6'5 Grad Transfer Mark Alstork | Page 4 | The Boneyard

6'5 Grad Transfer Mark Alstork

Reaction Score
How is it embarrassing? I don't get the expectations, kid may hardly even know who UConn is and has other ideas but because we're UConn he's going to drop everything and say WOW? It wasn't like that with reruits when JC was here it's not like every kid who leaves somewhere else has to think of UConn, how desperate are we as fans?
Hate to break it to you Mau but yes we are getting kind of desparate.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
None taken. We are all frustrated for sure, looking for the sun to come out, soon!

Fishy on the other hand...:mad:

Don't make me come find you.

It won't be hard.

(I'll start at the bars within five miles of your house and work my way in..)

Reaction Score
I'm of the opinion that Oz's presence as an overt, obvious "insider" was a symptom of a level of programmatic dysfunction/unprofessionalism. I'm glad somebody's put a leash on him, and hope it stays on him.

That is not to say that Oz is a bad dude, or that KO can't steady this ship. But KO's got to run this like a CEO, not a salesman, and that means tightening $&*! up.

It's a learning process. Hopefully what we've seen in the last month will provide some forward momentum in the long run.
Calipari is a salesman who sells. Whatever Ollie is trying to sell lately isn't working at all.

Reaction Score
Don't make me come find you.

It won't be hard.

(I'll start at the bars within five miles of your house and work my way in..)

That would be a strategic start to your journey. Good news for you is I will stay at the one's serving Red Stripes, a cold one may be required for your throat after all ;)

(must admit still baffled?) but who cares!

C

Chief00

Yeah Oz' credibility has taken a massive hit the past two weeks.

He acted pretty shamefully and like a complete buffoon on tos for about a week and a half.

Went on a posting rampage for a few days and sounded like a lunatic. Said nobody else was leaving and then 3 guys left. Ripped Miller Durham and Steve. Attacking posters left and right telling one to kill himself. Made it seem like the staff had it all under control, forced everyone out, and had big plans in the works, which is clearly total bs at this point. And he has since completely disappeared and hast been seen in a while.

I understand he wants to defend his boy KO. But he took it about 10 steps too far.

As big a fall from grace as you can have on an internet fan page. Goes from being possibly the top "insider" who seemed to have the best info/pulse on our recruiting. And now, at least in my opinion, he resembles a petulant five year old who is in complete denial.

I sure hope he can redeem himself though, and his Alstork rumors are proven true. Crazy times for the huskies program.
Diallo was Oz's Waterloo!

Reaction Score
Diallo was Oz's Waterloo!

He was certainly over confident and ended up being wrong there also.

It brings up an interesting question. If Oz has been wrong about so much lately, then what does that say about KO?

Oz apparently was blindsided by a number of defections and the reasoning's behind them. And if hes getting his info from KO, then I don't think its too much of a jump to conclude that KO must have been also.

It's not a good look for our head coach to have no idea that 2 or 3 future key players are disgruntled and either thinking of leaving or have one foot out the door. He certainly didn't have a very good pulse on this team. You would think that some of this dissatisfaction would have come up at some point this season.

How the heck could KO have no idea about any of this?

Reaction Score

It brings up an interesting question. If Oz has been wrong about so much lately, then what does that say about KO?

Oz apparently was blindsided by a number of defections and the reasoning's behind them. And if hes getting his info from KO, then I don't think its too much of a jump to conclude that KO must have been also.

It's not a good look for our head coach to have no idea that 2 or 3 future key players are disgruntled and either thinking of leaving or have one foot out the door. He certainly didn't have a very good pulse on this team. You would think that some of this dissatisfaction would have come up at some point this season.

How do you know that he knew that you knew that he didn't know?

Reaction Score

We haven't said it much, because we've been desperate as fans for good news and have been caught up in the horse race, but....

Recruiting is fluid.

Transfer decisions after bad seasons seem pretty fluid, too, now that I think about it.

Reaction Score

With all due respect, this kind of post takes so many imaginative leaps, you started in Waterbury and ended up in Timbuktu.

Plus, this board is so hung up on Diallo it's ridiculous. Step out of ourselves for once and realize that the Diallo story is common. There are kids who were OVERTLY signalling in the press that they were absolute locks to attend a university, and then they flipped in the last second. It has happened to Ohio State, Alabama, Michigan, LSU, Penn State. It is common. Granted, my examples are from football, but I can't even begin to tell you the level of certitude expressed by longstanding recruitniks who are usually (and for the most part) mostly mum. I don't think Oz is even in the same universe reputation-wise as some of the people (at the best schools) who have been burned in the past.

Reaction Score
With all due respect, this kind of post takes so many imaginative leaps, you started in Waterbury and ended up in Timbuktu.

Plus, this board is so hung up on Diallo it's ridiculous. Step out of ourselves for once and realize that the Diallo story is common. There are kids who were OVERTLY signalling in the press that they were absolute locks to attend a university, and then they flipped in the last second. It has happened to Ohio State, Alabama, Michigan, LSU, Penn State. It is common. Granted, my examples are from football, but I can't even begin to tell you the level of certitude expressed by longstanding recruitniks who are usually (and for the most part) mostly mum. I don't think Oz is even in the same universe reputation-wise as some of the people (at the best schools) who have been burned in the past.
Don't know what you mean by "the best schools" and any recruitniks are only as good as their sources. OZ's source is/was Ollie, he showed over time he was getting info directly from the horses mouth. It's pretty safe to say Ollie was blindsided by Diallo and by half the team leaving.

Reaction Score
Don't know what you mean by "the best schools" and any recruitniks are only as good as their sources. OZ's source is/was Ollie, he showed over time he was getting info directly from the horses mouth. It's pretty safe to say Ollie was blindsided by Diallo and by half the team leaving.

I listed the best schools. How could you not know?

I'm saying the leaps that are being made, that one day Ollie woke up and practically read this in the morning news, it's preposterous. You're talking about Oz, not Ollie there.

You think that coaches with transfers are being blindsided all over America? Hell, people called Vance Jackson's transfer months ago. It surprised nobody. Nobody was blindsided on that one. I hope.

The Diallo thing happens. It is common. Kids make assurances, and then they are gone. Elsewhere.

Reaction Score
I listed the best schools. How could you not know?

I'm saying the leaps that are being made, that one day Ollie woke up and practically read this in the morning news, it's preposterous. You're talking about Oz, not Ollie there.

You think that coaches with transfers are being blindsided all over America? Hell, people called Vance Jackson's transfer months ago. It surprised nobody. Nobody was blindsided on that one. I hope.

The Diallo thing happens. It is common. Kids make assurances, and then they are gone. Elsewhere.
Vance wasn't surprising. Enoch and Durham blindsided Ollie, as did MAL. It's pretty damn rare to see a team lose half their healthy roster with gobs of playing time available for the taking, don't think I've ever seen it before. If you think Ollie had a good handle on what was going on with his team you haven't been paying attention.

Reaction Score

Does it really though? More like Waterbury to Danbury. As superjohn said, and is well known, Oz' source has been KO himself. When the info was good we all loved it.

Now that Oz is way off, it must be him alone and not have anything to do with KO?

I suppose its possible that Oz came to those conclusions himself, but I doubt it. If he had no idea that anyone was leaving, then he probably arrived at that conclusion because KO told him that.

Diallo was in response to Chief's comment and doesnt really have much to do with my argument. It was just another data point. Regarding that, I'm not surprised at all that we got beat out by KY there. Cant blame him at all for that decision and I'm not drawing any conclusions on our program/staff/recruiting outlook based on that.

The point was, Oz has been way off a number of times lately. And considering where he gets his info......

Reaction Score
Does it really though? More like Waterbury to Danbury. As superjohn said, and is well known, Oz' source has been KO himself. When the info was good we all loved it.

Now that Oz is way off, it must be him alone and not have anything to do with KO?

I suppose its possible that Oz came to those conclusions himself, but I doubt it. If he had no idea that anyone was leaving, then he probably arrived at that conclusion because KO told him that.

Diallo was in response to Chief's comment and doesnt really have much to do with my argument. It was just another data point. Regarding that, I'm not surprised at all that we got beat out by KY there. Cant blame him at all for that decision and I'm not drawing any conclusions on our program/staff/recruiting outlook based on that.

The point was, Oz has been way off a number of times lately. And considering where he gets his info.

Huge leaps.

Reaction Score
Vance wasn't surprising. Enoch and Durham blindsided Ollie, as did MAL. It's pretty damn rare to see a team lose half their healthy roster with gobs of playing time available for the taking, don't think I've ever seen it before. If you think Ollie had a good handle on what was going on with his team you haven't been paying attention.

Transfers transfer. The word "blindsided" means Ollie has no idea what is going on.

As for Durham, you're presenting just one of the rumored stories.

Reaction Score
Huge leaps.

Transfers transfer. The word "blindsided" means Ollie has no idea what is going on.

As for Durham, you're presenting just one of the rumored stories.

Instead of repeating it, why don't you explain how I took "huge leaps". Oz gets his info directly from KO. He repeated over and over on TOS that "nobody else is leaving". Logical conclusion being that KO told him so.

Oz didn't see any of this coming. So it must be a "huge leap" to assume KO didn't either? Gimme a break.

Second, what has the coaching staff done since their departures to indicate that they had any sort of plan in place for any of this? If they had any plan at all, then yes it would seem like we saw some of this coming. So far, I've seen nothing to indicate this is the case.

Jalen Adams today said, "I thought they all loved it here, so they all kind of surprised me".

If KO saw this coming, don't you think he might have discussed some of this with his best player?

Nobody knows at this point. Everyone is making assumptions. But it would appear to me that the assumptions I am making are at least supported by evidence.

Support your argument that KO saw this coming. Right now your argument is basically just, "well you cant prove that he didnt".

Reaction Score
Instead of repeating it, why don't you explain how I took "huge leaps". Oz gets his info directly from KO. He repeated over and over on TOS that "nobody else is leaving". Logical conclusion being that KO told him so.

Support your argument that KO saw this coming.

Oz gets his info directly from KO.!!!!!!

This is your huge leap right there.

Furthermore, Oz was saying no one else is transferring while more than 5 people on this very board were saying that more people will be transferring. Heck, Joe D. was saying it while Oz was denying it.

Do you honestly believe that Boneyarders know more about the team than Kevin Ollie?>>>>>

As for "Support your argument that KO saw this coming...." -- I never made the argument. I said blindsided = KO has no idea what is going on. You can have transfers and also have an inkling that they are probably happening. I mean, people here knew, with at least on player we were commenting on it DURING the season, while the thread was cut off per board rules. Second, people here were talking about these things for WEEKS while Oz was saying it wasn't happening. Come'on, let's be serious. About Oz, about Kevin Ollie, etc.

Reaction Score
Oz gets his info directly from KO.!!!!!!

This is your huge leap right there.

Furthermore, Oz was saying no one else is transferring while more than 5 people on this very board were saying that more people will be transferring. Heck, Joe D. was saying it while Oz was denying it.

Do you honestly believe that Boneyarders know more about the team than Kevin Ollie?>>>>>

As for "Support your argument that KO saw this coming...." -- I never made the argument. I said blindsided = KO has no idea what is going on. You can have transfers and also have an inkling that they are probably happening. I mean, people here knew, with at least on player we were commenting on it DURING the season, while the thread was cut off per board rules. Second, people here were talking about these things for WEEKS while Oz was saying it wasn't happening. Come'on, let's be serious. About Oz, about Kevin Ollie, etc.

I mean, its known that Oz gets his info directly from KO, so I don't really know why you are considering that a huge leap. But you do, and its clear that I wont change your mind, so I will drop it as this wont go anywhere.

Continue to believe whatever you want. Go Huskies.

Reaction Score
Calipari is a salesman who sells. Whatever Ollie is trying to sell lately isn't working at all.
Funny, I always thought the squid was a buyer. And as I was reminded in his 30 for 30, a standardized test taker.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
The belief that Oz got his info from KO could have been true, but that could also change or perhaps has changed already. It is hard to believe that KO would not have heard about Oz, at least by now. I have no idea whatsoever, but it seems like his source could dry up real fast.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
IMHO KO got blindsided by only one of them - JD - who screwed KO and the program
I don't care what this Oz character says or does - nobody knows everything that KO thinks, says or does
I'm sure KO didn't kick these kids out but after laying it on the line during the post season 1on1s, he probably had a feel for SE and along with many of us, felt VJ was leaving as early as December
If they don't want to play within the system, do what is asked, work hard on deficiencies or plainly just wants out, good riddance

Reaction Score
Totally guessing here, but I would guess the staff/KO give OZ exactly what they want to give him in most cases.
Edited to add: There are sometimes good reasons and a lot of thought behind "leaks". And sometimes there aren't.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom