2022 Transfer Offer Thread | Page 19 | The Boneyard

2022 Transfer Offer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Because he's 6'5" and some here think points have to be 6'2" or under to play here
We wrecked Kentucky with an undersized backcourt & here is now the cycle
1)we beat UK with little guards, I like a small backcourt
2) Nova & others abuse our little guards- we need more size in the backcourt
3) get more size in the backcourt-> see #1

& the cycle continues

Reaction Score
We wrecked Kentucky with an undersized backcourt & here is now the cycle
1)we beat UK with little guards, I like a small backcourt
2) Nova & others abuse our little guards- we need more size in the backcourt
3) get more size in the backcourt-> see #1

& the cycle continues
I’m never moving on from Bazz & Boat or even 6’2 Ben Gordon to big guards like the Harrisons. Give me quick, dynamic guards all day.

This last season’s roster construction was not my cup of tea. A mix is fine.

Reaction Score
44% from 3 on increased usage? Sign me up. Fits that 2G off ball spot we need; probably guards the smallest player on the court but fits best off ball. Love his stroke. Is he eligible to play right away? Was a KState guy in 2020, CC last year

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The second anyone uses the word “point” here, there’s a contingent on this board that just loses their mind.
After CFJ announced his entry to the transfer portal there were very few posters with any mind remaining to lose.

let’s hope G-d is on our side this time.

Reaction Score
Newton was second in the AAC in assists. He's a point guard. Why do you people insist that anyone who ever scores points isn't a "true point guard?"
My thing is is he that guy that consistently handle bringing the ball up court??? That's a strong trait of a true pg, along with the assists, points... Gimme a pg next to him with a strong handle and he'd be even stronger in our system... Right now, as constructed, we don't have enough if that.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Because he's 6'5" and some here think points have to be 6'2" or under to play here
Sadly, this is the correct answer. It’s not about scoring, Kemba and Bazz led their teams in scoring. It’s some irrational desire for a short guy who they think can dribble better in traffic. It’s ridiculous. Short PGs are disadvantaged in almost every respect.

Reaction Score
Meh. Newton is far better than any transfer they got. They just have more guys at the moment. We'll get ours.
UConn also has much better players coming back than PC does. So they aren't going to do as much in the offseason as PC has/will.

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score

played a season with Nijel Pack at KSU
bring them in as a package deal

Screen Shot 2022-04-17 at 5.38.31 PM.png

Reaction Score
Mike McGuirl was easily the best junior in the state when I saw him, I was scouting New London that December - I think it was at Trinity, one of those preseason/early season tournaments

Reaction Score
It feels wrong that I’m jealous of what Providence has done this offseason
Newton >>> any player they got.

We're gunna nab 3-4 more and I think our haul will be better simply because we got the best player (not sure it's relatively close). Cooleys done a nice job but he's just kind of recycling a lot of okay similar pieces that aren't going to change their program over night.

Reaction Score
The 2020-2021 KState team that Rudi played on was really quite terrible, which may explain why his 3P% was kinda low. I doubt he'd sustain a 45% 3P% here but even if those numbers fall to 40%, that's still awesome.

Also, his 2P% is great. He shot .540 from 2 last year and .480 the year at KState. He can score from anywhere

Reaction Score
Mike McGuirl was easily the best junior in the state when I saw him, I was scouting New London that December - I think it was at Trinity, one of those preseason/early season tournaments
He's done but there's another CT kid Primo Spears who averaged 12.7 per game his first year at Duquesne. I don't think he is in the portal but he's a very confident player, good athlete especially when it comes to body control, and can create his own shot. Would be a nice bench piece.

Reaction Score
Pretty excited for next season, lot of people bummed to lose floyd, akok, etc. but with a starting lineup of

PG: Posh Alexander
SG: Emoni Bates
SF: Stephon Castle
PF: Andre Jackson
C: Adama Sanogo

with Clingan, Karaban, Hawkins, Newton as bench players its pretty hard not to be optomistic about this team

Reaction Score
Pretty excited for next season, lot of people bummed to lose floyd, akok, etc. but with a starting lineup of

PG: Posh Alexander
SG: Emoni Bates
SF: Stephon Castle
PF: Andre Jackson
C: Adama Sanogo

with Clingan, Karaban, Hawkins, Newton as bench players its pretty hard not to be optomistic about this team

LOL Newton didn't realize he was coming off the bench I see huh? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Looks like Dennis will go elsewhere. Very likable player and I wish him well in his journey.

FWIW, Clemson already nabbed Lleweylln from Princeton...

Re: Lleweylln, apparently Clemson plays a similar style to Princeton so a good fit and both their starting backcourt transferred out.

Same guy told me Dawes down to 2, Seton Hall and forget the other one but he thought 50/50 now. The other Clemson guard looking at several schools, including SMU, hear they are hot on the trail right now with Lanier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom