2024 WNBA Season: Part 2 (August ---) | Page 24 | The Boneyard

2024 WNBA Season: Part 2 (August ---)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Agreed, visitingcock, but I believe they'll need point production from Aliyah down the stretch.
She is barely getting the ball in this open offense. She was 3 of 6 today, she’s kicking the ball out to the three shooters more.

Reaction Score
Seattle continues to refuse to get a firm handle on that #4 playoff seed. Thomas and Bonner only combined for 12 points, but 5 other Sun players in double figures. Jones led the way w/ 26. Mabrey and Burton added another 26 off the bench. Loyd led everybody w/ 27.
Hopefully Gabby doesn't end up back in Seattle next year. That much talent in the starting line-up, and they play terrible.

Reaction Score
But is it because it's the right decision or that you think she's deferring? In some cases I've seen it as the defence isn't giving her any other choice.
I think it started post- Olympics and you can’t argue against their record in that time. Hence I think it is the right decision.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Atlanta beating the stuffing out of LA and finally going to pull even with Chicago. Can either of them hold off Dallas?

Reaction Score
Kah and Tasha have one each, too. Tash is out for the next game as well.

To me, this is a symptom of substandard coaching. I doubt that anyone outside of DT would have a tech in this game or be in danger of missing the next game with a better coach leading the way.
As is DT. Wonder if this is another history maker -two players seven Ts .... mandatory suspension.

Reaction Score
She is barely getting the ball in this open offense. She was 3 of 6 today, she’s kicking the ball out to the three shooters more.
Agreed. I'm just trying to think from the team's best interest perspective. Caitlin likely will continue to get her points, but if Kelsey cools, the Fever will need Aliyah. She and Caitlin worked so well together back before Kelsey went nuts.

Reaction Score
Hopefully Gabby doesn't end up back in Seattle next year. That much talent in the starting line-up, and they play terrible.
Loyd had a better game today than recently until she started to fire airballs down the stretch. In most of its defeats, the Storm has been too much 'Jewell will bail us out,' until she doesn't.

WBBTakeover

10/18/2023
Reaction Score
As is DT. Wonder if this is another history maker -two players seven Ts .... mandatory suspension.
I think they have to try to get one of those rescinded. Might not work, but they have to try--especially with a winnable home game coming up.

Reaction Score
Agreed. I'm just trying to think from the team's best interest perspective. Caitlin likely will continue to get her points, but if Kelsey cools, the Fever will need Aliyah. She and Caitlin worked so well together back before Kelsey went nuts.
I think she'll be fine. It's not easy scoring against the towering players that can be found in Dallas and Chicago, so I think it was a team decision to not rely on her as much during those particular games.

Reaction Score
So, the fever need three wins to reach the playoffs. They have 8 games left to do it. 6 are at home. 5-3 over those 8 games will give them a winning record. 4-4 would leave them at .500.

They have played great basketball since the Olympic break. Boston’s role as a scorer has been reduced to a rebounder, screener and kick out to three shooters Clark, Mitchell and emerging threat Hull.
Two wins needed by the Fever out of the last 7 games to clinch a playoff spot. 3 wins needed to finish over .500. 6 are at home!

vs Sparks
vs Lynx
vs Dresm
vs Aces
vs Aces
vs Wings
At Mystics

Reaction Score
I kind of hope that Gabby does come back and play for Seattle next year. Not only for being a mentor for Jordan Horston but also for being possibly a key piece for Seattle being a playoff and championship team. They have a talented roster, but they lack consistency. Throw in Gabby coming into the mix after the break, that consistency that was lacking earlier takes a bigger hit. I just know that they lack effort and energy out there. Too much. "You got 5 shots in a row. Now it is my turn" type of attitude. I hope Gabby stays and plays for Seattle next year.

Reaction Score
Two wins needed by the Fever out of the last 7 games to clinch a playoff spot. 3 wins needed to finish over .500. 6 are at home!

vs Sparks
vs Lynx
vs Dresm
vs Aces
vs Aces
vs Wings
At Mystics
Now I will be really curious to see how teams play down the stretch.

Reaction Score
Congrats, Angel Reese on the single season rebounding record. So many players don't want to rebound and people complain about that. Here this young lady rebounding like her life depended on it and folks are complaining about her rebounding. SMH.

Hats off to Courtney Williams and Kayla McBride. Phee had a slight off night but K-Mac and Court stepped up and helped the Lynx get the win. Not sure how these 12 & 14 point quarters are going to play out in the playoffs but Minnesota has to figure out a way to not to let that happen. Yikes!

WBBTakeover

10/18/2023
Reaction Score
I kind of hope that Gabby does come back and play for Seattle next year. Not only for being a mentor for Jordan Horston but also for being possibly a key piece for Seattle being a playoff and championship team. They have a talented roster, but they lack consistency. Throw in Gabby coming into the mix after the break, that consistency that was lacking earlier takes a bigger hit. I just know that they lack effort and energy out there. Too much. "You got 5 shots in a row. Now it is my turn" type of attitude. I hope Gabby stays and plays for Seattle next year.
This is also known as the Las Vegas Aces approach, unfortunately. :(

That said, shout out to Jackie Young for her 14 assists yesterday--in a game where she shot the ball well (50% overall and 50% from three)!

Reaction Score
I saw an interesting little factoid. Might not get these numbers exactly right, but it's close. 17% of all Flagrant 1 fouls this season have been committed against Caitlin Clark, and of those 80% of them have been by Chicago Sky players. Just a coincidence though, right?
Headhunting.

Reaction Score
New York would be a much better place for her. Back with Stewie and would give New York a great backcourt, and a team which has many options.
Gabby could lead the league in assists, and win a championship.

Reaction Score
What are the best guard duos in the league right now? I think I would put Clark/Mitchell over Plum/Young. What are the other notable guard duos out there? Howard/Gray?
McBride/Williams have been fantastic all year and play better defense than Clark/Mitchell, but I don’t think there’s anyone has a more dynamic duo offensively than the Fever.

Reaction Score
I like Queen. She had a great rookie season with Indiana, but has since been lost in the shuffle. She had some okay games with the Mystics after being traded. I hope she can get some minutes with the Aces.
Similar situation to Emily Engtsler's. Emily is finally getting a fair shot with Washington. The Aces situation is different, but considering they've stuck with an 11-man roster for some time, I'm hopeful. They need more forward depth in my opinion and could use someone like Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom