexander S. Bradley filed a civil lawsuit against Hernandez in Florida, seeking over $100,000 in damages from the football player whom he claims purposefully shot him with an unregistered gun.

I've seen several articles that have a passing reference to AH's decommitting from UConn. While Butch is correct in the regard that it's a part of AH's bio, I don't see how it will hurt UConn. DJ is mentioned in a few articles as a fine, upstanding man.

Reaction Score
I never said it is going to hurt UConn. Reading comprehension. This man is the highest rated commit UConn ever had.

Reaction Score
Play for Randy at Maryland or become a convicted murderer.

Simple recruiting pitch.

Reaction Score
"We're making headlines in football and basketball but football in the worst way. Never imagined such a day. "

Drama queen. So if you're not implying that this will hurt UConn, what exactly are you trying to say?

Reaction Score
"We're making headlines in football and basketball but football in the worst way. Never imagined such a day. "

Drama queen. So if you're not implying that this will hurt UConn, what exactly are you trying to say?
Worst way = murder. You read gossip magazines, don't you?

Reaction Score
UConn is not "making headlines" in the AH case. It never will. A passing mention that he was a former commit and some hack mixing up DJ with his brother does not mean that UConn is "making headlines in the worst possible way".

Nan has it right. A passing mention here and there, a screw up here or there.....but this will in no way, shape, or form hurt UConn.

Reaction Score
UConn is not "making headlines" in the AH case. It never will. A passing mention that he was a former commit and some hack mixing up DJ with his brother does not mean that UConn is "making headlines in the worst possible way".

Nan has it right. A passing mention here and there, a screw up here or there.....but this will in no way, shape, or form hurt UConn.

Florida Florida Florida

Reaction Score
All we need now is a high speed chase in a white Audi with a bunch State Troopers in tow down 84.

Oh wait, too much traffic.

Reaction Score
Drama? Forgive me for not talking enough trash here on this message board. I'll just be nice and put you back on ignore.

Reaction Score
Since I don't care to check what you typed, I meant this football section, not the Cesspool. Waaaaaaaa.

Anyhow, please continue on.

Reaction Score
FWIW, I got the marijuana association in this murder from a tweet posted on the basketball board's thread on this story. Bristol is still a ghetto wannabe.

Can't find any proof marijuana is associated with this murder. Thankfully. But the mention of him smoking weed might help get it legalized. It's medical use will expand here, eventually.

Also, I take back what I said. He does look disturbed. Too bad for him. The media is probably going to devour him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom