AAC | Page 4 | The Boneyard

AAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
77c.jpg

I need more coffee to deal with these idiots...
The fact that you have more posts as a Memphis fan on a UConn board than most of our regulars do is the real facepalm here, besides uconngb's idiotic thread to begin with.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
The fact that you have more posts as a Memphis fan on a UConn board than most of our regulars do is the real facepalm here, besides uconngb's idiotic thread to begin with.

You should see my 33,000+ posts on the Memphis board.

Reaction Score
Cool, we have never had this thread before, glad we are exploring new topics around here.

Hey, did you guys hear that Purvis was compared to a Ferrari, crazy right? Let's touch on that subject too!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
In summation:

I am he as you are he as you are me
And we are all together
See how they run like pigs from a gun
See how PN fly
I'm crying!

Reaction Score
This conference is an abomination compared to the old big east. How do the players get up for conference games in the middle of Texas or Oklahoma? I don't think I would be at my best making all of these mid week trips from Connecticut if I was playing. I just remember last year our Texas trip losing to Houston and SMU. I don't remember those games being particularly close at all. How does a team that can't beat Houston or SMU on the road win the national title? It's simple...games at SMU and Houston don't really matter. It's a waste of our time. We can be good enough to win it all but still not be able to win those games. The players and coaches are clearly not at their best in front of these half empty arenas over 2k miles away against teams we have no history with. We play all these unwinnable games that prove nothing about how good or bad of a team we are. This is why this conference is a terrible fit for us. We have no business making all of these road trips west of the Mississippi.
The more it is apparent how bad of a fit this conference is for us, the more it will hurt our recruiting. We need out ASAP.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I see UConn fall to teams like SMU, Houston, Tulsa, Memphis, etc...and I wonder where the arrogance comes from...congrats on your titles, but UConn is not 'above' the AAC and the record shows as much.
I'd like to go to a memphis home game when they play uconn and see that lone final four banner from the days with calipari... Oh wait...

Reaction Score
Everyone has to calm down! We are at the infancy of the conference. How would peoples's preception of this conference change if some of SMU, Temple, Tulsa, Cincy or UCONN (hopefully) go deep into the tourney? I know we have weak teams in the bottom of the conference but what conference doesn't? These weaker teams will start recruiting better when they have a UCONN, Memphis, Cincy in there league. In turn the conference will overall become stronger. It is a selling point. I believe we give this conference and couple more years and see what happens

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
I'd like to go to a memphis home game when they play uconn and see that lone final four banner from the days with calipari... Oh wait...

70's - Gene Bartow lead Memphis to an NCAA Runner Up appearance with Larry Finch and Ronnie Robinson.

80's - Dana Kirk lead Memphis to 3 Sweet 16's and a Final Four with Keith Lee.

90's - Larry Finch took Memphis to an Elite Eight and a Sweet 16 with Penny Hardaway and Elliot Perry.

2000's - you guys know about Calipari's 4 year run at Memphis.

Memphis is NOT a blue blood (UConn is)...but we're also no 'one hit wonder' as we have over 40 years of sustained success.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
70's - Gene Bartow lead Memphis to an NCAA Runner Up appearance with Larry Finch and Ronnie Robinson.

80's - Dana Kirk lead Memphis to 3 Sweet 16's and a Final Four with Keith Lee.

90's - Larry Finch took Memphis to an Elite Eight and a Sweet 16 with Penny Hardaway and Elliot Perry.

2000's - you guys know about Calipari's 4 year run at Memphis.

Memphis is NOT a blue blood (UConn is)...but we're also no 'one hit wonder' as we have over 40 years of sustained success.
I agree, Memphis is no slouch. They have a much much better history of success than a lot of the members of our old conference, specifically, PC, Hall, Depaul, St. Johns.

Reaction Score
I say the aac will get better as long as nobody leaves it. According to 24/7 there are 6 teams in the top 48 classes for 2015.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

You'll see a Final Four banner from 1973.

There'll be two empty spaces where they tried to hang a couple of other banners, but were told to take them down because, well, cheating.

Reaction Score
I say the aac will get better as long as nobody leaves it. According to 24/7 there are 6 teams in the top 48 classes for 2015.
Agreed, 7 in the top 51 as well.

That is more than the BE, Big 12, SEC and as many as the ACC and PAC 12.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You'll see a Final Four banner from 1973.

There'll be two empty spaces where they tried to hang a couple of other banners, but were told to take them down because, well, cheating.
LOL.

I want to see some more empty spaces created. But not from Memphis. My list is Cuse, North Carolina and the current slime program Kensucky. I'm not holding my breath on any of them but that is my preference.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
LOL.

I want to see some more empty spaces created. But not from Memphis. My list is Cuse, North Carolina and the current slime program Kensucky. I'm not holding my breath on any of them but that is my preference.

I can't imagine that Syracuse and North Carolina won't lose some laundry from their rafters. Maybe Syracuse escapes, but if North Carolina does, it should be all torches and pitchforks at the NCAA offices.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
I can't imagine that Syracuse and North Carolina won't lose some laundry from their rafters. Maybe Syracuse escapes, but if North Carolina does, it should be all torches and pitchforks at the NCAA offices.
Calling it now, $50 says both Syracuse and UNC have heard their last words from the NCAA. Cuse will be allowed to keep its current year self-imposed ban with nothing added on by the NCAA. And as for UNC, well that issue has already been forgotten about thanks to the folks in the media who never really even touched the subject to begin with, and the NCAA has already moved on from them as well.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Calling it now, $50 says both Syracuse and UNC have heard their last words from the NCAA. Cuse will be allowed to keep its current year self-imposed ban with nothing added on by the NCAA. And as for UNC, well that issue has already been forgotten about thanks to the folks in the media who never really even touched the subject to begin with, and the NCAA has already moved on from them as well.

I think UNC is in deep trouble - you will definitely hear something about that down the road.

As for Syracuse...there's something going on.

Syracuse tried to play the victim last week by having their media peeps leak stories about how long the decision is taking, how long the investigation took, etc.

But it was an adversarial proceeding - Syracuse fought and delayed and fought and delayed. They haven't been cooperative and they've appealed when they were able...

So I am sure they know what they're facing and they've fought hard to delay and mitigate it - my expectation is that they will be hit with additional sanctions and the NCAA will release an ugly report to accompany them.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
I think UNC is in deep trouble - you will definitely hear something about that down the road.

As for Syracuse...there's something going on.

Syracuse tried to play the victim last week by having their media peeps leak stories about how long the decision is taking, how long the investigation took, etc.

But it was an adversarial proceeding - Syracuse fought and delayed and fought and delayed. They haven't been cooperative and they've appealed when they were able...

So I am sure they know what they're facing and they've fought hard to delay and mitigate it - my expectation is that they will be hit with additional sanctions and the NCAA will release an ugly report to accompany them.
I hope your right Fish...

Reaction Score
I agree with you that history seems to imply Cuse and UNC just getting a slap on the wrist, but the delay in the Cuse ruling has me thinking something more is coming down.

But that could definitely be wishful thinking.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
I agree with you that history seems to imply Cuse and UNC just getting a slap on the wrist, but the delay in the Cuse ruling has me thinking something more is coming down.

But that could definitely be wishful thinking.
Ive just assumed, and to a degree accepted, that the delay is simply because the issue is done with. The NCAA accepted the deal and since Cuse is a private school no one really has any access to whats going on. The delay says to me its done and over with, we are moving on to the next thing, the NCAA isnt going to have a press conference saying "the Syracuse case is closed", they just wont comment on it at all.

Reaction Score

Me too. I've been on this soapbox a lot but it seems UNC is going to get let off easy here. The media has almost tried to create a sympathetic environment with the recent pastings of Stuart Scott and Dean Smith. Two very big losses for society but in a strange way seems to have softened the blow of their egregious academic issue. It will be a shocking commentary on the NCAA if they're relatively unscathed.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Remember when Memphis used to steamroll their conference schedule and do nothing in the NCAA's? I bet they long for those days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom