2022 Transfer Offer Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2022 Transfer Offer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Things look like they are heating up a bit. Newton, Ramy, Carter, and Richard seem to be the main 4 getting interest, although I'd love to get on this Charlotte kid too. We definitely need to bring in at least 2 guys - wonder if we'd take 3.

I think we ought to take 3. If we take 2, we've really only got three legit guards with Floyd and whoever transfers in. One injury and you're suddenly terribly thin in the backcourt. I'm fine having three pure guards and Jackson able to plug in when he needs to but not be counted on in that role.

Reaction Score
I think we ought to take 3. If we take 2, we've really only got three legit guards with Floyd and whoever transfers in. One injury and you're suddenly terribly thin in the backcourt. I'm fine having three pure guards and Jackson able to plug in when he needs to but not be counted on in that role.

C63DATA5KLKYGDSYPF3ENL7VEQ.jpg

Reaction Score
I would still take three
Oh yeah, absolutely. I still want 3 guards/wings and then the 4th whoever wants to sit and develop
There’s essentially no chance 3 good guards are coming to this backcourt from the portal even if we only have Hawkins and Floyd slated to get minutes.

My guess is one scholarship gets left open in case Castle wants to reclassify after the AAU season, 2 get used on impact guards, and the 3rd on either a project or low impact sub.

Reaction Score
There’s essentially no chance 3 good guards are coming to this backcourt from the portal even if we only have Hawkins and Floyd slated to get minutes.

My guess is one scholarship gets left open in case Castle wants to reclassify after the AAU season, 2 get used on impact guards, and the 3rd on either a project or low impact sub.
I wouldn't expect the 3rd guard to be a good one, just a low impact sub like you described that only plays if there's injuries

Reaction Score
I wouldn't expect the 3rd guard to be a good one, just a low impact sub like you described that only plays if there's injuries
Same page then. I could also see there being some use for a defensive C for that scholarship, or a shooter PF (although we haven’t reached out to any players at either position). We’ll find out soon enough

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score

I was thinking the same. Two starter level guys and a guy that needs developing. That’s the best fit

Reaction Score
Same page then. I could also see there being some use for a defensive C for that scholarship, or a shooter PF (although we haven’t reached out to any players at either position). We’ll find out soon enough
Yeah I originally wanted to go after a stretch 4 or someone like that but at this point it seems like all 5 big men with eligibility are coming back and the staff is happy with that group

Reaction Score
I don't see many minutes available at the 4 or 5 and frankly if we want to avoid a situation like we have PG, gotta let the young guys get a shot (i.e. Samson).

Sanogo holding it down 32-35 min at the 5 and then Akok, Samson, Springs, Clingan are fighting for minutes at the 4, that's plenty to work with. Especially since we expect to see small ball lineups so we could see Andre (6'6") or Karaban (6'8") playing the 4 too so not getting an impact big unless you are just jumping the line for Samson to get reps and prove himself which if he is as talented as Hurley believes is not something he is going to do.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see if Kyle Lofton enters the portal as a 5th year.

Of course he has his limitations but was close to Cole and knows Akok. I have no clue what he plans on doing. No one needs a change of scenery more than this guy.
Sorry guys this should have been is the other thread. Not an offer. Just speculation. My bad. Still hope it happens. Feel free to delete. I timed out from being able to delete.

Reaction Score
Updated with Young.

Maybe it's recency bias, but he's now #1 on my list. What makes his numbers even more enticing is that his head coach, Ron Sanchez, is a former Tony Bennett assistant and Charlotte's offense is very slow (265th at pace), so these aren't like MAC-inflated numbers. In fact, eight of the C-USA teams are within the top 50th percentile in defensive efficiency, so he's not only playing against dud defenses.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I like either Newton or Young as a solid starting PG.

Question for people who are plugged in. Are there no freshmen who are still available? I'm not talking as a starter, I'm talking as a Christian Vital type 3* who can be a bench player and develop. Here is a 6'3" PG in CT.

Reaction Score
I like either Newton or Young as a solid starting PG.

Question for people who are plugged in. Are there no freshmen who are still available? I'm not talking as a starter, I'm talking as a Christian Vital type 3* who can be a bench player and develop. Here is a 6'3" PG in CT.

Avery Brown signed with Columbia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds