2024 WNBA Season: Playoffs | Page 14 | The Boneyard

2024 WNBA Season: Playoffs

Reaction Score
My Lynx just could not close it out today. Ty Harris is a problem! Hopefully the Lynx step up and close things out Tuesday.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see how Cheryl Reeves schemes up for the final game of her semi. Minnesota fans need to be concerned about an offensively challenged Sun squad that put 92 on the Lynx hitting 53% from the field including three land. The Sun also have an intangible as they may not be able to bring the band back together next year. Game 5 is certainly going to be a blast watch.

Reaction Score
We get a deciding game 5 in the other series. Not even sure who I think will win that one. Do know this much--Collier will need more help. Only 2 starters in double figures, that doesn't cut it.
More to the point lack of defense didn't cut it.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Wow Vegas is just awful today. Nobody can hit a shot. Stewie and Ionescu pretty much beat them just between the two of them. Pretty pitiful way for the defending champs to bow out.

Gray, Young, and Plum were all All-World last year. They have been inconsistent this season. Even A'ja's superlative play wasn't enough for Vegas to make the finals.

Hammon has said or at least intimated that players were focused on other things this year and were not hungry enough.

Reaction Score
I guess Breanna Stewart, and the Liberty, haven't forgotten Becky's taunting words at the end of last season.
Oh well.

Still no idea who I want to see get to the finals between the Sun & Lynx. I guess the Lynx (with 2 UConn players). I'd love a matchup between Phee and Stewie again.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Dorka had been hurt for 3 or 4 games and is just back healthy again!
And Diamond Miller is still hurt and has missed at least 6 games!
I'm hoping CT can pull this 4th game out and go to a 5th winner-take-all game!
You got your wish! ;)

Reaction Score
I can't decide which team I want to see win. On the one hand, the Sun have my Gamecocks Tiffany Mitchell and Ty Harris but I enjoy watching the Lynx style of play more than the Sun.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I can't decide which team I want to see win. On the one hand, the Sun have my Gamecocks Tiffany Mitchell and Ty Harris but I enjoy watching the Lynx style of play more than the Sun.
Deciding games take on lives of their own due to the finality of it all. For me, that's good enough. :)

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
That's always been my problem with the modern iterations of the Sun. I respect 'em, but don't especially enjoy watching them. Defense may win championships (or at least get to championship series), but it ain't always the most fun to watch.

Reaction Score
Ok Confucius

....your response sounds like a fortune I'd find in a fortune cookie :p
Jimmy Fallon Yes GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Mission accomplished! :D

Reaction Score
I'd suggest just sitting back and watching what unfolds. Your instincts will take over the reveal the answer. ;)
In football, a former gf used to pull for both offenses. Defenses never stopped an offense. The offenses just failed to di=o their jobs.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see how Cheryl Reeves schemes up for the final game of her semi. Minnesota fans need to be concerned about an offensively challenged Sun squad that put 92 on the Lynx hitting 53% from the field including three land. The Sun also have an intangible as they may not be able to bring the band back together next year. Game 5 is certainly going to be a blast watch.
Should we? To be honest, Sun are decent and can put points on the board. Just like they can put points on the board, they can also not put points on the board. Both teams will be playing tight. Hopefully my Lynx are loose and carefree. Let's go, Lynx!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom