2024 NBA Mock Draft Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2024 NBA Mock Draft Thread

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Reports Memphis is trying to trade up to #3 and that they covet Donovan
Would be a perfect fit next to JJJ and Ja.

JJJ and Clingan can be a KAT Gobert like tandem but better. Lot of lobs from Ja too!

Reaction Score
Would be a perfect fit next to JJJ and Ja.

JJJ and Clingan can be a KAT Gobert like tandem but better. Lot of lobs from Ja too!
I bet Ime would love a shot to reunite with Smart in Houston too. They really excelled together. May make too much sense

Reaction Score
Not sure what the point of this article is except to produce content, but here it is anyway. Doesn't have Clingan in his top 10. Has him #11. Is there any way Clingan slips out of the top 10?

No NBA Draft prospect has the exact game of any one NBA player past or present, but comparing them to others can be an instructive exercise to get an idea of what to expect and how to shape potential future impact. The idea behind it is to add color to scouting reports and other analysis in the lead-up to the draft and provide a more substantive look at what the future of each player could hold.

3. Stephon Castle

Pro comp: Jrue Holiday
Castle consistently drew the toughest defensive assignments for title-winning UConn last season as a freshman and made a name for himself as a defensive stopper who is elite at the point of attack. That has been Jrue Holiday's calling card as an NBA player. The big leap here is the playmaking ability Holiday has proven over his career. Castle did not show that often at UConn but has the calm and vision to become a viable point guard in time. That, along with his shooting, might be the biggest swing skills that make or break his future NBA stardom.

Reaction Score
Not sure what the point of this article is except to produce content, but here it is anyway. Doesn't have Clingan in his top 10. Has him #11. Is there any way Clingan slips out of the top 10?

No NBA Draft prospect has the exact game of any one NBA player past or present, but comparing them to others can be an instructive exercise to get an idea of what to expect and how to shape potential future impact. The idea behind it is to add color to scouting reports and other analysis in the lead-up to the draft and provide a more substantive look at what the future of each player could hold.

3. Stephon Castle

Castle consistently drew the toughest defensive assignments for title-winning UConn last season as a freshman and made a name for himself as a defensive stopper who is elite at the point of attack. That has been Jrue Holiday's calling card as an NBA player. The big leap here is the playmaking ability Holiday has proven over his career. Castle did not show that often at UConn but has the calm and vision to become a viable point guard in time. That, along with his shooting, might be the biggest swing skills that make or break his future NBA stardom.

I don’t think Clingan falls past 4 tbh.

Reaction Score

3. Stephon Castle

A Dalton Knecht/Josh Hart player comp, good grief...

Reaction Score

3. Stephon Castle

He has Clingan #11 in his personal rankings, but #3 to the Rockets in his mock draft. I think he goes in the top 4, and that being the first pick isn’t out of the question.

Reaction Score
Latest Athletic mock: Alexandre Sarr, Zaccharie Risacher emerge as top picks in latest mock draft
  • 4. Castle (Spurs)
  • 7. Clingan (Blazers)
  • 36. Spencer (Pacers)
  • 50. Newton (Pacers)
Also said Karaban was most likely a top 40 pick and potentially late 1st round before he withdrew.
I wonder if Clingan is actually still available at #7, if the Spurs would try to trade up from #8 to get him. I'd be an instant Spurs fan if both Castle and Clingan ended teaming up with Wemby!

Reaction Score
As much as I’d love clingan to the spurs I don’t think they will do it. They tried out the twin tower experiment with Zach Collins and it didn’t have as much success as when they transitioned Wemby just being the five. I hope they do (and somehow draft castle too) but Wemby imho showed he can be the all NBA defensive center while also being a unicorn offensively allowing many different offensive looks for whoever is on the floor with him. However, maybe it takes someone more talented like Clingan to make a twin tower pairing work.

Reaction Score
As much as I’d love clingan to the spurs I don’t think they will do it. They tried out the twin tower experiment with Zach Collins and it didn’t have as much success as when they transitioned Wemby just being the five. I hope they do (and somehow draft castle too) but Wemby imho showed he can be the all NBA defensive center while also being a unicorn offensively allowing many different offensive looks for whoever is on the floor with him. However, maybe it takes someone more talented like Clingan to make a twin tower pairing work.
If Clingan was locking down the lane as the 5 and Wemby being like a pseudo safety at the 4, that would be a terrorizing combo as even if you beat Wemby, Cling Kong would be there waiting in the lane. Or if you caught Clingan out of position with an entry pass, Wemby could come flying over from the weakside to smother any attempt towards the rim. And Castle at the 2 or 1 with the frontline defense? The Spurs defense would be a nightmare for just about everyone. It's on the offensive end where Pop would need to make things work.

I don't think the Spurs will get both Castle and Clingan, but it sure is fun imagining them with Wemby.

Reaction Score

I don’t think Clingan falls past 4 tbh.

Given the injury history with Portland's centers I think I'd puke if Clingan lands there.

Honestly hoping he goes 2nd to Washington. Could make a nice core with Avdija, Kispert & Coulibaly, and they'd still stink badly enough to be in the running for No. 1 next year, too.

Reaction Score
Given the injury history with Portland's centers I think I'd puke if Clingan lands there.

Honestly hoping he goes 2nd to Washington. Could make a nice core with Avdija, Kispert & Coulibaly, and they'd still stink badly enough to be in the running for No. 1 next year, too.
Yeah my preference is Washington or Atlanta. Or if the Spurs want to pair him with Wemby, that would be cool.

Reaction Score

That might be stretching the term "nice core"

Reaction Score
That might be stretching the term "nice core"
Maybe! But Avdija's already a high-level starter, and I think Coulibaly & Clingan will be. Kispert is a very good movement shooter who can play 20-25 mpg on all but the very best teams.

I'd take that + a high 2025 lottery pick, multiple incoming future firsts and whatever they get for Kuzma this summer. They'd still lack a star (unless they get one with that 2025 pick), but they'd have defense, balance and a clear direction. I'd take that over a lot of teams in the league, including a few that actually made the postseason.

I mean, in theory there's a world where this is their starting 5 for 25/26:

PG: Traore
SG: Coulibaly
SF: Kispert
PF: Avdija
C: Clingan

That's not a playoff team, but it's a fun, young team with a ton of upside. And I'd much rather see Clingan as a part of that than whatever nonsense is happening in Portland or Charlotte.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom