2022 Transfer Offer Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

2022 Transfer Offer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bah 20 minutes isn't enough. Neither of the guys you are bringing in are as good. Johnson is likely the 4th best talent on the roster, even with these guys. Possibly better than that. Has star potential and these transfers do not. I expect Johnson will be the backup 5 as well (don't expect Clingan to play much). We also need Akok to get minutes at the 4, he may win that job. Then there is Springs. In short, the one position where we are set is the 4. Andre should be a 1-3. Hawkins is not strong enough to be a 3 and AJ isn't big enough to be a 4. They'd get mauled. Last thing I want is Hurley to turn UConn into URI.

Totally agree with the last sentence though. He needs to sub way more often.

No one except the staff really knows how talented Johnson is. He was deeply, deeply limited offensively in high school Extremely raw. It may click for him, it may not. You're making some bold claims on basically 0 evidence. The only evidence we DO have is that he couldn't see the floor this year. The kid he played behind is still on the roster.

Reaction Score
For the tenth time, Whaley being here when he wouldn’t normally have been eligible is the reason he didn’t play. He made plenty of 3s in HS. Also loves to dunk and can finish inside, which we need. Watch the video. Perfect PF for this team.

Look at him trying to dribble on the fast break at the 00:50 timestamp lmao. That's probably why he didn't play even with Whaley being here. If he was capable of contributing more than Whaley, he would have gotten minutes regardless. Hurley has said time and time again, "if a player was performing in practice better than someone else and I didn't give them game minutes, there would be a mutiny"

Samson could be a really good piece next season, but he was way way way too raw to see the court this past season

Reaction Score
What’s the story with Posh Alexander? I love his game. I’d play him with Newton. We’d be natty caliber.

Reaction Score
What’s the story with Posh Alexander? I love his game. I’d play him with Newton. We’d be natty caliber.

I don’t think he’s in the portal

Reaction Score
He's not transferring. A bunch of UConn Twitter guys have just decided to try and speak it into existence
To their credit, there were rumors St. John’s was getting curbelo and they’re basically wasting him on mediocre teams. cant blame them - love Posh.

Reaction Score
It’s whatever. We weren’t really hard on him and hopefully if we lock Newton in we can focus on Ramey or the kid from Charlotte
Can someone fill me in on Ramey? I saw Texas a few times (not nearly enough) and he didn’t really stand out, seems like a 3rd guard - not great shooter but good enough and not great creator but can dribble. Would rather aim higher but I only saw a few mins Looking for some insights Since it seems like a high possibility.

Marcus Carr looked far and away better To me, but small sample size.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Look at him trying to dribble on the fast break at the 00:50 timestamp lmao. That's probably why he didn't play even with Whaley being here. If he was capable of contributing more than Whaley, he would have gotten minutes regardless. Hurley has said time and time again, "if a player was performing in practice better than someone else and I didn't give them game minutes, there would be a mutiny"

Samson could be a really good piece next season, but he was way way way too raw to see the court this past season
No one except the staff really knows how talented Johnson is. He was deeply, deeply limited offensively in high school Extremely raw. It may click for him, it may not. You're making some bold claims on basically 0 evidence. The only evidence we DO have is that he couldn't see the floor this year. The kid he played behind is still on the roster.
I’m confident based on Hurley’s comments and the little I saw. Because I’ll be frank, if he isn‘t at least good with Akok being very good, (or vice versa), this team is going to suck. Those two guys are the key to the season.

My guess is Akok wins the PF job, and Johnson is the first big off the bench at both 4-5. If Jackson sees significant minutes there this team will be terrible. He’s going to be up top most of the time on offense and its not a role you want out of your 4.

Anyway. We all hope for the best in the portal.

Reaction Score
I’m confident based on Hurley’s comments and the little I saw. Because I’ll be frank, if he isn‘t at least good with Akok being very good, (or vice versa), this team is going to suck. Those two guys are the key to the season.

My guess is Akok wins the PF job, and Johnson is the first big off the bench at both 4-5. If Jackson sees significant minutes there this team will be terrible. He’s going to be up top most of the time on offense and its not a role you want out of your 4.

Anyway. We all hope for the best in the portal.

Jackson is the key to our season. Particularly if he can score 10ppg. This take is something else.

Reaction Score
Need another top transfer guard who can handle and score. Ramey.
Can he create for himself? I think the 2nd guard we take in from the portal really needs to be able to get their own shot.

Reaction Score
Can he create for himself? I think the 2nd guard we take in from the portal really needs to be able to get their own shot.
This is my question too. Haven’t seen enough of him to know - from what I’ve read seems like more of a wing/3 and D guy than a combo guard. One thing I did love that I read though is that he has a reputation as a lock down defender.

Reaction Score
This is my question too. Haven’t seen enough of him to know - from what I’ve read seems like more of a wing/3 and D guy than a combo guard. One thing I did love that I read though is that he has a reputation as a lock down defender.
Sitting on a plane with nothing but time. First video I came across of Ramey’s:

Just from this video alone, from a character standpoint, I’d root like hell for this guy.

Edit: Courtney Ramey Scores 19Pts + Game Winning Assists Lifting Texas Over West Virginia

Impressive film here from Ramey. Creates for himself (& teammates) multiple times.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Karaban is the important PF and it’s not close

If Jackson and Hawkins combine for 25 points I’m pumped
So a kid lower rated than Johnson, and who hasn’t played at all, is the key. I agree he’s important, as the backup SF and shooter. The Polley role.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Jackson is the key to our season. Particularly if he can score 10ppg. This take is something else.
He will score 10 ppg. It’s a given. He will be key to the offense and defense. But he’s not the main variable. I expect it from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom