Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
lol, somebody needs a snickers!!!

423526_10150580207879831_87028944830_8617106_1887077986_n-1.jpg
ahhhh, Photoshop

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
Some of you are so butt-hurt when UCONN is criticized, it's embarrassing.

Some of these points are true. Results matter. We should be running away with conference titles in all sports if we want to flex our athletic muscle and get out of this "conference" that we don't deserve to be in. Yes, money matters in CR, but some of you are delusional.

Reaction Score
70's - Gene Bartow lead Memphis to an NCAA Runner Up appearance with Larry Finch and Ronnie Robinson.

80's - Dana Kirk lead Memphis to 3 Sweet 16's and a Final Four with Keith Lee.

90's - Larry Finch took Memphis to an Elite Eight and a Sweet 16 with Penny Hardaway and Elliot Perry.

2000's - you guys know about Calipari's 4 year run at Memphis.

Memphis is NOT a blue blood (UConn is)...but we're also no 'one hit wonder' as we have over 40 years of sustained success.

Congrats, 5 of your 11 Sweet 16's have been vacated by the ncaa....

NCAA Tournament Sweet Sixteen
1973, 1982*, 1983*, 1984*, 1985*, 1992, 1995, 2006, 2007, 2008*, 2009

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Remember when Memphis used to steamroll their conference schedule and do nothing in the NCAA's? I bet they long for those days.
remember when their coach used to recruit bball players? never saying, "i dont care if they can't play ball, get me a kid who can jump out of the gym"

Reaction Score

Some of these points are true. Results matter. We should be running away with conference titles in all sports if we want to flex our athletic muscle and get out of this "conference" that we don't deserve to be in. Yes, money matters in CR, but some of you are delusional.
Thank you

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
You'll see a Final Four banner from 1973.

There'll be two empty spaces where they tried to hang a couple of other banners, but were told to take them down because, well, cheating.

Yet another lie. In 1985 the a NCAA didn't care about banners...1973 and 1985 are still there...we had to take down the 2008 banner.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Congrats, 5 of your 11 Sweet 16's have been vacated by the ncaa....

NCAA Tournament Sweet Sixteen
1973, 1982*, 1983*, 1984*, 1985*, 1992, 1995, 2006, 2007, 2008*, 2009

vacating wins may be the weakest, 'slap on the wrist' type of punishment I've ever heard of...you may think that's an insult...but as long as I have fun and can buy some t-shirts...I don't care if it gets 'vacated' later

Reaction Score
vacating wins may be the weakest, 'slap on the wrist' type of punishment I've ever heard of...you may think that's an insult...but as long as I have fun and can buy some t-shirts...I don't care if it gets 'vacated' later
Sweet 16 t-shirts?....So Cuse of you.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
You're attitude would be 100% different if you won a championship.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Yet another lie. In 1985 the a NCAA didn't care about banners...1973 and 1985 are still there...we had to take down the 2008 banner.

"Yet another lie."

God, you're stupid.

Memphis had to vacate the 1985 Final Four. (In addition to 1982, 1983, 1984 and 1986.)

It was an actual criminal operation - if you dimwits actually have that banner in the rafters, lord, that's just gross.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Dana Kirk. That is all. I though Huggy getting a DUI was a bad look, your coach was freakin federally indicted and served time in prison.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Dana Kirk. That is all. I though Huggy getting a DUI was a bad look, your coach was freakin federally indicted and served time in prison.

His "slap on the wrist" = vacating the postseason in 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985 and 1986 and being banned in 1987.

And cheating was so institutional that they were back at it in 1989 when the football program met the conditions for the death penalty, but were spared by the NCAA.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score

This must be why Gonzaga is in the Pac-12.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

If you think we're among peers in this conference, you probably shouldn't be here.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
"Yet another lie."

God, you're stupid.

Memphis had to vacate the 1985 Final Four. (In addition to 1982, 1983, 1984 and 1986.)

It was an actual criminal operation - if you dimwits actually have that banner in the rafters, lord, that's just gross.

B7kwtwPIEAAW9Yx.jpg:large

image.jpg1_zpsigw8dnlc.jpg

Last edited:

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
His "slap on the wrist" = vacating the postseason in 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985 and 1986 and being banned in 1987.

And cheating was so institutional that they were back at it in 1989 when the football program met the conditions for the death penalty, but were spared by the NCAA.

It's arguably worse than what SMU did. ***FIVE SEASONS***!!!!!! And football decided to just pick up where they left off.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score

Based on your criteria of us "running away with conference titles in all sports", how many current P5 schools do you think fit this description. I can really only think of around 6-7 P5 athletic programs that are consistently in this group.

The thing that pissed me off so much about CR, and thus indirectly fans and non-fans like you saying like this is: We are UConn. We have already proven ourselves as worth. There is really no other way to put it. There are roughly 20 programs in college basketball who have ever won a national championship. Even fewer are the program who have won them in the modern era, yet UConn has won 4 titles. What the hell else do we have to prove? If thats not enough, nothing ever will be, the powers that be will simply keep raising the bar required for entry.

I see my beloved school win title after title, go to a BCS bowl within 10 years of joining FBS, win titles in soccer and field hockey, as well as go to the baseball College World Series F4, yet despite all this I find myself reading posts on message boards from idiots like you, and even worse fans of schools like Wake Forest, Purdue, NC State, Syracuse, Pitt, Northwestern, Georgia Tech and Iowa State on reddit about how UConn will never be in a P5 unless they step it up. Fans of programs that have never won , seriously they dont have a single thing to hang their hats on, and yet they have the gall to tell us why UConn is on the outside looking in. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU ALL TALKING ABOUT??? What else is reasonably expected from this athletic department? UConn basketball's success in the modern era is essentially equivalent to that of Alabama or Florida in football as of late (schools that are considered the "kings" of college athletics), yet we consistently see ourselves getting shafted in the realignment game, and even worse having to listen to idiots like MASSconn and fans of lesser schools telling us what we need to do to get in. Seriously, shut the duck* up, because its all bulls**t. Ive come to the conclusion that CR has effected UConn so much because of nothing more than politics. Programs and ADs simply dont want to compete against UConn on the court, field, turf or whatever you wish to call it, so they decide to beat UConn in the one field they cant control, conference affiliations and TV $$$.

Sorry for the rant, Im a bit drunk right now and this subject makes me very emotional. Seeing posts like MASSconn's simply makes my blood boil, because it pains me to see the one true thing I love in this world withering away before my eyes over nothing more than old men in suits making decisions based on nickels and dimes.

Reaction Score
I think UNC is in deep trouble - you will definitely hear something about that down the road.

As for Syracuse...there's something going on.

Syracuse tried to play the victim last week by having their media peeps leak stories about how long the decision is taking, how long the investigation took, etc.

But it was an adversarial proceeding - Syracuse fought and delayed and fought and delayed. They haven't been cooperative and they've appealed when they were able...

So I am sure they know what they're facing and they've fought hard to delay and mitigate it - my expectation is that they will be hit with additional sanctions and the NCAA will release an ugly report to accompany them.
I hope that you're right, but I really fear that you're wrong. Until the NCAA steps up and crushes someone else whose transgressions were WAY worse than ours, it's hard to think that this is other than a rigged game.

Reaction Score
Let Rakeem play this year and make all the incoming recruits rethink where they want to be. 2 years from 2015-17. Fk them!

Reaction Score
In winning, we are unhappy. In losing, we are unhappy. Oh, the nervousness of the time. Such anger have not been a staple here for a while- if ever. I'm glad the poster is so welcoming. Think. We would be 20-1 in the ACC, Big10, B12 and BE. It must be out of boredom, rather then talent, that we are reeling towards the bottom. Perhaps we should learn something from the women's team (if we are really as good as the poster think)- it's about winning stupid. And if we can't win here we probably can't win elsewhere. As for smearing on other schools- that is so classless, really infantile.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Dear Boneyard knuckleheads,

In college basketball the regular season only serves to determine who makes the tournament as at-larges.

Sadly, the only thing that really matters is March.

So since the AAC was created, UConn is not just dominating the conference they have dominated the sport.

If you don't believe UConn's resume over the past 25 years overqualifies them to be in this CUSA reboot I find it hard to believe you like UConn.

It's like putting Sidney Poitier in Madea Goes to Mid Major Basketball Hell and pretending he was destined to star in that role.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
People are confusing two issues. Yes, we got screwed on CR. Yes we are an elite cbb program.
It just has nothing to do with beating up on the teams who agreed to join us in this conference.

We all want to get out of it. But the constant rage against the teams that accepted our invitation to join the AAC is a little arrogant, especially when we are middle of the pack this season. It is not their fault we are here. Save your anger for Cuse, Pitt, BC, UCONN's old AD and president.

We were screwed and stuck with a league of 3 teams. All they did was accept our invitation after we were screwed.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I hope that you're right, but I really fear that you're wrong. Until the NCAA steps up and crushes someone else whose transgressions were WAY worse than ours, it's hard to think that this is other than a rigged game.

It is ABSOLUTELY a rigged game. I wish I had the blissful naivety to think that the UConn APR penalty was just bad timing. The conferences and the TV networks all had a say in UConn getting smacked hard with a make believe penalty just as our legendary coach was approaching 70 years old and the university was stuck in conference realignment hell. UConn is the only school that matters that will ever face an APR penalty as harsh as the one we got.

That penalty was designed to knock out two recruiting classes which should have then put a stake in the heart of the program. A lot of important people outside the NCAA had to bless that decision. If UConn had already been invited to the ACC at that point, there is no way that UConn receives that penalty.

Reaction Score
nelsonmuntz said:
It is ABSOLUTELY a rigged game. I wish I had the blissful naivety to think that the UConn APR penalty was just bad timing. The conferences and the TV networks all had a say in UConn getting smacked hard with a make believe penalty just as our legendary coach was approaching 70 years old and the university was stuck in conference realignment hell. UConn is the only school that matters that will ever face an APR penalty as harsh as the one we got. That penalty was designed to knock out two recruiting classes which should have then put a stake in the heart of the program. A lot of important people outside the NCAA had to bless that decision. If UConn had already been invited to the ACC at that point, there is no way that UConn receives that penalty.

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I actually believe that this may be the case. Otherwise, I believe it was Emmert and Emmert alone that came after us. I'm 50/50 on whether it was a group decision or Emmert acting alone.

We should be royalty, yet the system refuses to protect us. Why would anyone want to kill a golden goose? We could be as big as UK with our charismatic young coach and our resume, we just need the ESPN hype. For whatever reason, they don't want to capitalize on the potential and it doesn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom