2024 WNBA Season: Playoffs | Page 13 | The Boneyard

2024 WNBA Season: Playoffs

Reaction Score
@JellyBean

Dorka, like Gustafson, can give results if given time (and that could be somewheresville next year). But right now, the play for two coaches who are only going to go with whom they think will get 'em there.
Defending an equally slow post and/or operating against a weak defensive team a la.the Phoenix Mercury.

Reaction Score
I have to give a shout-out to Courtney Williams! She has to be the most underrated PG in the league. The mid-range queen!
Underrated LG (lead guard) you mean ;) I chuckle when commentators talk about how she's adjusting to the PG label. Either way, she's had a great season and I'm happy for her.

Reaction Score
Aces/Liberty Game 3 was strange. Really entertaining back and forth first half. Lib were awful after halftime and Vegas ran away with it. Young and Plum combined for 44, 19/14 for Wilson, another good game for Hayes off the bench. Gray was dishing some sweet dimes.

Ionescu no showed. Vegas really made a point of defending her tightly. Stewie started hot and then cooled off.
Sabrina had more turnovers then points.
Another case of a coach over her head.
The Liberty should behave shut the door last night.

A nice 2 minute clip of Ionescu breaking down what she experienced last night. The chess match tomorrow in how the Liberty responds will be fun to watch.

You can't be a star and get 4 pts and 5 turnovers in a playoff game.
She needs to play a lot better then that, if she expects to ever win a Championship in the WNBA.

Reaction Score
@JellyBean

In my straightforward and cut-to-the-chase mode today, Coach Reeve is going for it and the way she thinks this is going to get done is with her starters (she'll play Collier 45 minutes in a 40-minute game if she could) and her key subs. And, as noted, those subs are mostly vets (Hines-Allen) or ones that add some contrast (Zandalasini, for the most part).

As noted in an earlier post, I liked Dorka's play last year, but think Reeve thinks the Lynx can win it all and is playing accordingly. Plus, she traded for HInes-Allen, has liked what she's seen and knows Mish is basically a rented player for this season, who may or may not be back. Use her.

Dorka, like Gustafson, can give results if given time (and that could be somewheresville next year). But right now, the play for two coaches who are only going to go with whom they think will get 'em there.
Solid points. Coaches doing what they think is best for their teams in these big moments.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom