2024 WNBA Season: Playoffs | Page 26 | The Boneyard

2024 WNBA Season: Playoffs

Reaction Score
Jonquel always gets away with physical play, but no one wants to say anything about it because A'ja is usually on the receiving end. When it happens to a player that people like/feel for, then it becomes an issue.
the reason it’s an issue is because she shoved an already injured player down consistently just because she could.

Physicality itself is fine as long as it isn’t overdone. Jones overdid it tenfold.

Reaction Score
Jonquel always gets away with physical play, but no one wants to say anything about it because A'ja is usually on the receiving end. When it happens to a player that people like/feel for, then it becomes an issue.
I agree Jonquel is guilty of being extremely reckless especially when she's frustrated. She is responsible for the injury of both Alanna and Kiah in the playoffs. I also recalling her seriously hurting AT last season and pretty dangerous and elbow to A'jas neck last season. I'm all for thr physicality but she often takes it too far.

WBBTakeover

Manifesting EDD to the Aces in 2025
Reaction Score
I agree Jonquel is guilty of being extremely reckless especially when she's frustrated. She is responsible for the injury of both Alanna and Kiah in the playoffs. I also recalling her seriously hurting AT last season and pretty dangerous and elbow to A'jas neck last season. I'm all for thr physicality but she often takes it too far.
Exactly! She nearly concussed A'ja last year with an intentional high elbow--and I don't recall hearing anyone other than Aces fans point out Jonquel's reckless play until now.

WBBTakeover

Reaction Score
the reason it’s an issue is because she shoved an already injured player down consistently just because she could.

Physicality itself is fine as long as it isn’t overdone. Jones overdid it tenfold.
What I'm saying is that this is who Jonquel has ALWAYS been. She's doing what she's been allowed to get away with time and time again. People are only waking up to it now because some of their favorites have been on the receiving end in recent moments.

Reaction Score
What I'm saying is that this is who Jonquel has ALWAYS been. She's doing what she's been allowed to get away with time and time again. People are only waking up to it now because some of their favorites have been on the receiving end in recent moments.
I don’t think it’s ever been this malicious though.

Smith isnt even a favorite of mine, I like the whole Lynx team sure, but really, I just felt bad for her after JJ assaulted her 6+ times and gave her a back injury.

JJ is one of the most physical players in the league. I’ve watched her before, and I’m fully aware she’s a tank.

WBBTakeover

Reaction Score
I don’t think it’s ever been this malicious though.

Smith isnt even a favorite of mine, I like the whole Lynx team sure, but really, I just felt bad for her after JJ assaulted her 6+ times and gave her a back injury.

JJ is one of the most physical players in the league. I’ve watched her before, and I’m fully aware she’s a tank.
Elbowing an opponent in the head and laughing about it afterwards isn't malicious? :eek:

I like Alanna Smith (not a super fan) and know of her toughness, so for Jonquel to bring her to literal tears on numerous occasions was...something. My contention is that this is who Jonquel is and has always been.

Reaction Score
Elbowing an opponent in the head and laughing about it afterwards isn't malicious? :eek:

I like Alanna Smith (not a super fan) and know of her toughness, so for Jonquel to bring her to literal tears on numerous occasions was...something. My contention is that this is who Jonquel is and has always been.
When did the elbow moment happen?

JJ has always been like this, I’d agree yeah.

Reaction Score
Napheesa: "I think that loss is something I'll never get over," Collier said. "To have it end that way, where it just feels super unjust, I don't think that's something I'll ever be able to get over. It's different if you feel like you lose a game." Uh, I think she might be holding a grudge.
Thanks for one-upping me and making me feel stupid.

Reaction Score
Napheesa: "I think that loss is something I'll never get over," Collier said. "To have it end that way, where it just feels super unjust, I don't think that's something I'll ever be able to get over. It's different if you feel like you lose a game." Uh, I think she might be holding a grudge.
Oh no, sorry to hear Napheesa respond that way. Perhaps in the heat of the moment after the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowlingDawg

Top Bottom