2022 Transfer Offer Thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

2022 Transfer Offer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Would take him as a 3rd guard. Don’t know if he’d want that role though.

Newton, Odukale, Jackson
Ramey, Hawk, Floyd
Hawk, Floyd, Jackson, Karaban
Jackson, Karaban, Johnson
Sanogo, Johnson, Clingan

Thats an 11 man rotation. Id love for Hurley to deploy a rotation that large and use all of guards and versatility to press. Idk if I see it though. The 4 out comments give me hope

Reaction Score

Newton, Odukale, Jackson
Ramey, Hawk, Floyd
Sanogo, Johnson, Clingan

Thats an 11 man rotation. Id love for Hurley to deploy a rotation that large and use all of guards and versatility to press. Idk if I see it though. The 4 out comments give me hope
That rotation is down to 10 now

pj

Reaction Score

Newton, Odukale, Jackson
Ramey, Hawk, Floyd
Sanogo, Johnson, Clingan

Without Floyd and eliminating the double counting it would be:
Newton, Odukale
Ramey, Hawk
Jackson, Karaban
Johnson
Sanogo, Clingan

which is 9. Out of your rotation - Springs and Akok. Castle reclass would add 1.

pj

Reaction Score
There is little chance imo that Hawkins doesn’t start.

Agreed, and I would see Karaban and Jackson both starting at the forward spots with Samson backing up both 4 and 5.

Newton - Hawkins - Jackson - Karaban - Sanogo starting with Castle and Johnson major players off the bench ... for an 8 man rotation we need one more quality player, and for depth on the inside we need at least one of Clingan/Akok/Springs to step up.

Reaction Score

6'2 180, 13.3p, 2.8a, 38 career 3p% (60% shot attempts are from three)

Good shooter, absolutely awful at the rim (40% FG at the rim). Basically, if he stuck to shooting 3s and only wide open layups, he could be an efficient role player. If he keeps doing what he did last year shooting 40% on his 2s, he’s not going to be a net positive.

Reaction Score
Good shooter, absolutely awful at the rim (40% FG at the rim). Basically, if he stuck to shooting 3s and only wide open layups, he could be an efficient role player. If he keeps doing what he did last year shooting 40% on his 2s, he’s not going to be a net positive.
He finished better the previous 2 years. Previous year was 52% at rim, this year 39%. Midrange jumpers at about the same frequency and accuracy. Would be interesting why his finishing nosedived on slightly less attempts.

Reaction Score
He finished better the previous 2 years. Previous year was 52% at rim, this year 39%. Midrange jumpers at about the same frequency and accuracy. Would be interesting why his finishing nosedived on slightly less attempts.
Yeah I’d be curious to see why. Without looking at video, he certainly doesn’t seem like the athletic type (0.8% OR, 8.4% DR, 1.2% STL). Not sold on him being more than a shooter off of the bench, but that’s a role I’d certainly be into having someone fill.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Jackson is not a PG, Jackson is not a PG. Repeat that until is sinks in or watch any tape of him dribbling in traffic.

The way he lets guys past him, I'm not convinced he's a guard. More like a point 3 or a super quick 4.

Letting him play meaningful minutes dribbling the ball is folly.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Any publications that have word on who is interested in Gaffney, Diggins, and the newly available Akok and Floyd?

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Seems about right for Diggins. I would imagine Gaffney will be in the same boat conference wise. Agree Floyd and Akok end up at high majors.

Reaction Score
Maybe Akok will end up like Roscoe, in a different situation. Sorta similar players IIRC, Roscoe better with the ball though

Reaction Score
Should we be concerned that a number of UConn’s targets in the transfer portal are combo guards who didn’t score much, or PGs with low APG figures? IIRC, Cole’s stats from Howard were much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom