2024 WNBA Season: Playoffs | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2024 WNBA Season: Playoffs

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
If Clark says it was unintentional that’s good for the W. If Clark points a finger and says I think it was intentional, imagine the reaction. Most of us here have probably played competitive sports in our lifetimes. We know “stuff happens” when we are running, jumping, sliding, punching, tackling, grabbing etc. But everytime “something happens” the reaction shouldn’t be stuff happens. Sometimes you can look at the replay and ask yourself “does this pass the eye test?”
Yeah, what was Clark gonna say when asked about it? And obviously Carrington isn't going to say she did it on purpose. I've seen the replay. That is absolutely the most unnatural follow through I've ever seen. Everything about the positioning of her fingers and wrist is just wrong. I don't for a second believe it was an accident. And then Mabrey mockingly reenacting it on the sideline later on with Carrington and them both laughing doesn't help the cause. It was all caught on camera. I think it's pretty obvious what happened, for any that want to admit it.

Reaction Score
I wasn't surprised by the Mercury considering the personnel. The question was whether their talent could come together to steal a game and make it interesting. They almost achieved that in Game 1 after being down 23 points.

The Lynx, as good as they are defensively as a unit (the best in the league), are susceptible to uber athletic players who can generate scoring opportunities for themselves and/or for others. In other words, if your superstars are playing in concert, you can beat them because they do not have as many superstars as other contending teams. To me, their other superstar is the head coach and her uncanny ability of getting players to buy-in for the greater good. We'll have to see how that shakes out against a team that is as talented as the Mercury but far more disciplined.

There are a number of people on here who are adamant that the Liberty and Lynx (I think we all know why) will meet in the WNBA Finals and that neither Vegas (the two-time defending champs) nor Connecticut (who played in the Finals in 2022) have even the tiniest of shots, but I'm not one of them. I've repeatedly said that I would take "the field" over the Liberty winning the championship in 2024 and I do believe that the Sun, who actually won the season series against the Lynx and could've swept them, has a great chance of defeating the Lynx and returning to the WNBA Finals this year. The Marina Mabrey acquisition has not been discussed enough as a reason why the Sun could be dangerous moving forward.

If we do get that 2022 WNBA Finals rematch, I hope people tune in instead of complaining about who's missing.
i will only say the one time this season the lynx beat the sun was after the MM acquisition, and one of the 2 lynx losses was the game collier exited at beginning of 3rd quarter i believe with that plantar fasciitis injury.
as far as i am concerned, none of the previous matchups this season indicate anything.

Reaction Score
Yeah, what was Clark gonna say when asked about it? And obviously Carrington isn't going to say she did it on purpose. I've seen the replay. That is absolutely the most unnatural follow through I've ever seen. Everything about the positioning of her fingers and wrist is just wrong. I don't for a second believe it was an accident. And then Mabrey mockingly reenacting it on the sideline later on with Carrington and them both laughing doesn't help the cause. It was all caught on camera. I think it's pretty obvious what happened, for any that want to admit it.
the mabrey gesture i thought was related to 3-point FG

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24
Top Bottom