2024 NBA Mock Draft Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

2024 NBA Mock Draft Thread

Reaction Score
Who was supposed to win this series? All the talking heads I've seen said Dallas.

What did Vegas think?
89% of the betting money was on Dallas, for some unfathomable reason. Celtics had better record, dominated all season, and swept season series against Dallas. In fact, Dallas hadn't beaten Boston since Mar 2022 before the Finals started.

Reaction Score

2. The Atlanta Hawks’ Uncertain Draft Night Plans​

It’s still unclear what Atlanta will do with the first pick in Wednesday’s draft. A little over a week ago, I reported that UConn center Donovan Clingan impressed Hawks brass in a private workout. Clingan remains one of their top choices. But I’m told that the Hawks would ideally prefer to trade down to take the 7-foot-2 sophomore center, rather than do so with the first choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score

Givony talked about the red flags with Castle in this podcast as well. He said that he would go to UConn games early to watch Castle warm up and try to record 3 or 4 consecutive 3 pointers to post on social media and how it took 30-40 min to even get back to back 3s from Castle.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Givony talked about the red flags with Castle in this podcast as well. He said that he would go to UConn games early to watch Castle warm up and try to record 3 or 4 consecutive 3 pointers to post on social media and how it took 30-40 min to even get back to back 3s from Castle.

Shouldn’t be an issue. He has great form and will improve in the offseason

Reaction Score
50% three point shooter on decent volume, really high IQ and can run an offense really well. The big risk on him is his size obviously

I think his floor is higher than Steph's, but Steph's ceiling is WAY higher

Listening to a pod yesterday (probably Game Theory so it must have been Bryce) and it was mentioned that Reed shot mid 30s from 3 throughout HS and AAU. So it makes me wonder if this season could be a big outlier. There was a lot of talk about his historic splits but Louisville just signed a kid who had a higher % on higher volume as a freshman. And then he shot mid 30s the next 3 seasons.

Reactions: awy
Reaction Score
He settled that concern at the draft combine, no?

Reaction Score
He settled that concern at the draft combine, no?
Eh the draft combine also says that Edey is both faster and more agile than Clingan and I don't believe that at all. Castle had one good day compared to multiple games and warmups where he struggled with his shot. What is concerning is that not only is Castle's 3pt% under 30%, he did it on almost completely unguarded shots because no one gave him any respect or our offense gave him a great look. It doesn't matter how good his form looks if he still can't put the ball in the basket.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
That isn’t great. Clingan would hit back to back 3s during warm ups with regularity. This explains why teams are lower on him than I am.

Reaction Score
Eh the draft combine also says that Edey is both faster and more agile than Clingan and I don't believe that at all. Castle had one good day compared to multiple games and warmups where he struggled with his shot. What is concerning is that not only is Castle's 3pt% under 30%, he did it on almost completely unguarded shots because no one gave him any respect or our offense gave him a great look. It doesn't matter how good his form looks if he still can't put the ball in the basket.
Castle’s splits over the last 2 months of last season are much different from the earlier part of the season. He shot very respectably toward the end of the season and made teams regret playing off him in the tournament.

awy

Reaction Score
when did givony see him? if it's early in the season then this is also showing that castle has improved with his shot

Reaction Score
mock draft database:
https://www.nbamockdraftdatabase.com/players/2024/stephon-castle (site is currently down on his page for some reason)

Reaction Score
Castle’s shot is going to be fine. He knows it needs to get better and he’s a hard worker. Yes, he only took open threes at uconn but why would he want to take contested threes in such a great offense? There’s plenty of clips of him in high school taking and making side step and step back threes. My guess is he will be an average to above average 3 point shooter by his 3rd year. If an nba team can’t wait that long, they shouldn’t take him

Reaction Score
Castle’s splits over the last 2 months of last season are much different from the earlier part of the season. He shot very respectably toward the end of the season and made teams regret playing off him in the tournament.
I don't know where you are getting this, but looking at the game log on BBRef for March + April, he shot 6 for 29 from 3 (20.7%). If you include February into that, it raises it to just 12/46 (26.1%). He finished the season poorly considering that that is slightly worse than his full season percentage of 26.7%.

Reaction Score
I don't know where you are getting this, but looking at the game log on BBRef for March + April, he shot 6 for 29 from 3 (20.7%). If you include February into that, it raises it to just 12/46 (26.1%). He finished the season poorly considering that that is slightly worse than his full season percentage of 26.7%.
Also worth considering Castle shot 35% on games which fell on an odd day of the month vs 22% on even days. If the NBA teams were smart they'd rest him for any games that fall on an even day.

Reaction Score
He shot 15/46 in Conf play...so nearly 33% so there is evidence his shot improved.....But he struggled in the tourney.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom