6'5 Grad Transfer Mark Alstork | The Boneyard

6'5 Grad Transfer Mark Alstork

Reaction Score
IMG_8489.PNG

Mark Alstork College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Good shooting numbers at a ridiculous 34.6% usage rate. Would be a solution at the 3 spot. Think Damion Lee at Louisville.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This guy looks good. Nice all around game. Mature player.
AntG168, thanks for the film.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
He's not a 2 year player but he may be better than Johnson. Hopefully one of hem ends up here, we need one.

Reaction Score
A 6'5" guy who can shoot, create his own shot & make tough shots? Me likey! It's been a while since we've had one of them. I'm guessing he will be in high demand. Wouldn't be surprised to see him to test the NBA waters without an agent. Would be a nice pick up if there is any traction here! Hopefully we are involved. :)

Reaction Score
He also said we aren't pursuing waters at all

At this point, I feel like there's only so much KO is willing to try to convince him. If he's this wishy washy and has so many stipulations for the the program he wants to go to, the staff must just want to move on... considering what happened this off-season and the disgruntled players we had. Can't have that again next year.

Reaction Score
Reading the tealeafs, This is happening if he can get into the graduate program. Depends on the GPA. Let's hope, he is the final piece in the 3 guard lineup up. Defends the 3 comfortably. If this takes place n williams makes it here. I am only looking for a shot blocking big

Reaction Score
Reading the tealeafs, This is happening if he can get into the graduate program. Depends on the GPA. Let's hope, he is the final piece in the 3 guard lineup up. Defends the 3 comfortably. If this takes place n williams makes it here. I am only looking for a shot blocking big
Hope you're right, but that's definitely a leap of faith. Looks like Michigan may lead with him, but I doubt their grad programs are any less strict than UConn.

Reaction Score
Curious as to what tealeafs you are reading? This is the first that I have heard of us pursuing

Reaction Score
Good heady player who has great upper body strength and moves. Kind of an old school player that really can shoot it from deep. Not blazing fast but a decent athlete. Love that he is 6'5" as we need a big guard to go with our 3 guard offense.

Reaction Score
Curious as to what tealeafs you are reading? This is the first that I have heard of us pursuing
Well according to OZ. We have been in contacts for over one wk and he is submitting a transcript to our graduate program. This is big, post grad recruiting r different. Most players take one or two visits and then committ. They r not 18 y/o high school students.

Reaction Score
Good heady player who has great upper body strength and moves. Kind of an old school player that really can shoot it from deep. Not blazing fast but a decent athlete. Love that he is 6'5" as we need a big guard to go with our 3 guard offense.
I like the idea of this happening. When need a proven shot maker

Reaction Score
I like the idea of this happening. When need a proven shot maker
Yeah, and did you see how far he was making 3's? He has some crazy deep range. I think Cam is a long shot so if we don't get him I would be fine with Alstork.

Reaction Score
Yeah, and did you see how far he was making 3's? He has some crazy deep range. I think Cam is a long shot so if we don't get him I would be fine with Alstork.
Id actually prefer alstork. Im not in the mood for any recruiting battles right now lol. Save that energy for 2018

Reaction Score
Id actually prefer alstork. Im not in the mood for any recruiting battles right now lol. Save that energy for 2018
I agree and with Anderson they would complement each other well. Anderson being the better defender and athlete while Alstork the better shooter and all around offensive player.

Reaction Score
Cool if he comes...perfect back up 3 fills the void left by Vance's 3 point shooting

Reaction Score
Cool if he comes...perfect back up 3 fills the void left by Vance's 3 point shooting
yes it would be nice don't you guys think we need a strong scoring power forward like Gary Clark type at Cincy

Reaction Score
yes it would be nice don't you guys think we need a strong scoring power forward like Gary Clark type at Cincy

If they land Alstork, we are going to a 3 guard offense no doubt.

Larrier and Diarra (the one already on the team) hold down PF together with Polley.

Carlton and Cobb at center. Maybe with the other Diarra.

Gilbert 30 minutes
Adams 34 minutes
Vital 24 minutes
Anderson 12 minutes
Alstork 20 minutes
Larrier 30 minutes
Diarra Mama. 10 minutes
Polley 10 minutes
Carlton/Cobb 30 minutes

Reaction Score
He looks legit on the video. Actually has a similar game to Purvis would probably fir in nicely and give us some needed scoring punch to take the pressure off Adams - in fact with Adams, Larrier, Gilbert and this guy on the floor together and someone serviceable in the middle that's a tough lineup to defend. Larrier did some nice work from the high post last year, feeding him and letting him go or draw and kick to 3 legit options would be sight for sore eyes. :D!

Reaction Score
If they land Alstork, we are going to a 3 guard offense no doubt.

Larrier and Diarra (the one already on the team) hold down PF together with Polley.

Carlton and Cobb at center. Maybe with the other Diarra.

Gilbert 30 minutes
Adams 34 minutes
Vital 24 minutes
Anderson 12 minutes
Alstork 20 minutes
Larrier 30 minutes
Diarra Mama. 10 minutes
Polley 10 minutes
Carlton/Cobb 30 minutes

With the scoring ability he has you have to assume Alstork will be on the floor longer then 20 minutes - also don't underestimate Polley he's silky smooth finishing on the break and a late riser who is much better now then his ranking when he signed. He will pleasantly surprise a lot of people - he's a keeper who will be a good player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom