6'5 Grad Transfer Mark Alstork | Page 3 | The Boneyard

6'5 Grad Transfer Mark Alstork

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
We've yet to be mentioned with him. Seems like another pipe dream at this point. Embarrassing

Reaction Score
We've yet to be mentioned with him. Seems like another pipe dream at this point. Embarrassing

Most of these grad transfers are going to be pipe dreams unless they grew up a UConn fan or are from the area. If you have one or two seasons left of eligibility, wouldn't you rather fill a hole on a contending team rather than be a one year stop gap on a severely underachieving team that's desperately trying to plug the dam for a year?

Reaction Score

How is it embarrassing? I don't get the expectations, kid may hardly even know who UConn is and has other ideas but because we're UConn he's going to drop everything and say WOW? It wasn't like that with reruits when JC was here it's not like every kid who leaves somewhere else has to think of UConn, how desperate are we as fans?

Reaction Score
Most of these grad transfers are going to be pipe dreams unless they grew up a UConn fan or are from the area. If you have one or two seasons left of eligibility, wouldn't you rather fill a hole on a contending team rather than be a one year stop gap on a severely underachieving team that's desperately trying to plug the dam for a year?

I prefer to look at it as a chance to play a lot for a team who could be very good if indeed you are as good as you or they think you are. People need to get over the fact they don't think we have a "5" and move on. This team can be good and contend to a point with some solid 1 or 2 year players. He's a lot closer to Pitt being at Wright state than New England, who knows who he liked when he grew up, Pitt was really good in the BE too.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
How is it embarrassing? I don't get the expectations, kid may hardly even know who UConn is and has other ideas but because we're UConn he's going to drop everything and say WOW? It wasn't like that with reruits when JC was here it's not like every kid who leaves somewhere else has to think of UConn, how desperate are we as fans?

Stop being an idiot.

You know what he means.

Reaction Score
Stop being an idiot.

You know what he means.

I'm not being an idiot so FO. I guess I don't know what he means and don't deserve your crappy reply.

I wasn't the only one thinking along the lines of what he meant. Enlighten me with what was actually on his mind?

Last edited:

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
You didn't even know who the dude was until this thread was made 3 days ago
He could be the next Sam Cassell for all I care, but to not get any traction when Stallings is... that's terrible. No two ways about it.

I'm usually an optimist, and I still think we can rebound this year, but clearly KO has let UConn's image take a major blow.

Reaction Score
Well the only person who even mentioned us with him was Oz, who seems to be less and less in the know with each passing prediction from him

Yeah Oz' credibility has taken a massive hit the past two weeks.

He acted pretty shamefully and like a complete buffoon on tos for about a week and a half.

Went on a posting rampage for a few days and sounded like a lunatic. Said nobody else was leaving and then 3 guys left. Ripped Miller Durham and Steve. Attacking posters left and right telling one to kill himself. Made it seem like the staff had it all under control, forced everyone out, and had big plans in the works, which is clearly total bs at this point. And he has since completely disappeared and hast been seen in a while.

I understand he wants to defend his boy KO. But he took it about 10 steps too far.

As big a fall from grace as you can have on an internet fan page. Goes from being possibly the top "insider" who seemed to have the best info/pulse on our recruiting. And now, at least in my opinion, he resembles a petulant five year old who is in complete denial.

I sure hope he can redeem himself though, and his Alstork rumors are proven true. Crazy times for the huskies program.

Reaction Score
He could be the next Sam Cassell for all I care, but to not get any traction when Stallings is... that's terrible. No two ways about it.

I'm usually an optimist, and I still think we can rebound this year, but clearly KO has let UConn's image take a major blow.
Again, you did not even know of this dude's existence until THREE BLEEPING DAYS AGO, THREE WHOLE BLEEPING DAYS. The unbearableness of some of you dudes is just mindblowing.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Again, you did not even know of this dude's existence until THREE BLEEPING DAYS AGO, THREE WHOLE BLEEPING DAYS. The unbearableness of some of you dudes is just mindblowing.
Do you still not understand that I meant that KO is having trouble out-recruiting Stallings, or should I say it one more time? I don't care about this player in particular.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Went on a posting rampage for a few days and sounded like a lunatic. Said nobody else was leaving and then 3 guys left. Ripped Miller Durham and Steve. Attacking posters left and right telling one to kill himself. Made it seem like the staff had it all under control, forced everyone out, and had big plans in the works, which is clearly total bs at this point. And he has since completely disappeared and hast been seen in a while.

I understand he wants to defend his boy KO. But he took it about 10 steps too far.

As big a fall from grace as you can have on an internet fan page.
I'm of the opinion that Oz's presence as an overt, obvious "insider" was a symptom of a level of programmatic dysfunction/unprofessionalism. I'm glad somebody's put a leash on him, and hope it stays on him.

That is not to say that Oz is a bad dude, or that KO can't steady this ship. But KO's got to run this like a CEO, not a salesman, and that means tightening $&*! up.

It's a learning process. Hopefully what we've seen in the last month will provide some forward momentum in the long run.

Reaction Score
Do you still not understand that I meant that KO is having trouble out-recruiting Stallings, or should I say it one more time? I don't care about this player in particular.

Say it at least one more time, no one's listening to you. If this guy said it's between Stallings and KO that would be one thing, but UConn hasn't been mentioned so who cares? Is it possible Stallings recruited him hard at Vanderbilt and lost a close one or the kid loved Pitt but when he came out wasn't good enough for Jamie? I mean think a little.

Reaction Score
They sky may not be falling, but I personally am not a fan of Steve Pikiell getting home visits over us, or (potentially) getting scorned for Ken Stallings, who has shown in the past 2 years alone that he can have a couple great players and still perform miserably.

Nobody here knows how hard Ollie has even chased Alstork at this point. The flip side is that we haven't heard that Ollie looks good with anyone in a long time. He's got his back against the wall for sure.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Is it possible Stallings recruited him hard at Vanderbilt and lost a close one or the kid loved Pitt but when he came out wasn't good enough for Jamie?.
Well he didn't recruit him at Vanderbilt so no, it's not possible in this case.

I'm done dragging this on, but imo KO will probably just need to prove he can win again before he gets back on his feet in the recruiting world.

Mau and aceboon, obviously I respect your opinions/no hard feelings

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I'm done dragging this on, but imo KO will probably just need to prove he can win again before he gets back on his feet in the recruiting world.

We agree, no doubter!

My point was we can't automatically think every kid leaving a Wright ST cares about UConn whether they won last year or not. But if he fails in a bad way the next month on all these guys then there will be concern and we all have reason.

Reaction Score

Mau and aceboon, obviously I respect your opinions/no hard feelings

None taken. We are all frustrated for sure, looking for the sun to come out, soon!

Fishy on the other hand...:mad:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Stop being an idiot.

You know what he means.

That's one real DB remark
I dont know what crawled up your arse lately Fishy but I hope you blow it out soon - you are becoming a real dolt

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
So UConn should be mentioned by every kid who transfers ??????????????????????
If that's what you think, your embarrassment finger is pointing in the wrong direction

Reaction Score

What is this based on? Based on the last several posts, I feel like I missed something that was posted and then erased.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
That's one real DB remark
I dont know what crawled up your arse lately Fishy but I hope you blow it out soon - you are becoming a real dolt
Irony

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom