Aaron Hernandez being questioned about homicide. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Aaron Hernandez being questioned about homicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He is from a very good family. I had the pleasure of meeting his dad's sister. The basement in their home was basically a shrine to Aaron and DJ's football career. That being said, I can't believe he allows these hanger ons so much access. He is from Bristol, not from brownsville. I wish him and his family the best, as well as the family of the victim, who probably was into some very shady stuff as well.

Reaction Score
Bristol does have kids from good families who go wrong. I've seen it with my own eyes. There were kids who thought they were the for selling skimpy dime bags of weed. Davis Drive was another world. I don't even want to imagine what it is like now.

Reaction Score
Summer is the time of year when football coaches have more sleepless nights than any other.

No idea what you're player are up to, and where they are at night.

One of Bill Parcells cardinal rules of football conduct,was to be home before midnight. Stay out of night clubs, and don't be out all night. Nothing good ever happens after midnight.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
The new evidence says Aaron was quite likely directly involved in the murder....uh oh

4 men were in the car (including AH), 3 men returned. Not good. He could well be an accessory to a freakin murder. Wow. Just pathetic to have "chosen" this lifestyle. For what? To be seen as cool by a bunch of low life hanger ons?

Ted Daniel ?@TedDanielFOX25 32m

LAW SOURCE: Aaron Hernandez was driver of a vehicle Odin LLoyd and 2 others in. Lloyd found dead one mile from Hernandez home.

2 LAW SOURCES: Homicide victim Odin Lloyd sent text to a friend that included a reference to Aaron Hernandez.

LAW SOURCE: 4 men together in vehicle. Only 3 return to Aaron Hernandez's home. Odin Lloyd NOT one of them. #fox25

Ted Daniel ?@TedDanielFOX25 21m

LAW SOURCE: Forensic evidence places vehicle "driven by" Aaron Hernandez at "crime scene". Don't know what scene that is.

Reaction Score
Good thing Addazio snuck him to Florida without his mother's knowledge or consent because he and Urban Meyer felt Aaron needed a father figure.

They turned out to be wonderful role models.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Good thing Addazio snuck him to Florida without his mother's knowledge or consent because he and Urban Meyer felt Aaron needed a father figure.

They turned out to be wonderful role models.

Meyer is a total scumbag. They had multiple players down there packing heat, brandishing weapons, being involved in drug dealing...and he did next to nothing as punishments. Yeah, all football programs have their share of thuggery, but at UF under Meyer it was really bad.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Hate to stereotype, but he's all tatted up like some gangster, and the hand signs? If nothing else he hangs out with some people of very questionable character. Aaron, may have gotten the better end of the athletic talent, but DJ Clearly got the upper hand in the judgement/character area.

Um, apparently you don't hate it at all. I have tattoos - and have never had a run in with the law. I work an 8-5 and you'd never know I was tatted up "like a gangster." I wonder if my friends think they hang out with someone of very questionable character...

Reaction Score
As a lifelong Bristol resident and Bristol Central H.S. grad, this news is certainly disappointing and disheartening. (But then again, we now have ESPN to be ashamed about too, so.... :mad:)

Angered that AH would allow himself to get mixed up with the wrong people to the point where it could/will cost him everything (reputation, promising football career, etc.) His father was well-respected in the community(had a huge turnout for his wake when he passed a few years ago), loved his kids and their potential athletic careers, and has gotta be spinning in his grave about this.

Sickening how hard it is for some athletes to stay out of trouble. So easy to get lured by temptation by being in the limelight.

Sad to say to make light of it, but by comparison DJ keeping that kid's wristband with the opponent's playcalls on it doesn't look so bad anymore.

Reaction Score
Don't you guys have anything better to do than discuss a player that didn't come to UCONN? Classic. A player makes it to the NFL that ended up NOT coming to UCONN - and gets more talk than players we've got in the league right now, and having to do with a murder investigation?

Ugly.

I understand that DJ is doing well with Iowa though.

Iowa is a program that I'd like to see on the schedule down the road. I wonder if that program has been reached out to.
Same feeling here especially since I have close friends in Iowa. Would be a great road trip. On bcs schedules at one time we had iowa listed on the future but when all the realignment went down. It went away

Reaction Score
Long time no post, but since I grew up with Aaron (well, DJ really since we're the same age):

In Bristol it's easy to come from a good family and get caught up with the wrong people. You grow up playing sports with them, you become friends with them, and you don't really realize until around middle school that they're not the best stock, but by then for some kids it's too late, they're your friends. And in Bristol there's this mentality, like many other towns, that you impress you friends with drugs and alcohol. It's easy for kids to get dragged down by this stuff.

Also, and this may be hard to believe, but he was ALWAYS in his brother's shadow until about his sophomore/junior year when his football career started to really take off. DJ was near legendary growing up. We had five plays in youth football, DJ go left, DJ go right, DJ go short, DJ go long, DJ up the middle. In the sport of basketball he was near untouchable at his age, and well, he got the adulation for that.

Aaron was an uncoordinated kid growing up and would try to keep up with his brother but never could, and with his father's passing it's just really easy to see how he could be mixed in with the wrong crowd. A father dying and your older brother gets all of the praise, it has to be tough. It's terrible but it happens. I'm thankful that DJ still has his head on straight.

Reaction Score
Innocent until proven guilty, in the court of public opinion though its the reverse. Looks like AH will get suspended for a season if he had any pre meditated knowledge of a drug deal. I have heard through the grapevine that AH associated himself with gang members from bristol. Right now he has to be saying to himself WTF did I just do.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
http://deadspin.com/hearing-via-law-enforcement-source-that-aaron-hernandez-517060656

Getting worse. Report that he's going to be arrested in connection with this.

If he was in the getaway car or involved in a drug deal where someone was murdered, he is guilty of felony murder. Not accessory to or conspiracy to commit, but the actual murder. Not claiming he was or wasn't just stating that he is in a world of s*it if so. Screw the yearlong suspension, his career would be over, and he'd likely spend a minimum of 5-10 years in jail.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
I had to laugh...helicopters following AH on the highway in his white SUV

BNNlwEFCEAA65TG.jpg

Reaction Score
If he was in the getaway car or involved in a drug deal where someone was murdered, he is guilty of felony murder. Not accessory to or conspiracy to commit, but the actual murder. Not claiming he was or wasn't just stating that he is in a world of s*it if so. Screw the yearlong suspension, his career would be over, and he'd likely spend a minimum of 5-10 years in jail.

Yeah, I mean we have to wait for this to all play out because a.) we don't know if the report is true and b.) they could just be arresting him as leverage for cooperation, but this has the potential to get very bad for him very quickly.

Reaction Score
The two cardinal rules of guns: 1) All guns are loaded, even if they aren't. 2) Never point a gun at someone unless you intend to shoot them.

I agree.

I'm tired of this. Really. While I didn't know them directly, I know plenty of people that knew the family. I know guys that played ball with his dad in high school, great season 23-1.

You know what, I don't care. I also knew people, good people, that had no business other than a calling to be childhood educators, and care-takers of children that were turned to ground meat by a maniac with a gun six months ago. First graders. 20 little bodies, turned to bloody, lifeless messes in less than 5 minutes. 6 adults, care-takers of children, shot dead in an instant.

People that don't respect, and use weapons properly, make me want to puke and beat the crap out of somebody, and want to pick up a weapon and show them what the working end really looks like.

This appears to me to be a case of a bunch of punks out late, and carrying weapons and zero respect for either weapons or life. If that turns out to be the truth. F*(k them. Picking up a lethal weapon and discharging it, and putting a bullet into another human being, is not a casual mistake.

So freaking tired of this. Guns are not recreational toys. Guns are not status symbols. Guns are tools designed to kill living things.

That's what this is about. Aaron Hernandez is no different than thousands upon thousands of other unresponsible owners of lethal weapons, and so are his friends.

Oh - it's the drugs, it's the people mixed up with - duck that. It's the bad people in town. It's everybody else;s fault. F*(K that. People are responsible for their own actions. Period.

I don't care if you're a drug dealer on the streets of Bridgeport, or a rich, suburban kid with mental health issues, you don't pick up a weapon and point it at another human being unless you intend to kill.

Too many, WAY too many numb nuts in this country that think they are bad ass, because they own a weapon and wave it around.

Ugly.

I got to go get some fresh air.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Have to wonder if part of the reason the Hernandez family wanted him to go to Florida was to get away from the bad influences he had surrounded himself with in Bristol (as going to UConn he would have stayed local and tight with the 'cancerous' friends). Obviously there was the football decision that drew him to FL, but you have to wonder if this may have played a part as well in the family's decision to push for FL.

Then, he gets drafted by the Patriots and returns to New England. While getting drafted by the Patriots was a God-send career wise for him, you wonder if it was horrible for him off the field as it brought him right back to the people he was trying to be pushed away from by his loved ones. While he may not have been an all-pro level TE if he was drafted by Kansas City or Denver (for instance), he may have not ended up in such a horrible place off the field.

All that being said...this is on him. You can blame the people around him and the influences all we want...but at the end of the day he is a grown man and makes his own decisions in life. If he "comes from a good family and is from good stock", then he should have known better than to get himself to this point in his life.

Reaction Score
If it's an accurate report, why does anyone rent 3 cars concurrently, or very close to concurrently?

If you're trying to avoid police interest, do you leave 1 of your rental cars near a guy purportedly killed (accidentally or otherwise) in the car?

Something's more than just fishy, but these Hernandez reports also suggest an ocean-ful of individual stupidity. Tragic for the dead guy's family, the killer(s) and their families alike.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Have to wonder if part of the reason the Hernandez family wanted him to go to Florida was to get away from the bad influences he had surrounded himself with in Bristol (as going to UConn he would have stayed local and tight with the 'cancerous' friends). Obviously there was the football decision that drew him to FL, but you have to wonder if this may have played a part as well in the family's decision to push for FL.

Perhaps, but if so, they were not well educated. Those UF football teams had just as many gun toting thugs to be around.

On another note, would Hernandz be listed as day-to-day or doubtful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom