2022 Transfer Offer Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2022 Transfer Offer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The transfer markets recruiting is done way before anyone announces they’re transferring. So yes it’s quite and nerve racking for us. But I’m sure the staff has a good idea already of who they’re getting. Be patient. I see a TON of NEW talent in the future :)
This is the point I wanted to make. Some of these guys just jump in the portal. But others know where they are going before they announce it. Sadly, it's basically tampering with players at existing programs.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Updated w/ Carter.

Personally, I take his stats with a grain of salt. A freshman playing on a SEC team that ranked #201 in national offensive efficiency.

South Carolina was 331st in offensive turnover prevention and played at the 33rd fastest offensive tempo. Sounds like uncontrolled chaos.

Add in the fact that the team only shot 47.3 fg%, which was 287th in the nation...just a breeding ground for bad offense, I highly doubt Carter was a big reason for this, especially playing just 18.7 mpg.

I wouldn't be "pumped" if we get Carter, but I'd be intrigued for sure. He's also a Brewster kid, which is intriguing too.

Here is a pretty good video on this Freshman transfer. He's got some real athleticism (not surprising son of Anthony Carter). Take a look at this:

Transfer Prospect | Devin Carter Breakdown

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Thought this was interesting. Shannon would be an incredible fit.

Reaction Score
It's quiet because our coaches are tight lipped on who we are gunning for. It's best for UConn if the info doesn't leak.
Honest question: Why is it ok for other teams to let their interest be publicly known but our staff is tight-lipped about interest? This kinda feels like another one where Hurley is behind the times a little (but learning).

Can't complain about the HS recruiting (outside PGs) so hopefully they bring that over to the portal side.

Reaction Score
I'm hearing we are top 3 on Tristen Newton's list. The source said he's 80% sure UConn will land him. Take that with a grain of salt but I'll take it as good news until I hear otherwise....
That would be HUGE

Reaction Score
Honest question: Why is it ok for other teams to let their interest be publicly known but our staff is tight-lipped about interest? This kinda feels like another one where Hurley is behind the times a little (but learning).

Can't complain about the HS recruiting (outside PGs) so hopefully they bring that over to the portal side.
He's behind the times because he doesn't leak info? I usually agree with most of your takes but that's a pretty strange one

Reaction Score

I don't have a feeling on it either way, but I wonder what benefit a school would have by letting these things become public. I am not saying that I think it's a negative thing when it happens. I just don't see a reason for a school to go out of their way to make it public, as you seem to be implying is the currently in-vogue way of doing things.

Reaction Score
I've updated the list w/ Ramey.

It's interesting that he was rumored here a few days before interest was shown on Twitter.

He's a solid shooting Big 12 veteran, so yeah, I'd be interested for sure.

He's what Three Man Weave wrote about him in September:

Ramey certainly CAN initiate the offense. He CAN make plays for others. He CAN score off movement. But this team already has a bevy of scorers and playmakers. Save Jase Febres, the one hole on the perimeter is knockdown shooting – don’t look now but guess who’s a career 37% shooter from long distance, coming off a Big-12 run in which he canned 44% from bonus land (whispers, it’s Ramey). While Ramey can do a little bit of everything, THAT part of his game needs to shine through on this mega talented Horns roster.

Reaction Score
Things look like they are heating up a bit. Newton, Ramy, Carter, and Richard seem to be the main 4 getting interest, although I'd love to get on this Charlotte kid too. We definitely need to bring in at least 2 guys - wonder if we'd take 3.

Reaction Score
He's behind the times because he doesn't leak info? I usually agree with most of your takes but that's a pretty strange one
No worries. It seems like other big time schools aren't scared of having their name out there. Why are we? Maybe I'm missing something.

Reaction Score

Good attacker of the rim which we need but that shooting form...

Watch "Devin Carter Episode! Heading to Brewster Academy" on YouTube

Reaction Score
No worries. It seems like other big time schools aren't scared of having their name out there. Why are we? Maybe I'm missing something.
I guess I'm just not seeing the connection. I don't think it's that we're scared of having our name out there, I think there's just a smaller list of targets that the staff has zeroed in on. And on all of those guys our name is out there publicly.

The lack of leaks is not having it out in public saying Player X,Y,Z are coming to UConn before their announcement. Which I have no problem with, kids like having their moment to announce

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Just my feeling, but you look kind of weak if you have your name out there for 10 to 15 players and miss on all of them. Better to hold your cards close to the chest and see what happens.
Not just that...but if you're trying to get a top PG transfer it doesn't look great when you tell one hes the guy but then you see the same school on every other PG. I think it's best to stay quiet. Like this approach assuming we land our guys.

Reaction Score
Not just that...but if you're trying to get a top PG transfer it doesn't look great when you tell one hes the guy but then you see the same school on every other PG. I think it's best to stay quiet. Like this approach assuming we land our guys.
This right here. I think this is it. I stand corrected.

I’m pulling hard for the staff but very frustrated we didn’t take a guard last off-season so we had to win games like a football team 13-10. Too hard to win that way. They seem to be getting it right - just sometimes moving a little slower than some of us want. I’m convinced We find out a lot this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom