A lot of UConn 'fans' should be ashamed of themselves | Page 10 | The Boneyard

A lot of UConn 'fans' should be ashamed of themselves

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Everyone is aware of every excuse. We got em.
People would rather pay $50 to go to Duke/Syracuse or Syracuse/UConn then pay $5 to go see UConn/ECU.

I don't think that's an excuse.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

LOL I'll say it nicer next time to avoid hurting anyone's delicate sensibilities.

Hopefully you now are consistent and call out every time someone is critical of the coaches and players with mean words.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
People would rather pay $50 to go to Duke/Syracuse or Syracuse/UConn then pay $5 to go see UConn/ECU.

I don't think that's an excuse.

The conference being below people is an excuse. It's up to people to decide if it's a valid excuse - but it's the definition of an excuse.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
you call it an excuse, I call it a fact. The program plays a boring schedule. They weren't that good this year. Facts.

The team isn't good enough to support in person is an excuse. Valid in many's opinion but an excuse.

Reaction Score
The conference being below people is an excuse. It's up to people to decide if it's a valid excuse - but it's the definition of an excuse.
the conference is integral to the overall product.

Reaction Score
The team isn't good enough to support in person is an excuse. Valid in many's opinion but an excuse.
you're naive if you think people will come out in force to support a marginal team in a travesty of a conference.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
So money or price of tickets has nothing to do with poor attendance?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
the conference is integral to the overall product.

So the product is beneath you but you still feel the need to defend that opinion to a 'garbage person'.

Somehow this isn't an excuse - even though your position seems to be a different conference is worthy of your attendance. Because it's where you draw the line it's a 'fact' and not an excuse.

Makes a ton of sense.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
It's easier to draw vs. Duke, UNC, and Notre Dame than ECU, Tulsa, and Tulane.

Now who has the reading comprehension issues?

I took the average BEFORE almost all ACC games.

Here is the Murderers row lineup that averaged 21000:

Colgate
Holy Cross
Monmouth
South Carolina State
North Florida
Boston University
Georgetown
St Johns
Cornell
Miami
Pitt

You have been wrong so much in this thread its getting kinda funny

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
you're naive if you think people will come out in force to support a marginal team in a travesty of a conference.

What makes you think that I think our garbage fanbase is ever going to do anything as pathetic as attending their team's games?

Reaction Score
So the product is beneath you but you still feel the need to defend that opinion to a 'garbage person'.

Somehow this isn't an excuse - even though your position seems to be a different conference is worthy of your attendance. Because it's where you draw the line it's a 'fact' and not an excuse.

Makes a ton of sense.
I attend regardless - but I understand why the fan-base is dropping off, and will continue to do so. Not sure why you can't grasp this.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Do you guys not realize that by defining the word 'fan' as:

'I am a fan if the following conditions are met':

Is proving my OP?

August_West

Reaction Score
I attend regardless - but I understand why the fan-base is dropping off, and will continue to do so. Not sure why you can't grasp this.

You also understand that doing that will help perpetuate a negative self-fulfilling prophecy, right? Not ALL to blame for it, but a component of it.

As long as people understand that, Im good.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Nobody said you were garbage. But keep sticking with that.

Reaction Score
You also understand that doing that will help perpetuate a negative self-fulfilling prophecy, right? Not ALL to blame for it, but a component of it.

As long as people understand that, Im good.
Let me get this straight: Since I can see why the fan base is dropping off in interest levels (conference), I am responsible for a negative self-fulfilling prophecy? Even though I buy season tickets and attend (and went to 2 sessions of the conf tournament)? Rigggghhhttttt...............

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Now who has the reading comprehension issues?

I took the average BEFORE almost all ACC games.

Here is the Murderers row lineup that averaged 21000:

Colgate
Holy Cross
Monmouth
South Carolina State
North Florida
Boston University
Georgetown
St Johns
Cornell
Miami
Pitt

You have been wrong so much in this thread its getting kinda funny
My bad didn't read closely enough. But let me counter.

Syracuse using your data filled 59% of its arena for those games.

UConn, before 2017, filled 68% at the XL Center and 79% at Gampel. Do we have a more loyal fan base than Syracuse? We were able to fill more of our seats. I left out school population but you could probably add that in somehow. Schedule strength is comparable I would say. Uninteresting opponents.

August_West

Reaction Score
Let me get this straight: Since I can see why the fan base is dropping off in interest levels (conference), I am responsible for a negative self-fulfilling prophecy? Even though I buy season tickets and attend (and went to 2 sessions of the conf tournament)? Rigggghhhttttt.....

Again.

Why are people taking "fan base" as personal. I dont care what your personal reasoning is. I really dont. I care what our fan base as a whole does.

August_West

Reaction Score

its a problem too. Absolutely. But again. I point you to the paragon of Basketball success, Syracuse.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom