A lot of UConn 'fans' should be ashamed of themselves | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A lot of UConn 'fans' should be ashamed of themselves

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
They were available for a week before the tournament for all sessions. There are at least three threads on this board about it.
Not many people besides me thought they would win at least 2 games so you have to keep that in mind. Not many people thought we would make it to Saturday.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Godawful, and I mean GODAWFUL, conference. Poor record this year. Limped to the end of the regular season. I'm not sure what you expected.

I got what I expected.

I just like to point out what a pathetic hypocritical fanbase we have.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
are we taking into account that this wasnt actually a uconn home game and a tournament event with 10 other teams and fanbases that had their own allotments of tickets which may or may not have been sold to their fans who are still holding onto them or chose not the sell them before returning home?

If none of the above is the case or played the role then I agree. With all that was to be gained by that win, the place should have been packed to the gills. The whole upper bowl was essentially empty. The announcers were saying how if the huskies win today tomorrows game should be a packed house, well tonight's game was the one to show up for.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
True facts: I paid 28.50 for two all session passes on Monday. If you live within an hour of Hartford and have 30 dollars I'm not sure what excuse you have for not showing up. P
On Thursday and Friday afternoon sessions, a job would be a pretty legitimiate excuse. The night sessions, not so much.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not many people besides me thought they would win at least 2 games so you have to keep that in mind. Not many people thought we would make it to Saturday.

I can see why spending $10 for 2 games with a chance for 3-4 would scare people off.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
are we taking into account that this wasnt actually a uconn home game and a tournament event with 10 other teams and fanbases that had their own allotments of tickets which may or may not have been sold to their fans who are still holding onto them or chose not the sell them before returning home?

If none of the above is the case or played the role then I agree. With all that was to be gained by that win, the place should have been packed to the gills. The whole upper bowl was essentially empty. The announcers were saying how if the huskies win today tomorrows game should be a packed house, well tonight's game was the one to show up for.

What in the world are you talking about?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
On Thursday and Friday afternoon sessions, a job would be a pretty legitimiate excuse. The night sessions, not so much.
You work pretty late huh if you can't make 8pm and 9pm and 5pm on Saturday. Retail with a UConn degree and loans? Rough life. Save the 30 bucks for a warm blanket.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Like it or not, a lot of fans (especially fair weather ones) gave up on the season a while ago. I predict the truly devoted fan base will grow going forward and those empty seats will be filled. I wish we would get sell-outs or near sell-outs in good seasons and bad but I suppose it's human nature to be enthusiastic when things are going well and unenthusiastic when they aren't.

Reaction Score
I got what I expected.

Ya'll want to sing the virtues of the AAC, go right ahead.

Reaction Score
UConn does not control the pricing as AD Benedict made clear in a tweet earlier today. That's a discussion that needs to be had with the American Athletic Conference. Ridiculous how you have the women tournament for 25 each at FV and then you have pricing for games like tomorrow at 110 + fees. That is insane, luckily I will be watching SMU/Cincinnati at a value of $17 each because I took a risk of getting tickets days earlier.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Ya'll want to sing the virtues of the AAC, go right ahead.

I sing the virtues of UConn playing their a s s e s off. Glad you are too good for that.

Cincinnati is such a terrible opponent. They were totally NOT IN THE BIG EAST.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you are too good for the AAC - why in the hell would you spend time posting on the Boneyard?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Mr Soapbox, I went to the USF and Houston games. I had family obligations today. Get off your high horse. The AAC is a mid-major shyteshow.

Well then I'm obviously not talking about you.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
What in the world are you talking about?
What am I talking about?

Our fans may not have been able to buy tickets that someone else already owns... What is so hard to understand about that?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What am I talking about?

Our fans may not have been able to buy tickets that someone else already owns... What is so hard to understand about that?

Yeah - that wasn't an issue. The other 8 schools outside of SMU and Cincinnati didn't bring 500 people combined.

It's doubtful that ECU, Memphis or USF had a fan that wasn't a family member.

Maybe Temple fans bought every second level ticket above row F and them took them home as mementos - but that seems unlikely.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I got what I expected.

You really think that the problem is that people from the boneyard aren't showing up in high enough numbers? pretty sure the BY isn't going to fill the XL

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You really think that the problem is that people from the boneyard aren't showing up in high enough numbers? pretty sure the BY isn't going to fill the XL

Yeah I guess I'm bad at math - I thought for sure the Boneyard could fill the place up.

Thanks for straightening that out.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Yeah - that wasn't an issue. The other 8 schools outside of SMU and Cincinnati didn't bring 500 people combined.

It's doubtful that ECU, Memphis or USF had a fan that wasn't a family member.

Maybe Temple fans bought every second level ticket above row F and them took them home as mementos - but that seems unlikely.
do you have numbers to prove that?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom