2022 Transfer Offer Thread | Page 23 | The Boneyard

2022 Transfer Offer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's hard to convey in words how wrong you are about this. Jackson played the point A LOT, even when Cole was in the games.

Who is saying that? I don't think I've seen one person on this board say that we shouldn't be bringing in another point guard.
You just looking to argue, read one line of the post and just say "no" rather than reading the whole thing and actually talking about the points at hand.

Reaction Score
I'm not at all sure of that. As of today, I would expect the starting 5 to be Sanogo, Johnson, AJ, Hawk and Newton. I'm not nearly as sure that AJ plays tons of 4 or tons of point as many here are.
As of this minute I agree, but we also have a guard on campus right now who by the sounds of it may commit and has a good chance of starting, or at the very least getting 20 minutes a game. So it's starting to see like Jackson will be getting at least some minutes as a 4

Reaction Score
You just looking to argue, read one line of the post and just say "no" rather than reading the whole thing and actually talking about the points at hand.
You called everyone that disagreed with your objectively wrong point a moron and then argued that a bunch of people here are wrong based on a total straw man about people on here not thinking we need another PG. Not sure I'm the one looking for an argument.

Reaction Score
NY Post reports Michael Savarino, grandson of recently retired Duke legend Mike Krzyzewski, has entered the transfer portal. Does UConn want him?

Reaction Score
I'm not getting all the we have a guard crunch posts. We have one guard who can handle and score on the entire roster as of now.
Yeah I don't really get it. We have 5 open scholarships and it seems like some people think we're set at basically every position. We have a ton of minutes to offer guards
yeah these guys must be arguing with no one that we need another guard too

Reaction Score
but you agree, we need another point guard? ... which is all i was saying to begin with. You really this heated over me saying the 'M' word

Reaction Score
but you agree, we need another point guard? ... which is all i was saying to begin with. You really this heated over me saying the 'M' word
Yes, as does pretty much everyone on this board. You're arguing that there is a sizeable amount of people who disagree with this notion and it's just not true.

Reaction Score
:rolleyes: Yes we did. And yet his ballhandling wasn't up to it after his first year here. Most viewed him as a SF and even undersized 4.
I want to be as clear as possible about this: what people here thought means less than nothing to me. Martin was always able to play guard, and he did it well because he's a good player. The fact that the wrongest people on earth though he was a power forward doesn't mean that Hurley molded him into a 2-guard to help his pro prospects, and it certainly doesn't mean that Hawkins is suddenly going to become a great ballhandler this year.

Reaction Score
Yes, as does pretty much everyone on this board. You're arguing that there is a sizeable amount of people who disagree with this notion and it's just not true.
im just glad to have made a new friend today

Reaction Score
Just got word from a person "very close" to the program that Nahiem Alleyne is a done deal with the Huskies. Guard crisis averted!

The amount of people on this board that just read the tea leaves about recruiting and pretend to be insiders for likes is out of control. I won't name names... but yeesh. Yours is by far the worst attempt though.

Reaction Score
Finally had some time to sit down and watch video, nice little player. A kid like him could become such a pest on defense if that was something charged to him to prove himself. The offense is already there, that added defensive push could make this kid a very useful player for us.

Reaction Score
So the chance is that UConn trades Diggins, Gaffney, and Floyd, for Newton, Alleyne and maybe Castle. Seems like Hurley knows what he is doing. Even if Castle doesn't reclassify, the incoming talent and experience is potentially a significant upgrade in the back court. Both Newton and Alleyne would have been significant contributors to last year's team if on the roster.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
When it comes time to evaluate our new incoming players vs the transfers I believe we will be happy ..... of the result.

Reaction Score

He’s the one that’s a lockdown defender, right? Good depth piece if he’s willing to take on a very limited role this season. Assuming Alleyne and Castle are here this upcoming year, we have a rotation of 9 guys already (not including Springs). I can’t see Hurley finding any burn time for the 10th man unless it’s defense for offense switching at the end of a game

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Yes. He will take them. He has to. This is almost certainly our last season with Adama. He doesn't have to be great at it, or take any volume, but if he shows he has a good stroke and can hit some, NBA teams will know he can improve at it. He'll put the ball on the floor from further out as well. He's done that a few times pretty effectively.

I have criticized Hurley, but I think he will absolutely prioritize his players' future. He did it with Martin, making him a guard, letting him bring the ball up and giving him a green light from 3. So yes, Andre will be a guard on the offensive end, will shoot more 3's and attack the rim off the dribble. Hawk needs to get stronger, show he can handle the ball and play faster and score at the rim.
You're not wrong about this. BUT just because it's what Hurley wants him to do, doesn't mean he'll be able to do it.

Hurley wanted him to do both of those things last year but couldn't drive to the rim if it wasn't a fast break and he air-balled every 3 where he wan't wide open with his feet set.

If he can do both those things effectively that's great. But that's asking him to add a ton of new offense to his game that he hasn't yet shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom