2024 NBA Mock Draft Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2024 NBA Mock Draft Thread

Reaction Score

DC 3
SC 4
CS 50
TN 54'
Someone from the Boneyard definitely wrote that article, because they spelled it "Tristan" Newton

Rockets would be an interesting place for DC since they already have Jabari Smith and Sengun and both are really young. Not sure Clingan would break through the starting lineup right away

No issue with Castle to the Spurs!

Some other interesting projections here - Devin Carter to Memphis which I think is a really good fit for him. Zach Edey to the Lakers would be fun to watch. Kolek to the Knicks for a majorly BE team. Filipowski fell all the way to 29

Reaction Score
Someone from the Boneyard definitely wrote that article, because they spelled it "Tristan" Newton

Rockets would be an interesting place for DC since they already have Jabari Smith and Sengun and both are really young. Not sure Clingan would break through the starting lineup right away

No issue with Castle to the Spurs!

Some other interesting projections here - Devin Carter to Memphis which I think is a really good fit for him. Zach Edey to the Lakers would be fun to watch. Kolek to the Knicks for a majorly BE team. Filipowski fell all the way to 29
It's hard to have hopes for a late 1st rounder, but I'm hoping the Knicks take Kolek. He's been mocked to them a bunch and I think he'd be a perfect fit backing up Brunson

Reaction Score
Clingan works out for Washington today
Saw an article on way too early 2025 NBA Mock Draft with Washington taking Flagg at #1.Maybe DC and CF will get a chance to play together. Wild to think about but clearly highly speculative at this point. Plenty of interest being shown on DC in the Top 5 slots.

Reaction Score
BTW. Givony was the source of the way too early 2025 Mock NBA Draft projection on CF to Washington in Post#184

Reaction Score
Vecenie and Simon doing a live mock.

Clingan at #2 to Washington. Vecenie has Castle #2 on his board but went with Clingan to Washington.
They ended up doing a trade where Spurs moved up from 8 to 5 with Detroit and took Risarcher at 4 and Castle at 5.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
There are a lot of reasons I hope Clingan is the number 1 overall pick, but what an incredible story it would be for him and the entire state of CT... local kid from Bristol restores the UConn brand with back-to-back titles and then becomes the number 1 overall pick in the NBA draft. Whatever number he is drafted at will be an incredible story, but destiny feels like he goes number 1...

Reaction Score
Right now from a Wizards' fan prospective, I think that either Castle or Clingan goes at 2 unless Sarr falls to the Wizards. Risacher doesn't seem to have the upside that the Wizards are looking for. It will be interesting to see if there are some last minute trades that change the top of the draft.

Reaction Score

Simmons & Russillo were saying the same on Sunday's pod.

Would be quite a feather in our cap. He'd be the first UConn player to go No. 1, the first New England-born player to go No. 1, and just the 4th Big East player to go No. 1 (Ewing, Coleman, Iverson). I kind of want it to happen even tho I don't love Atlanta's front office/overall direction.

Reaction Score
Imagine if Clingan and Castle had stayed. Oy...
Or rip. Or ray. Or donyell. Or Charlie. or Rudy. Or Kemba. Or lamb. Or Drummond. Or oriakhi. Or butler. Or Bynum(arrived and stayed and Della Donne too). Or Dham. Or bouk. Or Emeka. Or Calhoun. Hurley stayed though!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Sounded like Hurley thinks he has a shot at the 1st. He's been doing a ton of workouts.

Tracker lists (and their draft picks):
Nuggets - 28, 56
Clippers - 46
Grizzlies - 9, 39, 57
Heat - 15, 43
Bucks - 23, 33
Timberwolves - 27, 37
Spurs - 4, 8, 35, 48
Jazz - 10, 29, 32

So now we all gotta stay up and watch the rest of the first round after DC and SC get drafted.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

Didn’t see this posted…but this is always a cool exercise - projecting a guys ceiling and his floor. I happen to think he missed on 3.5/4 for Castle/Clingan.

If Castle is only Pat Beverley I will be STUNNED. His floor is Marcus Smart. He’s going to be closer to that supercharged Jrue.

Clingan…his ceiling is higher than Gobert, because his offensive potential is way higher. But I think even his floor is higher than Bamba, who’s barely serviceable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom