2022 Transfer Offer Thread | Page 15 | The Boneyard

2022 Transfer Offer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We should be all over this guy, reminds me of Will Solomon...

Watch "Antoine Davis LIT IT UP For 39 PTS, 9 REB & 6 AST | Detroit Mercy's Newest All-Time Leading Scorer" on YouTube

We need to pass. Can’t recruit over Newton so soon.

Joking

Reaction Score

Watch "Antoine Davis LIT IT UP For 39 PTS, 9 REB & 6 AST | Detroit Mercy's Newest All-Time Leading Scorer" on YouTube

Hopefully we already were all over him. Because this decision was definitely made weeks ago for his next stop

Reaction Score
Sick! I agree... only thing concerning is that his field goal percentage is a little low...but it could be because he is probably double triple teamed all the time...look at his FT%! he could be a dead eye shooter from 3 if he works on his shot selection.

1649979877728.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We need to pass. Can’t recruit over Newton so soon.

Joking
good point...might cause our young players (Jackson Hawkins Castle) to consider transferring too.. which would not be good considering Davis would be a one year rental...he would be an upgrade but I think this guy is a longshot...an ideal role on our team would be for him to be spark plug off the bench as 6th man but I have a feeling he is looking to showcase his talents for the NBA(?) with his final year of his eligibility which means he would need to go to a team where he would still be number 1 options and I'm not sure if he would be that on our team...

Reaction Score
Worth noting that Ramey hired an agent that keeps his NCAA eligibility alive, will still need a waiver after playing in Portsmouth though

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

if its biscuits and buckets that we want, this guy is a nobrainer. better 'lights outability' than the guy just signed.
his type are the jackers players luv playing with. what's that phrase every coach says?..............carries the team.
in just this clip (i checked others) he received more 'knock hawk to the injured list' whacks than some players in an entire year. here, and in the others, he got up every single time. tough as nails. playa.
i just remembered who he feels like -ai.
he seems to have that gene se qua. savoir faire, too.

Reaction Score

His stats are surprisingly good. His team wasn't bad either and he was the best player. Also seems to be a better fit alongside Newton than some others. Okay size. One year left. I'd be totally fine with him.

Vince Cole from St. John's transferred into that team and Rudi was better, so that's at least a good sign that he could be a 6th man-type for us. Slight risk is that he was not very good at Kansas St the year before after juco.

His 47% 3-point shooting probably isn't sustainable (only 3 attempts per game), but he finished well in the paint, too. Seems like a top ~30ish transfer that will fly under the radar a bit.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's a highlight video, but am I crazy or does he kinda move like Kemba Walker? Same body type, similar size. He's got a similar top of the key hesi into explosive drive, a crossover step back, and kinda similar jump shot mechanics (shoots on the way up leaning backwards a bit). Also similar outside dribbe setup into euro-step fast break move. He's obviously not as good and he's quick but not top 10 pick quick, but just kinda struck me as maybe someone he modeled his game after. Maybe it's just the white and teal making me think the Hornets lol.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
like i said - no brainer.
Davis ranks No. 22 on the Division I men's college basketball all-time scoring list with 2,734 points and is poised to pass players such as J.J. Redick, Allan Houston and Larry Bird next season. He needs just 231 points to become the sport's 11th 3,000 point scorer of all-time.

also like i said, better bucket getter than the guy we just got.
see, above.
this man is good. real good. he's also fun and exciting, smooth, lithe, fast,
slick, and awesome, sooo, prolly no chance for our 'program.' if he's on the floor against nm state, we win the game.

Reaction Score
It's a highlight video, but am I crazy or does he kinda move like Kemba Walker? He's got a similar hesi, a step back, and kinda similar jump shot mechanics. Also similar euro-step fast break move. He's obviously not as good and he's quick but not top 10 pick quick, but just kinda struck me as maybe someone he modeled his game after.

He does, was just watching highlights.

Reaction Score
It's a highlight video, but am I crazy or does he kinda move like Kemba Walker? Same body type, similar size. He's got a similar hesi, a crossover step back, and kinda similar jump shot mechanics (shoots on the way up leaning backwards a bit). Also similar outside dribbe setup into euro-step fast break move. He's obviously not as good and he's quick but not top 10 pick quick, but just kinda struck me as maybe someone he modeled his game after.

I would not be upset if he found a way to Storrs.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
It's a highlight video, but am I crazy or does he kinda move like Kemba Walker? Same body type, similar size. He's got a similar top of the key hesi into explosive drive, a crossover step back, and kinda similar jump shot mechanics (shoots on the way up leaning backwards a bit). Also similar outside dribbe setup into euro-step fast break move. He's obviously not as good and he's quick but not top 10 pick quick, but just kinda struck me as maybe someone he modeled his game after. Maybe it's just the white and teal making me think the Hornets lol.

no, he does not move like kemba. he's a stiff. ya know how i know this, other than watching this and others of his?
2 stinkin free throw attempts per game.
mr wonderful, on the other hand and setting records, is a 5 ft/game man.
soooo, one is al iverson, obviously, and the other is al roker.

mr wonderful has just completed 4 years at the same school, and is looking for a higher level in his fifth year to show his stuff.
al roker, on the udder hand, is shopping for his 3rd, check that, fourth school, to try and pull the wool over some 'experts' again. of course, at the one 'bigtime' school he played, k state, he averaged less than one ft/game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
no, he does not move like kemba. he's a stiff. ya know how i know this, other than watching this and others of his?
2 stinkin free throw attempts per game.
mr wonderful, on the other hand and setting records, is a 5 ft/game man.
soooo, one is al iverson, obviously, and the other is al roker.

mr wonderful has just completed 4 years at the same school, and is looking for a higher level in his fifth year to show his stuff.
al roker, on the udder hand, is shopping for his 3rd, check that, fourth school, to try and pull the wool over some 'experts' again. of course, at the one 'bigtime' school he played, k state, he averaged less than one ft/game.
I think Mr Wonderful is Antoine Davis. Obviously i would take him first, he's better. He takes 10 3's a game and makes 38% of them. We're unlikely to get him, though.

Rudi has to learn the head snap, not quite on Kemba's level yet. He actually attempted more FTs per field goal attempt than Davis did, it's just that Davis was initiating every time down the court so naturally drew more fouls per game.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
oh yeah, Antoine Davis is mr wonderful.
he is friggin 10th in ncaa history in mpg at 37.3! tough.
if, as im currently told by danny, we are in win now mode, why wouldn't he be our top target? it's almost perfect, underachieving squad looking for a new leader with character, and noble mr davis with his fantastic record of accomplishment, coming here to sunset a great college career by leading his new team to victory. the headlines write themselves.
'We're unlikely to get him, though.'
as far as i know, we didn't even try. a shame i tell you, a crying shame.

Reaction Score
Offer list updated:

Rudi Williams is intriguing because he's already played close to starter minutes at Kansas State, albeit with nowhere near the same production as he had at Coastal Carolina. High floor guy with a chance to be an exciting player in the Big East.

Nahiem Alleyne is a realistic fit. I like how he's a well built guard whose played in a well-coached and organized offensive system under Mike Young. In those three years, he's been a perimeter shooter and secondary ball-handler next to two traditional pass-first PGs: two years with Wabissa Bede and then last year with Storm Murphy.

Since he's such a good outside shooter, I'm very intrigued with how he'd play under the currently projected system at UConn, where whoever plays PG will not be a pass-first guy. That sense of unpredictability, along with the rim-attack ability of Jackson, Newton and Hawkins, would allow for some wide open looks for Alleyne.

In summary, a decent-sized shooter like Alleyne pairs really nicely with the guard/wings we have on board. With a guy like Alleyne, I'd still want another ball-handler, but he doesn't have to be one of the top guys.

Would Moreheard State's Ta'Lon Cooper fit that bill? (6'4 190, 9.1p, 4.5r, 5.9a, physical defender, career 46.8 2p%, 36.6 3p%).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds