Aaron Hernandez being questioned about homicide. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Aaron Hernandez being questioned about homicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Have to wonder if part of the reason the Hernandez family wanted him to go to Florida was to get away from the bad influences he had surrounded himself with in Bristol (as going to UConn he would have stayed local and tight with the 'cancerous' friends). Obviously there was the football decision that drew him to FL, but you have to wonder if this may have played a part as well in the family's decision to push for FL.

Then, he gets drafted by the Patriots and returns to New England. While getting drafted by the Patriots was a God-send career wise for him, you wonder if it was horrible for him off the field as it brought him right back to the people he was trying to be pushed away from by his loved ones. While he may not have been an all-pro level TE if he was drafted by Kansas City or Denver (for instance), he may have not ended up in such a horrible place off the field.

All that being said...this is on him. You can blame the people around him and the influences all we want...but at the end of the day he is a grown man and makes his own decisions in life. If he "comes from a good family and is from good stock", then he should have known better than to get himself to this point in his life.

The Hernandez family did not want him to go to Florida.

His mother and brother wanted him to go to UConn.

According to SI.com. The latest incident continues a pattern of Hernandez being associated with guns that began in college. SI.com uncovered two new incidents that Hernandez was associated with involving guns and police. Those incidents are in addition to his inclusion in a civil lawsuit by a man who claims Hernandez shot him and that led to the loss of his eye.

Reaction Score
Plaxico Burres must be really pissed. He shoots himself and get jail time and loses millions in salary. AH shoots somebody else and there are seemingly no legal actions being taken when the guy spends weeks in the hospital and loses an eye.

There is a HUGE difference in NY and FL gun laws; especially when an unregistered weapon is involved.

Reaction Score
From what I remember, the family really trusted Edsall and they wanted Aaron within driving distance. And sans for his breaks from school (which he would be home from Florida anyways), he would be in Storrs which Bristol's finest don't even know exists. Anything east of Hartford is an unknown world to them.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Wow, raise your hand if you've been questioned in or linked to THREE shooting incidents (#notraisingmyhandcurrently#)

Reaction Score
Legend has it Aaron walked to midfield at the Swamp. Urban sneaked up behind him and asked if that's what he wants? Aaron decided, "Yeah." Their stadium is at least 2x the size of ours.

Now, this legend is really headed in the wrong direction.

Reaction Score
Have to wonder if part of the reason the Hernandez family wanted him to go to Florida was to get away from the bad influences he had surrounded himself with in Bristol (as going to UConn he would have stayed local and tight with the 'cancerous' friends). Obviously there was the football decision that drew him to FL, but you have to wonder if this may have played a part as well in the family's decision to push for FL.

Then, he gets drafted by the Patriots and returns to New England. While getting drafted by the Patriots was a God-send career wise for him, you wonder if it was horrible for him off the field as it brought him right back to the people he was trying to be pushed away from by his loved ones. While he may not have been an all-pro level TE if he was drafted by Kansas City or Denver (for instance), he may have not ended up in such a horrible place off the field.

All that being said...this is on him. You can blame the people around him and the influences all we want...but at the end of the day he is a grown man and makes his own decisions in life. If he "comes from a good family and is from good stock", then he should have known better than to get himself to this point in his life.

If memory serves me, U of F, during the Meyer years, seemed to have a number firearm issues including players waving around (and discharging) AR-15 assault weapons. For awhile, it seemed like Dodge City. Oh, and Meyer always seemed to time his "suspensions" to non-game periods. So, it might not be entirely a Bristol thing.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
If memory serves me, U of F, during the Meyer years, seemed to have a number firearm issues including players waving around (and discharging) AR-15 assault weapons. For awhile, it seemed like Dodge City. Oh, and Meyer always seemed to time his "suspensions" to non-game periods. So, it might not be entirely a Bristol thing.

Yes, I've state it a number of times in the thread. Urban Meyer's Florida teams were some of the most thuggish gun toting athletes even the SEC has ever seen. Multiple gun incidents. Mutiple reports of players brandishing weapons around town without getting arrested. This was well known down here.

It looks like, at the least, AH has tried to destroy evidence on this:

Police are back at the home of New England Patriot's tight end Aaron Hernandez today with another warrant based on evidence that "he destroyed his home security system,'' an investigator close to the case told ABC News.

The investigator, and other law enforcement sources, confirmed that the security system - which included video surveillance - was smashed intentionally.

And a cell phone used by Hernandez was handed over to investigators "in pieces'' by his attorneys, the sources said.

Police also want to know why a team of house cleaners were hired on Monday to scrub Hernandez's mansion, sources told ABC News.​

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Legend has it Aaron walked to midfield at the Swamp. Urban sneaked up behind him and asked if that's what he wants? Aaron decided, "Yeah."

)

I thought this stuff only happened at Penn St. (I couldn't resist...)

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, Aaron Hernandez is going to be part of UConn football lore.

Reaction Score

Yep. And it will be closely juxtaposed to the NCAA punishment UCONN receives for the UNC and Miami violations.

Reaction Score
The impact is instant big boy street cred. Except that usually doesn't involve murder.

We're making headlines in football and basketball but football in the worst way. Never imagined such a day.

Reaction Score

Maybe so to some of the locals & UConn fans who know his back story, but connecting him to UConn in the eyes of the rest of the country is a stretch. Sure he's from CT, but national perception will still be that he was a Florida Gator.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
The impact is instant big boy street cred. Except that usually doesn't involve murder.

We're making headlines in football and basketball but football in the worst way. Never imagined such a day.

WTF? "We"??? Aaron Hernandez is in no way part of UConn. I cannot even believe what I am reading. Please tell me I am misunderstanding what you are saying...

Reaction Score
Maybe so to some of the locals & UConn fans who know his back story, but connecting him to UConn in the eyes of the rest of the country is a stretch. Sure he's from CT, but national perception will still be that he was a Florida Gator.
A biography is a biography. There's no way his family and the University of Connecticut are going to be left out of it.

The way things are going, it's very likely one will be written about him.

Reaction Score
this doesn't have any impact on UConn in any way. Florida, the New England Patriots, the NFL, they all get tarred. Not sure how it impacts UConn in the slightest. He went to Florida after all, though for his entire career there I know there were a few posters who didn't ever quite get that...

Reaction Score
this doesn't have any impact on UConn in any way. Florida, the New England Patriots, the NFL, they all get tarred. Not sure how it impacts UConn in the slightest. He went to Florida after all, though for his entire career there I know there were a few posters who didn't ever quite get that...
Hey, I fully understand. But you have to consider people love stories. Just the way it goes.

Gossip magazines fly off the rack.

Reaction Score
If his dad had lived, he would have gone to UConn and kept his nose clean. Once his dad passed away, he drifted onto his own course and learned gun play in Florida.

This story does not diminish UConn in any way.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
he would have gone to UConn and kept his nose clean.

Having Randy Edsall as a coach/mentor is exactly what it sounds like he may have needed. And that is coming from someone who is not a big fan of Edsall.

Reaction Score
Another former Bristolite here. What the others have said is true. A town with great families and a large population of wanna bes. This goes way back.

My family and the Hernandez family go way back. Dad coached Aaron's dad. The thing about Aaron is that he's always been immature and felt like the rules didn't apply to him, including not practicing during the week in high school but playing on Friday nights. I'm not in the camp that had his dad lived his life would have turned out differently..who the hell knows. All I know is that his dad was a great person, his mom is great people, DJ is an exemplary young man and Aaron for whatever reason never seemed to grow up and distance himself from the wannabes. Unfortunately this does not appear as if it will end well and as other gun stories begin to emerge (college, Providence, Miami and this week), it's not hard to see a pattern.

Reaction Score
Guy is clearly a scum bag and an absolute moron.

There is a reason he dropped so far in the draft. He has been a sketchy dude since day 1.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Guy is clearly a scum bag and an absolute moron.

There is a reason he dropped so far in the draft. He has been a sketchy dude since day 1.

Those must have been some interesting position meetings for the Patriots TEs in the past couple of years with AH and Gronk!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom