2024 WNBA Season: Playoffs | Page 21 | The Boneyard

2024 WNBA Season: Playoffs

Reaction Score
Brondello was HOT over the calls last night. Think that's the most ticked off I've ever seen her.
Yeah, I caught her presser last night. Yeah, she even threw in "I am pissed right now!". That made me laugh.

Steve Harvey Wow GIF by NBC

Reaction Score
I can see that. What I fear is that this possible reaction to the missed call will take away from what should be an amazing game.

It's like the saying about the best refs are the ones you barely notice on the court. If Game 5 ends with a lot a chatter about fouls, that will suck in my opinion. It would throw a pall on the series for me.
Yep. This whole series has been pretty decent and we all know that fouls happen on every play. For me, the refs have done a decent job all series and all playoffs, for me! Now that both coaches have taken a trip to "blame the refs" island, Game 5 is going to be called like an investigation.

Spying Latoya Jackson GIF

Reaction Score
When refs insert themselves into a game no one wins. Did all of them effect the outcome of the game, hard to say. The Liberty missed a lot of easy buckets and the Lynx defense was up a notch.

Game 5 should be a barn burner.

WBBTakeover

Thank you, Natalie!
Reaction Score
Per the reffing:

After Wednesday, Minnesota Coach Reeve called out the refs saying there was a difference in the way Stewie and Phee are called and called against.

On Friday, the Liberty were called for 14 fouls, the Lynx 9. Was that accurate/indicative of the actual play? As you can read below, NY Coach Brondello didn't think so.

Both coaches doing jockeying right into the decisive Game 5. (see link just below)

BTW, I agree with earlier comments that at crunch time, Liberty could've/should've been looking for Fiebich and/or Jones, both of whom were on this game and the Lynx had no answer for...at least last night.

Minnesota got solid performances from all their starters, with Collier playing all 40 minutes and K-Mac 35. Coach Reeve heard someone here and went with Dorka Juhasz, rather than Hines-Allen, to help counter NYC Liberty's height and quickness up front.

Can't wait for Game 5.
'

She's got some nerve complaining about the refs when her team (in particular, Stewie and Jonquel) got the benefit of a very friendly whistle during the season. In fact, Jonquel is STILL getting a rather friendly whistle in the Finals.

Having said that, I think Phee was the recipient of a friendly whistle during the regular season/much of the playoffs as well. It just hasn't continued into the Finals.

Good to see Dorka get minutes so that Jonquel isn't just leaning on Phee for long stretches.

WBBTakeover

Thank you, Natalie!
Reaction Score
And the Liberty waste yet another great Jonquel Jones performance. I'm not sure there's going to be another one, so hopefully their big guns are ready in Game 5.

Reaction Score
Anyone here that can tell me the meaning of the cake and why it has a "seven" on it?

Fun seeing my all-time favorite Cyclone getting some love. And her having some fun playing.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Man, I know I've said it before but it's been so awesome to see her have such an impact this season. Her hometown of Chatham ON must have been on the edge of their seats.

It gave me chills last night when I saw that happen and the free throws go in. Minnesota wasn't great at the line last night, with the exception of Carleton.
Since the Olympics, Carleton has been -- to me -- playing at the level that Reeve has been hoping for/talking about but wasn't seen on a consistent basis (at least in the W) by many folks (Coach Reeve and @cancontent aside ;)). She's playing with confidence on both sides of the ball and it makes the Lynx more dangerous.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Since the Olympics, Carleton has been -- to me -- playing at the level that Reeve has been hoping for/talking about but wasn't seen on a consistent basis (at least in the W) by many folks (Coach Reeve and @cancontent aside ;)). She's playing with confidence on both sides of the ball and it makes the Lynx more dangerous.
Bumping this and including this clip I just saw on Twitter.

Totally missed this part with Whalen when Carleton made this 3 pointer. :D

Reaction Score
Anyone here that can tell me the meaning of the cake and why it has a "seven" on it?

Fun seeing my all-time favorite Cyclone getting some love. And her having some fun playing.

I was hoping that somebody would have answered. Pretty much it is a celebration (player of the with the cake) and the 7 represents games won to reach 8 total for the WNBA crown. 2 in the first round. 3 for the semi and 3 for the finals. Hopefully we can get the win tonight. Good luck, Minnesota!!

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Sabally has been huge for New York in their come back. I know a certain poster bashes her constantly, but she looks really good tonight.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
They are reviewing a foul called w/ 3.8 seconds left, but how about the blatant traveling by Stewie on the inbounds? Shuffled her feet. Ruocco and Lobo are saying zippo about it.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Carleton got clobbered by Sabally on the rebound, no call. They were in the bonus. Should've been shooting FTs to win the game in regulation.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I was mildly pulling for NY for most of the series, but I've totally turned. Go Lynx!

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oof, Williams has been almost as brutal as Ionescu tonight. Not a good game for lead guards.

Sabally rescued the Liberty tonight. Mostly in Q3, but huge play just now in OT.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Amazing how much a coach's strategic wining about officiating can effect a game. Reeve pulled that card and it worked in Game 4, Brondello followed suit and it payed off big time in Game 5. 23-6 FTA advantage for the Liberty.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom