A lot of UConn 'fans' should be ashamed of themselves | The Boneyard

A lot of UConn 'fans' should be ashamed of themselves

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
How spoiled is your fanbase when:

A. You host the conference tournament
B. You can buy all session tickets for $10 in decent seats

And still people are too good to show up?

The last three days were shameful for a fanbase who claims to be worthy of a P5 invite.

The posts here are the best in this context:

A: Tickets are too expensive
B: The suits don't show up
C: I can't get good seats

If you have ever made any of those three comments - you should shut up forever.

Kudos to those who showed up and kudos to the team today for fighting their rear ends off with a short roster and a bad whistle.

The Purvis chant was one of the nicer moments in program history (I'm 43 so I've got some context).

I'm sure everyone has their excuse - I hope you found an illegal stream to follow along instead of actually putting a little money where your boneyard mouths go.

Reaction Score

The last three days were shameful for a fanbase who claims to be worthy of a P5 invite.

Kudos to those who showed up and kudos to the team today for fighting their rear ends off with a short roster and a bad whistle.

The Purvis chant was one of the nicer moments in program history (I'm 43 so I've got some context).

I'm sure everyone has their excuse - I hope you found an illegal stream to follow along instead of actually putting a little money where your boneyard mouths go.
Stupidity.

Reaction Score
No it means it looks like we're a few years away from a few hundred fans showing up to games.
A few hundred? Really? From 8000 to a few hundred in a few years. People say ridiculous things

Reaction Score

Ya'll getting off the soapbox now?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Ya'll getting off the soapbox now?

I'm one person so I'm not 'ya'll'.

We are supposed to have a great fanbase - sorry for pointing out the evidence shows differently.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Do you just sit around and think of things to feel irritated about?

Nope what I do is read years and years of posts from supposed fans. Then I notice many of these people are full of crap and I like to point that out.

Reaction Score
I'm one person so I'm not 'ya'll'.

We are supposed to have a great fanbase - sorry for pointing out the evidence shows differently.
Connecticut is a bandwagon fan base always has been always will be, going back to The Whalers.
I went to the USF game it was the only one I could make.
Not enough people have our passion.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Shame is overrated.
Actually, it's unhealthy.
I can empathize with your upset though.

Reaction Score
Agree heavily with this, was in section 115 row G people behind me and my +3 were complaining we never sat down the second half. I asked if they actually cared if we made the NCAA tournament as was told to stfu. Very surprised that some people seemed to not care our postseason hopes were on the line.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Agree that 8,000 was disappointing to say the least but also feel that the AAC did a terrible job of selling tickets.

Always someone to blame. $10 all session tickets are a big nut to crack.

Reaction Score
Always someone to blame. $10 all session tickets are a big nut to crack.

I am wondering where these $10 tickets are. When we went to the box office at the start of SMU-UCF we we're told, $70, $90, and $110 available.

Also, there are consequences to going 15-16 in the regular season and having a bad year. Depressed attendance is one of them.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I am wondering where these $10 tickets are. When we went to the box office at the start of SMU-UCF we we're told, $70, $90, and $110 available.

Also, there are consequences to going 15-16 in the regular season and having a bad year. Depressed attendance is one of them.

They were available for a week before the tournament for all sessions. There are at least three threads on this board about it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Is the perception that we have a great fan base? It shouldnt be. We are no different than 98% of the rest of universities, though. The majority of P5 teams don't get "P5" turnouts when the team is garbage.

It's something a lot of people here claim.

Reaction Score
They were available for a week before the tournament for all sessions. There are at least three threads on this board about it.
Godawful, and I mean GODAWFUL, conference. Poor record this year. Limped to the end of the regular season. I'm not sure what you expected.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom