2022 Transfer Offer Thread | Page 18 | The Boneyard

2022 Transfer Offer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Poking around UConn twitter, you quickly see why other fan bases don't like us, esp. with fellows like , no escalators and hurlymania. Smug, corny blowhards who act like college basketball did start when Calhoun took over UConn and all the other BS people like friarJ attribute to our fan base.
is…… well yeah, he’s something…

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
If Hawkins elevates his game and we pick up a 3-pt shooting 2 guard, then we won't need our 4 to hit 3's. Not sure Springs can step up enough to fill other offensive needs, but I'd love to see it if he could.
My guess is the key to his playing time will be how well he can defend. Offense will come if he can stay on the floor defending. We know he can rebound. Hoping he can grasp the rest of defense teaching he gets in practice daily. He physically reminds me of some of those guys they always seemed to have at Cinn., Louisville etc. that just dominated inside. There is always room on Big East teams for one of those kinds of dudes. It's a long season. I remember Toraino Walker seemingly coming out of nowhere in midseason and just manhandling other teams as we marched to the tournament run. Hoping the best for Mr. Ritchie.

Reaction Score
Now you're on to something. If 1-3 can hit 3's, 4&5 doesn't need to.
Am I the only one who thinks Jackson can hit a 3 if he’s set. He was 36% last season. I expect Andre to be able to get his shot off a little quicker next year and if he can stay around 35% or higher that’s not bad for someone who can‘t shoot

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who thinks Jackson can hit a 3 if he’s set. He was 36% last season. I expect Andre to be able to get his shot off a little quicker next year and if he can stay around 35% or higher that’s not bad for someone who can‘t shoot

I’m not sure if he goes to 25% or stays I have to admit. I just hope he learns how to finish and grab a mid range jumper. He can be special but scoring ability will make or break that next level.

Reaction Score
I was told earlier this week to this weekend expect 2 commitments and one not-so-surprising move. Newton was one, and I’m guessing Castle reclass is the not-so-surprising move. If we don’t get another commit this weekend I think that’s not a great sign

Reaction Score
I said this in the other thread but the longer we go without a commitment at the 2/3 spot, the more I don’t understand the Floyd transfer. Only thing that made sense to me when he left is if DH knew 100% that he had a similar player locked up and it just hadn’t been announced yet.

Reaction Score
I said this in the other thread but the longer we go without a commitment at the 2/3 spot, the more I don’t understand the Floyd transfer. Only thing that made sense to me when he left is if DH knew 100% that he had a similar player locked up and it just hadn’t been announced yet.
I'm not sure I really agree. If Hurley was open with Floyd that we were going to add a starting 2/3 transfer and Floyd chose to leave that makes sense to me. Whether we add that guy close to Floyd announcing his decision doesn't really change much for me

Reaction Score
I'm not sure I really agree. If Hurley was open with Floyd that we were going to add a starting 2/3 transfer and Floyd chose to leave that makes sense to me. Whether we add that guy close to Floyd announcing his decision doesn't really change much for me
Even if we added another 2/3, Floyd would be playing a ton. He’d be the only backup at the two and the 3 and could conceivably be the first guy off the bench for anyone other than Sanogo. Floyd expect us to field a 7 man roster? It’s insane to me if he thought he’d just be handed a starting job.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Even if we added another 2/3, Floyd would be playing a ton. He’d be the only backup at the two and the 3 and could conceivably be the first guy off the bench for anyone other than Sanogo. Floyd expect us to field a 7 man roster? It’s insane to me if he thought he’d just be handed a starting job.
Nobody has any information that this is the case at all. None. It seemed clear he was going to play. So perhaps transferring had nothing to do with that.

Reaction Score
Devin Carter to Providence
Yup. Cooley keeps reloading. And we definitely need more than Newton at the PG spot. He's more if a combo guard anyways...we need strong PG play. A combo guard is not the guy to give you that

Reaction Score
Yup. Cooley keeps reloading. And we definitely need more than Newton at the PG spot. He's more if a combo guard anyways...we need strong PG play. A combo guard is not the guy to give you that

Newton was second in the AAC in assists. He's a point guard. Why do you people insist that anyone who ever scores points isn't a "true point guard?"

Reaction Score
Newton was second in the AAC in assists. He's a point guard. Why do you people insist that anyone who ever scores points isn't a "true point guard?"
Yup. Part of the problem is that combo guard isn't well defined. It's still kind of a nascent term. Does it mean someone who is good at both being a point guard and a scoring guard? Or is it someone who is kind of mediocre at both and not a true PG or scoring/shooting guard? Or is it a scoring guard who can pass a little bit when needed?

But either way, Newton is good at both passing and scoring.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Are you expecting an addition today or tomorrow? @Zionn @husky99 @Matrim55
I would presume it is harder to find another transfer who is willing come off the bench. Most people who transfer want starter minutes.

Our rotation likely seems to be Newton, Hawkins, Jackson, Karaban, and Sanogo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom