AAC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Great, I took huge pleasure in rising above it all last year, it was a magical ride. But now we're 8-6.... Last year clearly doesn't mean much now, otherwise no one would even show up to play us. Why is this so hard to understand? I'm not looking to diminish any of our history....I'm only saying that we can all bitch all we want, but if this conference was so non-competitive for us, why aren't we undefeated? For God,s sake, we're in 6th place and barely above .500.

Do you really need the situation explained to you?

There aren't 500 threads about how the ban + sanctions hurt recruiting?

That being associated with a half dozen anchors creates additional challenges?

You can't possibly be dumb enough to not understand the best program from the best league in the sport's entire history is better than the mid major dregs that the AAC is trying to pass off as major conference basketball.

Reaction Score
A two
Using a two year sample size is really stupid. That's pretty much it. There are a lot of historically great programs, such as Indiana and UCLA which would have had similar results in the AAC the past two years and would still not belong. UCONN has it's lowest total of NBA players this year in the past 10 years and they still have more NBA players than the rest of the conference combined. It's not an argument worth having.
year sample size is all we have, Einstein. And by the way, those two years total 32 GAMES.....hardly something that can be chalked up as an anomaly.....32 GAMES. Don't you get it! I'm not knocking UConn, i'm just saying we havent' really proven we're head and shoulders above this conference in terms of 32 conference games. That's like saying two decades is only two....not a really good sample size, after all, it's only two.

Reaction Score

You can't possibly be dumb enough to not understand the best program from the best league in the sport's entire history is better than the mid major dregs that the AAC is trying to pass off as major conference basketball.
Why didn't the ban and sanctions impact us last year? What kind of argument is that?

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
This reeks of the pot calling the kettle black. A pot that lost to Tulane and ECU.

I don't b#%@$ about sharing a conference with them.

I'm happy to be in a football conference that features UCF, Cincy, ECU, Houston, Navy, Memphis, etc.

I'm happy to be in a hoops conference that features UConn, Cincy, Temple, Memphis, SMU, Tulsa, etc.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I don't b#%@$ about sharing a conference with them.

I'm happy to be in a football conference that features UCF, Cincy, ECU, Houston, Navy, Memphis, etc.

I'm happy to be in a hoops conference that features UConn, Cincy, Temple, Memphis, SMU, Tulsa, etc.

Great. Good for you. We aren't. You do you, and please let us do us.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Why didn't the ban and sanctions impact us last year? What kind of argument is that?

They did... but you might have noticed really good players who were recruited prior to the ban were still on the team.

Clearly you are just trolling so hopefully everyone just lets this one die a natural death now.

Reaction Score
Yes, but I am too nice.
Since when??????

JS bans people on the women's board for not kissing the a $$ es of guys like this. You need to kick them to the curb so everyone doesn't have to suffer them....

Having said that, your response made me chuckle

Reaction Score

Those dregs recruited guys that have beaten us 12 times in less than two years. Now I suppose you're going to tell me that they got a recruiting bump because Uconn was added to their conference. This is insanity, i'm going to stop now. If you can't see that we haven't dominated this conference, based on our RECORD, you'll never get it.

And again, I want out of this conference as much as anyone on this board.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Great, I took huge pleasure in rising above it all last year, it was a magical ride. But now we're 8-6.... Last year clearly doesn't mean much now, otherwise no one would even show up to play us. Why is this so hard to understand? I'm not looking to diminish any of our history....I'm only saying that we can all bitch all we want, but if this conference was so non-competitive for us, why aren't we undefeated? For God,s sake, we're in 6th place and barely above .500.

The thing is if you go with that school of thought, there'd have to be conference re-alignment at the end of every season all across the nation.

Reaction Score
They did... but you might have noticed really good players who were recruited prior to the ban were still on the team.

Clearly you are just trolling so hopefully everyone just lets this one die a natural death now.
I don't troll.....I've been on this board since its inception over 20 years ago. And am way more of a Uconn fan than you, of this I have no doubt.

Reaction Score
The thing is if you go with that school of thought, there'd have to be conference re-alignment at the end of every season all across the nation.
Fair point.....but the way people complain about this conference, you'd think we were 30-2 instead of 20-12.

Reaction Score
I don't troll.....I've been on this board since its inception over 20 years ago. And am way more of a Uconn fan than you, of this I have no doubt.

You may be a great fan, but you are as dumb as a brick. I can't believe you compared two years to two decades in your other post.

UCONN is at the least, a top 5 program in the modern era. That 25 year period of excellence means something, which is unfortunate for your argument. You don't get relegated after an inconsistent two year period (which included a championship, albeit, a somewhat flukey one). I am going to retire from this argument, and let someone else unsuccessfully try to get through to you.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

LOL sure thing.

Reaction Score
You may be a great fan, but you are as dumb as a brick. I can't believe you compared two years to two decades in your other post.

UCONN is at the least, a top 5 program in the modern era. That 25 year period of excellence means something, which is unfortunate for you're argument. You don't get relegated after an inconsistent two year period (which included a championship, albeit, a somewhat flukey one). I am going to retire from this argument, and let someone else unsuccessfully try to get through to you.
Lol

Talking here and now pal.....who is the brick? We ended up in a sh!tty conference, yet we haven't dominated it. That is factual. Why you're unable or unwilling to acknowledge that, I have no idea. Our record is what it is, 25 years does nothing to change that. In fact, it's my argument!

Reaction Score
Fair point.....but the way people complain about this conference, you'd think we were 30-2 instead of 20-12.
A complaint is a complaint, whether its posters complaining about the conference or posters complaining about posters complaining about a conference.

So you do know you are complaining about complainers which makes you a complainer and hence complaining about yourself.

The solution of course is to stop the complainers or stop complaining. Its the same thing by the way, however one is much easier.

By the way being married for a couple of decades makes me an expert on complaining.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The worst part about this conference is that the dregs will pull us down far faster than we'll ever be able to pull them up.

They're the headwind that we'll have to run into until we either exhaust ourselves or get out.

Reaction Score

So the ban didn't affect us in the year we won, but does affect us in the year we suck? Interesting logic. Guessing you didn't quite make the cut for your high school debate team..... you've made my cross country flight quite amusing, thank you!

Reaction Score
The worst part about this conference is that the dregs will pull us down far faster than we'll ever be able to pull them up.

They're the headwind that we'll have to run into until we either exhaust ourselves or get out.
Now that I can agree with....over long term, far more likely we become one of them than vice-versa

Reaction Score
Lol

Talking here and now pal.....who is the brick? We ended up in a sh!tty conference, yet we haven't dominated it. That is factual. Why you're unable or unwilling to acknowledge that, I have no idea. Our record is what it is, 25 years does nothing to change that. In fact, it's my argument!

People have made at least a dozen posts in this thread explaining to you exactly why you're wrong and you're still dumb enough to think that you're right. The definition of stupidity.

Reaction Score
Guys! Guys! Guys!

We are just having a bad season, unfortunately this gets magnified in a weak conference.
WE WILL BOUNCE BACK

Reaction Score
I see UConn fall to teams like SMU, Houston, Tulsa, Memphis, etc...and I wonder where the arrogance comes from...congrats on your titles, but UConn is not 'above' the AAC and the record shows as much.

oh great, we have Memphis fans chirping at us. Memphis! Now I really have a reason to hate this conference.

Reaction Score
A complaint is a complaint, whether its posters complaining about the conference or posters complaining about posters complaining about a conference.

So you do know you are complaining about complainers which makes you a complainer and hence complaining about yourself.

The solution of course is to stop the complainers or stop complaining. Its the same thing by the way, however one is much easier.

By the way being married for a couple of decades makes me an expert on complaining.
Lol, well said

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So the ban didn't affect us in the year we won, but does affect us in the year we suck? Interesting logic. Guessing you didn't quite make the cut for your high school debate team..... you've made my cross country flight quite amusing, thank you!

Hopefully you've just been overserved at a high altitude and you aren't really this stupid.

*fingers crossed*

Reaction Score
People have made at least a dozen posts in this thread explaining to you exactly why you're wrong and you're still dumb enough to think that you're right. The definition of stupidity.
Ah, the voice of reason.....I better go home and re-take my IQ test. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom