2024 WNBA Season: Part 2 (August ---) | Page 17 | The Boneyard

2024 WNBA Season: Part 2 (August ---)

Reaction Score
Nah, in this case Atlanta owns full responsibility for this loss.

They fell back into their "What the???" offence instead of the ball movement and work the paint style that had been working for them. For a while I thought they gave up and were mailing it in.

Indiana was hot shooting and without looking at tie boxscore, I think they won the rebounding game. Howard and Gray, prior to her taking that elbow struggled to score. Maybe, we can blame you for we can blame you for that (;)). From my perspective though, they seemed a tad more worked up for this game than they usually are.
Yep

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Costly loss at home for Seattle against Washington. The race for 4th/5th just got real interesting.

Reaction Score
Costly loss at home for Seattle against Washington. The race for 4th/5th just got real interesting.
Searching for home court advantage in the first round. While this game didn't show it Seattle has a much better home court record then their upcoming playoff opponent so they may need the home court more than the Aces.

Down the stretch the Storm face two losses against the Liberty offset against two wins against the Mercury. After splitting with the Sun the Storm may have to beat an Aces team with the home court advantage to advance to a semi round loss against the Liberty.

Just like the desire to see Angel and the Sky in the playoffs I think we'd all like to see an Aces Liberty rematch.

Reaction Score

Something to monitor for tomorrow.

Her only shot a horrible three-point attempt missed the hoop by at least a foot.

She, Smith and Hull were........ Unspeakably inept

Dantas and Fagbenle gave Mitchell and Clark the little help they needed to take care of the Dream who will find themselves in a nightmare on the road as August comes to a close.

Reaction Score
We can be confident the Wing will not break the century mark this evening as the W's leading scoring offense meets the worst scoring defense.

Wondering if the Ace's will break the century mark however. (They put up 95 and 104 in their previous victories over the defenseless Wings)

If the Wings put forth the same defensive effort that they did against the Spark, Kelsey, Jackie, and Aja might all top 30.

Reaction Score
Her only shot a horrible three-point attempt missed the hoop by at least a foot.

Dantas and Fagbenle gave Mitchell and Clark the little help they needed to take care of the Dream who will find themselves in a nightmare on the road as August comes to a close.
Hull gave valuable minutes. I don't know what you're talking about. Sure, she minimally contributed on offense, but she was essential on the defensive side and was a key reason they held the Dream to 79 points.

Reaction Score

Hull is getting better with her defense. It speaks volumes about a player who gives up her offense to focus on her defense. She is no defensive stopper yet, but Hull is slowly developing into a defensive force out there.

Reaction Score
We can be confident the Wing will not break the century mark this evening as the W's leading scoring offense meets the worst scoring defense.

Wondering if the Ace's will break the century mark however. (They put up 95 and 104 in their previous victories over the defenseless Wings)

If the Wings put forth the same defensive effort that they did against the Spark, Kelsey, Jackie, and Aja might all top 30.

They might do it by half time

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Nobody wants the #4 spot? Aces get outscored 32-21 in Q4 to drop a 3 point loss to the hapless Wings. I was thinking w/ the way LV plays defense, Sabally, Howard and Ogunbowale were probably all gonna go for 20+. They did, combined for 72. Wasted a 42 point effort from Wilson (16-22 FG 10-13 FT). The Aces are just not a good team anymore. I don't understand what happened. They are significantly worse since the All Star/Olympic break than they were before.

WBBTakeover

Don't get caught sleeping!
Reaction Score
Once again, Becky refuses to take responsibility for her poor game plan and substandard rotations. Now, I can see why the report came out about her not being NBA coaching material. She's barely WNBA coaching material at this point.

When KP, Chelsea, and Jackie are getting cooked, take one of them out and put Syd in. Syd actually tries to defend. I'm still wondering where Jackie's reputation as a top wing defender came from because...no. Consistency matters.

WBBTakeover

Don't get caught sleeping!
Reaction Score
Kiah Stokes: 14 minutes, 0 points, 2 rebounds (averages less than 2 points per game)
Megan Gustafson: 11 minutes, 0 points, 0 rebounds (averages less than 2 rebounds a game)

How does an organization enter the season and then try to end the season without acquiring another starting post player? This is very unserious behavior. Natalie Williams and Nikki Fargas deserve pink slips.

Every contender in the league has two above average starters in the post. NY has two former MVPs. Connecticut has an Olympian and an All-Star. Minnesota has two Olympians. Seattle has an Olympian and an All-Star. Vegas?

Reaction Score
Aces were 34-6 last year. They are currently 18-12. That's 11 games worse.
The Aces have really been a mystery this season. Just when it seemed like they were getting their championship mindset back, they slip up and fall back a notch or two. I keep wishing that the Aces would figure things out and get things in gear so that they could do the whole 3-Peat but I don't think they can. Losing to the Wings? Not helpful to the cause. It is looking like we have new champions this year.

Reaction Score
The Aces have really been a mystery this season. Just when it seemed like they were getting their championship mindset back, they slip up and fall back a notch or two. I keep wishing that the Aces would figure things out and get things in gear so that they could do the whole 3-Peat but I don't think they can. Losing to the Wings? Not helpful to the cause. It is looking like we have new champions this year.
They also needed a last minute shot just to beat Chicago. I still think it unwise to count Vegas out but I'm wondering if there are issues that can't be fixed during the season. Becky Hammon's coaching seems to be the biggest issue to me if I am being honest, speculating that potentially the lawsuit and press around the Hamby situation is getting to her.
I know everyone talk about the defensive issues for Vegas and they are there but even offensively they just play one on one every possession. Its jarring to see from Vegas this late in the season after the last two years.

Reaction Score
WNBA Record as at 27 Aug 2024.gif

The Liberty & Lynx are the only teams with winning records vs. Top 5 teams. They both have 7 wins, while no one else has more than 4.

The Aces are the only Top 5 team with more than one loss vs. Bottom 3 teams, they now have three.

Obviously indicative only due to player availability during individual matchups but interesting non the less.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CajunHusk94

Top Bottom